America Is So Fucked...

If I've said it once, I've said it a dozen times, I'm a centrist. What you don't get (or refuse to, or are ignorant to) is that of all the democratic (and I don't mean party here, I mean the concept) governments in the world, the American one under George Bush was uber right wing. You guys who supported him are so far to the right compared to most other free thinkers in the world that anybody slightly to the left of him is considered a liberal. In both NZ, Australia and the UK, when I was there, I was accused of being a right winger in many of my thoughts. You will never get it Stephie....you just never will...

free thinker? bullshit! all you do is parrott the leftwing talking points, you haven't had an original thought since you've posted on this message board, now go clean my toilet. whydonchya?

This post, right here, proves that when it comes to politics, you 1) Rarely read what I post; 2) Lump me in with others because you're too lazy to read my posts...

Tissue?

Thanks for bringing my attention to your sig. The fact that you mention only one side as being interested in sound bytes sort of reveals that you are just what you criticize. Partisan.

Hey, I can only go on what I see on these boards. Don't get me wrong, for every Steph or Willow there appears to be an RDean, but seriously, the right wing in America is sooooo right wing compared to everybody else in the democratic world, that it beggars belief...
That's interesting. I see the parroting equally on both sides.

Funny how it works out like that.

Which is the point of the OP.

That aside, I think Obama could do a better job, and he has missed the boat on this debt ceiling business. He needed to raise taxes and slash spending a lot more than he has.......

Why? Because of the debt crisis? Because of lack of job growth? Credit rating downgrade?

Yeah, all of the above, but the main reason is because your political in fighting. You guys are so concerned about the win you don't give a shit about trying to fix this mess. Thread after thread on this board is "It's Obama's fault".."It's the right's fault"..The hatred is so deep and so bitter - and you give the loons like Bachmann and whoever her left-wing equivalent is, the time of day - that it going to sink your country.

And don't blame your politicians - reading on this board you guys are jsut as bad as them - you voted for them and you support them.

Of all the political systems I see from day-to-day - British, Aust., NZ, US - other European countries - the US is by far the worst for vitriol and partisanship. THIS is what is going to kill the American Empire in the end, NOT a credit downgrade, GFC...They are the symptoms, the partisan hackery is the cause...

Just because what you believe in, and know is right, appears 'partisan', is not a reason to abandon it.

Yeah, but if you are partisan you are blinded by idealogy, even at the expense of a good idea coming from the other side of the aisle. You guys needed to cut spending and get a tax increase - at least for the next couple of years.

it's like the freaking Greeks. Retire at 53 and don't pay taxes. We'd all love that, but now you're living in a country that is bankrupt. People have to suck up unpopular decisions for the benefit of everybody. But nobody is willing to do so, and thus the OP...

I've been advocating for balancing the budget for ages.

Sorry, but I have a hard time being lectured by someone (THE Dr. Grumpy) who has been one of the biggest offenders of this so called, PARTIANSHIP. NOW ALL OF SUDDEN they are all worried about it. You all should of been here when Bush was President, you would see what I mean

cracks me up now to see the whining

and then this is in their signature...
"You know, the one thing that peeves me about Obama haters and neocons in general is that they live on sound bites. There is no substance to their argument. They think a throw away sentence from the likes of Beck, Rush, Hannity or O'Reilly is some intriguing insight, when all it is is a partisan, insipid few words with no hard data or research to back them up." Me

Insinuating that all the people who are against the Obama(and notice he calls them, Obama haters) all they do is listen to Beck, Rush, Hannity or O'Reilly...

From the day he was elected, the right wing sicced him. True story. If you guys had given him a year - hell, even six months - and laid into him, fair play. But from the day he was in office? Dont' believe me? Go search posts on this board on Jan 21 2009....

Oh waaaa for us all, our hearts are breaking.
Why don't you tell them to search back when Bush was President and what YOU SAID and how much of a chance you all gave him?? REMEMBER, a few of us WERE HERE THEN...:lol:

Hey, I can only go on what I see on these boards. Don't get me wrong, for every Steph or Willow there appears to be an RDean, but seriously, the right wing in America is sooooo right wing compared to everybody else in the democratic world, that it beggars belief...

That aside, I think Obama could do a better job, and he has missed the boat on this debt ceiling business. He needed to raise taxes and slash spending a lot more than he has.......

He's not a dictator asshole. HE can't raise taxes..

free thinker? bullshit! all you do is parrott the leftwing talking points, you haven't had an original thought since you've posted on this message board, now go clean my toilet. whydonchya?

This post, right here, proves that when it comes to politics, you 1) Rarely read what I post; 2) Lump me in with others because you're too lazy to read my posts...

Tissue?

Don't mistake my stating the obvious with me being upset. I'm not. All you have done is reinforce the position set out in my sig. You're a sound bite Chick...good for you...

He's not a dictator asshole. HE can't raise taxes..

Oh, I know. But that needed to be on the table....

But, wait...you're not partisan, so you tell us. Right?

Just because what you believe in, and know is right, appears 'partisan', is not a reason to abandon it.

Yeah, but if you are partisan you are blinded by idealogy, even at the expense of a good idea coming from the other side of the aisle. You guys needed to cut spending and get a tax increase - at least for the next couple of years.

it's like the freaking Greeks. Retire at 53 and don't pay taxes. We'd all love that, but now you're living in a country that is bankrupt. People have to suck up unpopular decisions for the benefit of everybody. But nobody is willing to do so, and thus the OP...

I've been advocating for balancing the budget for ages.

Big fat assed liar.

Sorry, but I have a hard time being lectured by someone (THE Dr. Grumpy) who has been one of the biggest offenders of this so called, PARTIANSHIP. NOW ALL OF SUDDEN they are all worried about it. You all should of been here when Bush was President, you would see what I mean

cracks me up now to see the whining

and then this is in their signature...

Insinuating that all the people who are against the Obama(and notice he calls them, Obama haters) all they do is listen to Beck, Rush, Hannity or O'Reilly...

From the day he was elected, the right wing sicced him. True story. If you guys had given him a year - hell, even six months - and laid into him, fair play. But from the day he was in office? Dont' believe me? Go search posts on this board on Jan 21 2009....

Why don't you tell them to search back when Bush was President and what YOU SAID and how much of a chance you all gave him?? REMEMBER, a few of us WERE HERE THEN...:lol:

Different set of circumstances. Yet another trait of the uber right - can't look beyond the sophmoric "you did it too" mantra. I bet you're one of those people who called Kerry a flip flopper "I voted for it, before I voted against it" without even looking into why he did so.

But, wait...you're not partisan, so you tell us. Right?

Hold on a sec.

I said "Raise Taxes" , which is a Dem mantra.
I also said "Slash spending" a Rep mantra.

So I advocate there is good ideology from both parties and I'm a partisan. Towards who?

Why? Because of the debt crisis? Because of lack of job growth? Credit rating downgrade?

Yeah, all of the above, but the main reason is because your political in fighting. You guys are so concerned about the win you don't give a shit about trying to fix this mess. Thread after thread on this board is "It's Obama's fault".."It's the right's fault"..The hatred is so deep and so bitter - and you give the loons like Bachmann and whoever her left-wing equivalent is, the time of day - that is going to sink your country.

And don't blame your politicians - reading on this board you guys are jsut as bad as them - you voted for them and you support them.

Of all the political systems I see from day-to-day - British, Aust., NZ, US - other European countries - the US is by far the worst for vitriol and partisanship. THIS is what is going to kill the American Empire in the end, NOT a credit downgrade, GFC...They are the symptoms, the partisan hackery is the cause...

Hmmm... How about incompatible competing political ideologies, Dick Tracy. ;) Stop the presses. Now that that mystery is solved, what's next? Israel? Iran? Cold Fusion? ;) Why are you picking on Bachmann again? Why couldn't you resist, just this one time. You were so credible up unto that point. :D Fuck. Let's just blame it on Free Speech.

Different set of circumstances. Yet another trait of the uber right - can't look beyond the sophmoric "you did it too" mantra. I bet you're one of those people who called Kerry a flip flopper "I voted for it, before I voted against it" without even looking into why he did so.

lol, WHAT I am NOT going to look beyound is your friggen whining lecturing DOUBLE STANDARDS and you being a hypocrite to boot.

A whole fucking box of tissue?

What is it with you and tissues. The thing I love most about you contributing to this thread WT, is you reinforce the OP time and time again, which just brings me to the conclusion (and something I've thought all along), you are part of the problem not the solution.

The irony is not lost on me that one of the biggest bitchers, moaners and whiners about your current situation is contributing to the problem (and probably for the life of her, can't see how)...

Last edited:

Yeah, all of the above, but the main reason is because your political in fighting. You guys are so concerned about the win you don't give a shit about trying to fix this mess. Thread after thread on this board is "It's Obama's fault".."It's the right's fault"..The hatred is so deep and so bitter - and you give the loons like Bachmann and whoever her left-wing equivalent is, the time of day - that is going to sink your country.

Hmmm... How about incompatible competing political ideologies, Dick Tracy. ;) Stop the presses. Now that that mystery is solved, what's next? Israel? Iran? Cold Fusion? ;) Why are you picking on Bachmann again? Why couldn't you resist, just this one time. You were so credible up unto that point. :D Fuck. Let's just blame it on Free Speech.

Hey I did say "Bachmann and whoever her left-wing equivalent" ! Insert a name...:lol:

lol, WHAT I am NOT going to look beyound is your friggen whining lecturing DOUBLE STANDARDS and you being a hypocrite to boot.

I could explain in clear, simplistic language why I'm not a hypocrite, but being the non-critical thinker you are, it would go right over your head. Why? Because you can't think beyond sound bites..

....and the beat goes on....

I could explain in clear, simplistic language why I'm not a hypocrite, but being the non-critical thinker you are, it would go right over your head. Why? Because you can't think beyond sound bites..

lol, I knew it wouldn't take long to bring out THE REAL you..
:eusa_whistle:

lol, I knew it wouldn't take long to bring out THE REAL you..
:eusa_whistle:

Er, great come back...

I think....

A whole fucking box of tissue?

What is it with you and tissues. The thing I love most about you contributing to this thread WT, is you reinforce the OP time and time again, which just brings me to the conclusion (and something I've thought all along), you are part of the problem not the solution.

The irony is not lost on me that one of the biggest bitchers, moaners and whiners about your current situation is contributing to the problem (and probably for the life of her, can't see how)...

A whole flatbed truck full o tissues? :lol:

Forum List

Back