America - Nation of Immigrants

ab
Yes...the melting pot has turned into lots of individual pots that are never brought together.

There are those who work diligently to keep Americans divided. It is good business for them.

And they fail. They always will.
They are succeeding now and have been for some time.

Exactly wrong. Immigrants are still assimilating as they always have.
Wrong again.

America has become a hodgepodge of different groups that are not assimilating. It takes a generation or two for different nationalities to assimilate and with liberalism in charge, assimilation is no longer a requirement. When one is taught in the p-schools that American history is nothing but evil, why would one want to assimilate as an American? Plus Mexicans think the southwest US is really part of Mexico, because America stole it in the Mexican American War.

Nonsense. You've bought into what the leftiest leftists want, but it is not reality. Stop playing their pawn; they've made a fool of you.
Absurd.

Reality is what it is. Stop believing statist nonsense.

For crying out loud. yes we are Nation of Immigrants. the problem today is they aren't asked TO ASSIMILATE to our country. ...

'They' don't even have to be asked, immigrants today assimilate just as those who came before them did.

REally?

Immigrants, don't boo U.S. teams

"On a balmy early Saturday summer evening, the U.S soccer team played for a prestigious championship in a U.S. stadium ... and was smothered in boos.

"Its fans were vastly outnumbered. Its goalkeeper was bathed in a chanted obscenity. Even its national anthem was filled with the blowing of air horns and bouncing of beach balls. Most of these hostile visitors didn't live in another country. Most, in fact, were not visitors at all, many of them being U.S. residents whose lives are here but whose sporting souls remain elsewhere."

"Sanchez told Plaschke: "We're not booing the country, we're booing the team. There is a big difference."

Is there really? The team represents the country. So if you disrespect one, you disrespect the other.

The Mexican fans understand perfectly. After all, they weren't just cheering a team; they were showing their love for Mexico. The team represents the country."

Stop Third World Immigration.

We are, have always been, and will always be a nation of immigrants. It is one of the defining characteristics of the greatest nation the world has ever known.

The Contributions of Immigrants to American Culture

"The standard account of American immigration focuses on the acculturation and assimilation of immigrants and their children to American society. This analysis typically ignores the significant contributions of immigrants to the creation of American culture through the performing arts, sciences, and other cultural pursuits. Immigrants and their children are not born with more creative talents than native-born citizens, but their selectivity and marginality may have pushed and pulled those with ability into high-risk career paths that reward creative work. The presence of large numbers of talented immigrants in Hollywood, academia, and the high-tech industries has pushed American institutions to be more meritocratic and open to innovation than they would be otherwise.

The lives of most immigrants are a dialectic between the memories of the world left behind and the day-to-day struggles of learning the ropes of a new society. Mastering a new language, living and working among strangers, and coping with the unfamiliar are only some of the challenges faced by immigrants. It is no wonder that nostalgia has a strong grip on the cultural pursuits of immigrants. Immigrant communities generally find comfort in familiar religious traditions and rituals, seek out newspapers and literature from the homeland, and celebrate holidays and special occasions with traditional music, dance, cuisine, and leisure-time pursuits."

Too funny.

I am not an immigrant. My family goes back eight generations here. I was born and raised here, and have no ties whatsoever with any other nation. I am as Native American as the descendants of those who wandered across the Bering.

We are most definitely NOT a nation of immigrants. We are a nation of Americans, faced with an illegal invasion of squatters.

8 generations? And before that?

Before that is irrelevant.....

In other words, you are from an immigrant family like the rest of us.

Nope. Born here is not immigrated.

ab
And they fail. They always will.

Wrong again.

America has become a hodgepodge of different groups that are not assimilating. It takes a generation or two for different nationalities to assimilate and with liberalism in charge, assimilation is no longer a requirement. When one is taught in the p-schools that American history is nothing but evil, why would one want to assimilate as an American? Plus Mexicans think the southwest US is really part of Mexico, because America stole it in the Mexican American War.

Nonsense. You've bought into what the leftiest leftists want, but it is not reality. Stop playing their pawn; they've made a fool of you.
Absurd.

Reality is what it is. ....

Yes it is. Try living in it sometime. Immigrants today are assimilating as always, they know what a real map of North America looks like, and they understand better than you the importance of learning English.

We are, have always been, and will always be a nation of immigrants. It is one of the defining characteristics of the greatest nation the world has ever known.

"The standard account of American immigration focuses on the acculturation and assimilation of immigrants and their children to American society. This analysis typically ignores the significant contributions of immigrants to the creation of American culture through the performing arts, sciences, and other cultural pursuits. Immigrants and their children are not born with more creative talents than native-born citizens, but their selectivity and marginality may have pushed and pulled those with ability into high-risk career paths that reward creative work. The presence of large numbers of talented immigrants in Hollywood, academia, and the high-tech industries has pushed American institutions to be more meritocratic and open to innovation than they would be otherwise.

The lives of most immigrants are a dialectic between the memories of the world left behind and the day-to-day struggles of learning the ropes of a new society. Mastering a new language, living and working among strangers, and coping with the unfamiliar are only some of the challenges faced by immigrants. It is no wonder that nostalgia has a strong grip on the cultural pursuits of immigrants. Immigrant communities generally find comfort in familiar religious traditions and rituals, seek out newspapers and literature from the homeland, and celebrate holidays and special occasions with traditional music, dance, cuisine, and leisure-time pursuits."

Too funny.

I am not an immigrant. My family goes back eight generations here. I was born and raised here, and have no ties whatsoever with any other nation. I am as Native American as the descendants of those who wandered across the Bering.

We are most definitely NOT a nation of immigrants. We are a nation of Americans, faced with an illegal invasion of squatters.

Of an immigrant family like the rest of us.

ab

Wrong again.

Absurd.

Yes it is. Try living in it sometime. Immigrants today are assimilating as always, they know what a real map of North America looks like, and they understand better than you the importance of learning English.
My definition of assimilation and your's may be different.

Learning English and knowing the map of NA are one thing, but can hardly be considered the full definition of assimilation.

I would say Mexicans demonstrating against Trump, while flying Mexican flags and claiming California is part of Mexico, clearly indicates a lack of assimilation as well as other things.

Uncle terrie, you only see one thing. Let the illegals in. Let them all in. No limits right?
We dont need any more new ppl here at all. We have plenty of smart ppl here already. Frankly?...I dont care about they're struggles. Im concerned about the struggles of the citizens here already. Legal citizens. What you and others support is ignorant and traitorous. If you support something that hurts our country, your a traitor. You dont understand the neg effects. You just dont get it.

I live in soCal. I was talking to a duel citizenship mex the other day. He boasted about how he commits crimes and goes back to mex for a while then he come back and gets a slap on the wrist. He also said that baja cal is the 51st state. The illegals travel back and fourth every day to work here and then go back to mex every night. They look at the border as if it werent there. They dont want to be American and they dont want our ways or our language, they only want our jobs and our infrastructure.. They are only here to get what they can get. Go to ss office or unemployment office...no English spoken. Ther are groups here that speak out against America and say to take over. They say turn cali into mex. Is this what you want?

ab
Wrong again.

Absurd.

My definition of assimilation and your's may be different.

Learning English and knowing the map of NA are one thing, but can hardly be considered the full definition of assimilation.

I would say Mexicans demonstrating against Trump, while flying Mexican flags and claiming California is part of Mexico, clearly indicates a lack of assimilation as well as other things.

Stop being stupid. What percentage of the total do you think those assholes represent?

A very, very large number
Came to the south west and see. Stop running on emotion instead of fact.

Uncle terrie, you only see one thing. Let the illegals in. Let them all in. No limits right?

NO. I never said anything remotely like that, you lying sack of shit.

Too funny.

The definition of an immigrant does translate down generations.

"a person who comes to a country to take up permanent residence"

Being born here does makes you NOT an immigrant.

Too funny.

Before that is irrelevant, as I am not concerned about royal bloodlines, and as previously stated, no ties to any foreign nations.
Billy, if your ancestors are like mine, they came here as British citizens to a British colony, but to me, we were still immigrants. You're right, we quickly turned into something other than British on this side of the pond. You are not Native American though. Did we have this conversation a couple weeks ago about Keniwick Man?

For crying out loud. yes we are Nation of Immigrants. the problem today is they aren't asked TO ASSIMILATE to our country. ...

'They' don't even have to be asked, immigrants today assimilate just as those who came before them did.

REally?

Immigrants, don't boo U.S. teams

"On a balmy early Saturday summer evening, the U.S soccer team played for a prestigious championship in a U.S. stadium ... and was smothered in boos.

"Its fans were vastly outnumbered. Its goalkeeper was bathed in a chanted obscenity. Even its national anthem was filled with the blowing of air horns and bouncing of beach balls. Most of these hostile visitors didn't live in another country. Most, in fact, were not visitors at all, many of them being U.S. residents whose lives are here but whose sporting souls remain elsewhere."

"Sanchez told Plaschke: "We're not booing the country, we're booing the team. There is a big difference."

Is there really? The team represents the country. So if you disrespect one, you disrespect the other.

The Mexican fans understand perfectly. After all, they weren't just cheering a team; they were showing their love for Mexico. The team represents the country."

Stop Third World Immigration.
Naw. They're just Yankee fans.

Too funny.

Nope. Native American.

Too funny.

Before that is irrelevant, as I am not concerned about royal bloodlines, and as previously stated, no ties to any foreign nations.
Billy, if your ancestors are like mine, they came here as British citizens to a British colony, but to me, we were still immigrants. You're right, we quickly turned into something other than British on this side of the pond. You are not Native American though. Did we have this conversation a couple weeks ago about Keniwick Man?

I am a Native American. No, we didn't discuss Keniwick Man, which is irrelevant to the issue.

Too funny.

I am a Native American.

No, you're not.

Too funny.

I am a Native American.

No, you're not.

Yes, I am.

Full Definition of NATIVE (Merriam Webster)

1: inborn, innate <native talents>

2: belonging to a particular place by birth

3: closely related

4: belonging to or associated with one by birth

5: natural, normal

6: grown, produced, or originating in a particular place or in the vicinity, living or growing naturally in a particular region : indigenous

7: simple, unaffected

8: a: constituting the original substance or source b: found in nature especially in an unadulterated form <mining native silver>

9: having a usually superficial resemblance to a specified English plant or animal

10: of, relating to, or being a member of an aboriginal people of North or South America : native american

10: of, relating to, or being a member of an aboriginal people of North or South America : native american
When your ancestors arrived here eight generations ago, there had been people living on this continent for 10,000, 20,000, 30,000 years or more. They were hunting, farming, fishing, raising their families, trading with, allying with and warring with other tribes, sometimes gathering in huge cities of tens and hundreds of thousands of people. Ya know, living here.
If we got here four hundred years ago, we're American, alright. But you have no right to call yourself a Native American. That's not what the term connotes and it's damned disrespectful to call yourself that.

When your ancestors arrived here eight generations ago, there had been people living on this continent for 10,000, 20,000, 30,000 years or more. They were hunting, farming, fishing, raising their families, trading with, allying with and warring with other tribes, sometimes gathering in huge cities of tens and hundreds of thousands of people. Ya know, living here.
If we got here four hundred years ago, we're American, alright. But you have no right to call yourself a Native American. That's not what the term connotes and it's damned disrespectful to call yourself that.

No, it's not.

It's far closer to correct english usage that claiming we are a "Nation of IMmigrants".

Forum List

Back