America - Nation of Immigrants

This thread is like the Op they have no purpose

Understanding and appreciating America is the highest purpose.
So u worship the idea of America

I see that vocabulary is one of the many problems you have with the English language.
U really have a grudge against my forum short hand. Don't deflect stay focused

Illiteracy is not "shorthand." Stop deluding yourself.
U say delude I say simplicity, who cares. Why r u evading my question

I see that vocabulary is one of the many problems you have with the English language.

U say delude I say simplicity....

And you are lying to yourself.

......Why r u evading my question

If you have a question, ask it in proper English or fuck off.

It's already been asked quit acting like a pussy liberal

It's already been asked

Ask in proper English or fuck off.

You're arguing with a deviant.

Is he arguing with you?

Is he arguing with you?
No, he's arguing with Mr. Fecal Fetish...YOU.

We are, have always been, and will always be a nation of immigrants. It is one of the defining characteristics of the greatest nation the world has ever known.

The Contributions of Immigrants to American Culture

"The standard account of American immigration focuses on the acculturation and assimilation of immigrants and their children to American society. This analysis typically ignores the significant contributions of immigrants to the creation of American culture through the performing arts, sciences, and other cultural pursuits. Immigrants and their children are not born with more creative talents than native-born citizens, but their selectivity and marginality may have pushed and pulled those with ability into high-risk career paths that reward creative work. The presence of large numbers of talented immigrants in Hollywood, academia, and the high-tech industries has pushed American institutions to be more meritocratic and open to innovation than they would be otherwise.

The lives of most immigrants are a dialectic between the memories of the world left behind and the day-to-day struggles of learning the ropes of a new society. Mastering a new language, living and working among strangers, and coping with the unfamiliar are only some of the challenges faced by immigrants. It is no wonder that nostalgia has a strong grip on the cultural pursuits of immigrants. Immigrant communities generally find comfort in familiar religious traditions and rituals, seek out newspapers and literature from the homeland, and celebrate holidays and special occasions with traditional music, dance, cuisine, and leisure-time pursuits."

Too funny.

I am not an immigrant. My family goes back eight generations here. I was born and raised here, and have no ties whatsoever with any other nation. I am as Native American as the descendants of those who wandered across the Bering.

We are most definitely NOT a nation of immigrants. We are a nation of Americans, faced with an illegal invasion of squatters.

We are, have always been, and will always be a nation of immigrants. It is one of the defining characteristics of the greatest nation the world has ever known.

"The standard account of American immigration focuses on the acculturation and assimilation of immigrants and their children to American society. This analysis typically ignores the significant contributions of immigrants to the creation of American culture through the performing arts, sciences, and other cultural pursuits. Immigrants and their children are not born with more creative talents than native-born citizens, but their selectivity and marginality may have pushed and pulled those with ability into high-risk career paths that reward creative work. The presence of large numbers of talented immigrants in Hollywood, academia, and the high-tech industries has pushed American institutions to be more meritocratic and open to innovation than they would be otherwise.

The lives of most immigrants are a dialectic between the memories of the world left behind and the day-to-day struggles of learning the ropes of a new society. Mastering a new language, living and working among strangers, and coping with the unfamiliar are only some of the challenges faced by immigrants. It is no wonder that nostalgia has a strong grip on the cultural pursuits of immigrants. Immigrant communities generally find comfort in familiar religious traditions and rituals, seek out newspapers and literature from the homeland, and celebrate holidays and special occasions with traditional music, dance, cuisine, and leisure-time pursuits."

Too funny.

I am not an immigrant. My family goes back eight generations here. I was born and raised here, and have no ties whatsoever with any other nation. I am as Native American as the descendants of those who wandered across the Bering.

We are most definitely NOT a nation of immigrants. We are a nation of Americans, faced with an illegal invasion of squatters.
Yes...the melting pot has turned into lots of individual pots that are never brought together.

There are those who work diligently to keep Americans divided. It is good business for them.

Too funny.

8 generations? And before that?

Too funny.

Yes...the melting pot has turned into lots of individual pots that are never brought together.

There are those who work diligently to keep Americans divided. It is good business for them.

And they fail. They always will. The melting pot still works just fine.

Too funny.

And they fail. They always will.
They are succeeding now and have been for some time.

Is he arguing with you?
No, he's arguing with Mr. Fecal Fetish...YOU.

You need professional help, you sick fuck.

Too funny.

Exactly wrong. Immigrants are still assimilating as they always have.

Too funny.

Before that is irrelevant, as I am not concerned about royal bloodlines, and as previously stated, no ties to any foreign nations.

Too funny.

Wrong again.

America has become a hodgepodge of different groups that are not assimilating. It takes a generation or two for different nationalities to assimilate and with liberalism in charge, assimilation is no longer a requirement. When one is taught in the p-schools that American history is nothing but evil, why would one want to assimilate as an American? Plus Mexicans think the southwest US is really part of Mexico, because America stole it in the Mexican American War.

Too funny.

Before that is irrelevant.....

In other words, you are from an immigrant family like the rest of us.

Too funny.

Wrong again.

America has become a hodgepodge of different groups that are not assimilating. It takes a generation or two for different nationalities to assimilate and with liberalism in charge, assimilation is no longer a requirement. When one is taught in the p-schools that American history is nothing but evil, why would one want to assimilate as an American? Plus Mexicans think the southwest US is really part of Mexico, because America stole it in the Mexican American War.

Nonsense. You've bought into what the leftiest leftists want, but it is not reality. Stop playing their pawn; they've made a fool of you.

Forum List

Back