America needs single payer

It should be an opt in or opt out with anything referring to government entitlements. It's the only fair way.

A healthier populace is good economics.

I don't care whether we consider it a "right" or not.

You can be healthy if you take care of yourself and are productive enough to provide for your own health care instead of demanding that somebody else pay your bills for you.

Just like the slave owners of times past you have no "right" to the labor of others.

Eight and a half minutes of education, with which most Americans won't bother.

It works great, it's ready to be scaled up.

Scaling it up would simply recreate all the problems of the traditional health care market. Single payer, implemented via Medicare-for-all or otherwise, is still insurance. Insurance is the problem, not the solution.
Medicare operates at a much lower overhead than private insurance, as would Medicare For All, and it works.
That doesn't matter. The problem with insurance isn't the overhead. It's our abuse of the insurance model. We're trying to use it as a general financing scheme, which is profoundly stupid. Insurance is a hedge against risk. Not a club you join to get access to health care bills.
A Rightie saying cost doesn't matter .. amazing.

When we're dealing with inflation dynamics, overhead isn't the biggest problem. The problem with the health care market is that no one cares what health care costs because hardly anyone is paying for their own health care.

Eight and a half minutes of education, with which most Americans won't bother.

It works great, it's ready to be scaled up.

Scaling it up would simply recreate all the problems of the traditional health care market. Single payer, implemented via Medicare-for-all or otherwise, is still insurance. Insurance is the problem, not the solution.
Medicare operates at a much lower overhead than private insurance, as would Medicare For All, and it works.
That doesn't matter. The problem with insurance isn't the overhead. It's our abuse of the insurance model. We're trying to use it as a general financing scheme, which is profoundly stupid. Insurance is a hedge against risk. Not a club you join to get access to health care bills.
A Rightie saying cost doesn't matter .. amazing.

When we're dealing with inflation dynamics, overhead isn't the biggest problem. The problem with the health care market is that no one cares what health care costs because hardly anyone is paying for their own health care.
Someone is paying.

Nope, we are going to move Canada here, because we don't do it right.

Even Bernie Sanders agreed that it ain't going to happen. The lobbyists are simply too strong.

It ain't going to happen today. It's coming though.
How so? Please explain. Then explain how it will work. How it will be implemented. Who gets to pay for it. And who will be exempt....

Fortunately, I'm not the one who has to work all that out. It might also surprise you to know that I don't set the price of gas, schedule airline flights, or approve drugs. There are people who have specific knowledge of those things that make those decisions. It's not required for anonymous people on the internet to have all the answers.

Canada, Mexico, Britian and most of the more respectable european nations have it.
1. 100% of all people have healthcare
2. Most of these nations spend less dollars. What do we get for $8,100/person??? Canada is far cheaper!!! They also don't allow their drug companies to jack up prices to take away peoples retirements.
3. No one is left dying while some rich mother fucker is getting millions of dollars off of the system. It is called a failure of the market system. Canada has shown us the way and it is time to dump this shit!!!!

What's funny is the reality that none of these other nations soak the people most in need as much as we do. And for what? Oh'yesss, so some ceo or board member can live like a king.

I say replace Obamacare with single payer!!! Do it now. I honestly don't understand why the republicans would want a system that been shown to fail and costs this nation so much.

All of those systems are collapsing...and the care sucks for the old.....if you are young and don't need care...they are great...old and need actual treatment...they suck....
All socialized medicine is, is rationed care. Very sick and older patients are told to get their affairs in order.
Healthy people are ignored because they rarely need care.

No, 2aguy, the systems are not collapsing, the care for the old is competent, the young need good cae, too, and they live longer, are healthier, and the systems cost less per person.

You can stop your lying now.
Yes they are. Why do you think all those Euro Zone nations are near bankruptcy and in debt to Germany in the hundreds of billions of Euros?.....The debt from their respective socialized medicine programs is the largest contributor.
You can deny this all you like. It does not change the facts.
These countries have run out of people and things to tax.

glad to see you finally are telling the truth about how the democrats screwed up healthcare.
Those are your silly words. ACA is only the first step trying to unscrew the American mess made by the Congress and health care industry the last forty years.
Right. And you think that because the federal government which saw a problem, created a bureaucracy, made new policy, totally fucked a perfectly good system, is deserving of another chance....to fuck it up even more?.....
The current system is typical of liberal policy.. That is to create a crisis, make new policy, present it as a solution, screw it up even more, then introduce a new policy to "fix" the screw up....A screw up THEY created in the first place.

You forgot the last step, blame Republicans for not supporting the democrat's mess. Seems that jake and democrats, not that there is a difference, obviously realize they will screw everything up without Republican help, and they certainly proved it with Obamacare.

I wonder if the Senator that took the "corn huskers kickback" feels guilty now, doubtful.

No, 2aguy, the systems are not collapsing, the care for the old is competent, the young need good cae, too, and they live longer, are healthier, and the systems cost less per person.

You can stop your lying now.
Yes they are. Why do you think all those Euro Zone nations are near bankruptcy and in debt to Germany in the hundreds of billions of Euros?.....The debt from their respective socialized medicine programs is the largest contributor.
You can deny this all you like. It does not change the facts.
These countries have run out of people and things to tax.
Link?

Oh, it will happen, but since you are even older than Old Rocks and that gang, you may not live to see it.
Believe what you wish. No one in government is going to touch the idea because the plan will be on the shoulders of less than half the population.
Woudl you be in favor of single payer if even the lowest income earners had their taxes jacked up to confiscatory levels?
One, it is going to happen, and, two, your question is immaterial to the issue.

Canada, Mexico, Britian and most of the more respectable european nations have it.
2. Most of these nations spend less dollars. What do we get for $8,100/person??? Canada is far cheaper!!! They also don't allow their drug companies to jack up prices to take away peoples retirements.
3. No one is left dying while some rich mother fucker is getting millions of dollars off of the system. It is called a failure of the market system. Canada has shown us the way and it is time to dump this shit!!!!

What's funny is the reality that none of these other nations soak the people most in need as much as we do. And for what? Oh'yesss, so some ceo or board member can live like a king.

I say replace Obamacare with single payer!!! Do it now. I honestly don't understand why the republicans would want a system that been shown to fail and costs this nation so much.
Yeah because big centralized government works so well.

Only an idiot would believe such a thing.

Medicare is efficient with low overhead.
Medicare is efficient?.....Holy shit.
You make a silly statement.

glad to see you finally are telling the truth about how the democrats screwed up healthcare.
Those are your silly words. ACA is only the first step trying to unscrew the American mess made by the Congress and health care industry the last forty years.
Right. And you think that because the federal government which saw a problem, created a bureaucracy, made new policy, totally fucked a perfectly good system, is deserving of another chance....to fuck it up even more?.....
The current system is typical of liberal policy.. That is to create a crisis, make new policy, present it as a solution, screw it up even more, then introduce a new policy to "fix" the screw up....A screw up THEY created in the first place.
You keep making silly statements, and we are quite fortunate your type is not in charge of the government.

astro turfing is a made up nonsense of the far right losers.

They can't win honestly so they lie. That has always been the way of the far right. They never win, they always lie.

The try to gaslight their way out and always get caught.
Ahh bullshit on you. Don't you dare call yourself anything but a liberal.
You are gaslighting again: I am not liberal and your are not a mainstream Republican, thus what you think is immaterial.

You haven't researched much have you?

A few years back the government of Manitoba closed my ER. My funeral home is closer. And nothing is free. An ambulance ride is close to 300 bucks.

A few years back the government of Manitoba closed my ER. My funeral home is closer. And nothing is free. An ambulance ride is close to 300 bucks.
One, how much do you pay per capita for health care?

Two, what is the average age of death?

Three, what is the percentage of Canadians that want to go an US style health care system?

One, how much do you pay per capita for health care?

Two, what is the average age of death?

Three, what is the percentage of Canadians that want to go an US style health care system?

Your three countries that Matthew put up have the worst.

I'm not even going to play on that. I'm a big believer in two tier. Check out France. I have been promoting this here big time and I'm making headway. You need private and public.

I have been at this for years. And you get way more bang for your buck and people really do receive better care.

Britain's NHS is a nightmare. You really need to check out all the scandals. From the Liverpool Pathway right across the board it's nothing short of a hell on earth.

Oh and anyone who lands in Britain without healthcare and never pays a dime gets free health care. Brits are dying on gurneys while some one from Pakistan gets treated first who've never paid a dime. You know. All to help the third world and all.

Look at Paul Krugman learn about how successful Canadians think their HC system is great.

I lived in Washington State for a few years. The doctor's offices always had Canadians getting American health care even thought they had to pay for it.

Here is a look at "free" Canadian health care.

Forum List

Back