America is gone

Exactly wrong.

The Boomers have been pressing for tax cuts, tax cuts, tax cuts even as the entitlement system is strained. Our generation can bear working harder, but we won't bear having to pay off YOUR generation's debts, not while YOUR generation can pay its due but refuses to do so.

Debt is Debt ... Do you think it should be paid or not?

Do you think that is how the world works? That you only have to pay off what your generation has done? It's not. Debt is Debt ... It either is paid for or it's an albatros on future generations .... It's not really a 'your debt' 'my debt' situation ... It's a simple matter of if yourwilling to pay it off or not.

Cutting taxes is the way to get out of a finacial crisis. You don't raise taxes when the economy is in this shape ... Has nothing to do with profits. Has everything to do with spending. More money in my pocket doesn't mean that I save more, it means I buy that new plasma tv I've been looking at .... It's all about putting more money in the working mans pocket.

Will the ultra rich save more? Yes ... It's not about them ... It's about the other 99% of the workers in this country having more money in their pocket that will spur the growth

It's the lefts hatered of the ultra rich that makes you think of tax cuts as bad because those billionaire won't pay as much ... Your in essense saying ... If the really rich get a cut too, then I don't want anyone getting a tax cut ... Makes no sense to me ... Why penalize 99% of the work force because 1% would 'get a break' like the rest of us would?

Tax cuts spur spending ... Plan and simple ... Most Americans are not rich, we spend what we make. How many people do you know that hide their income overseas? Bet it's a pretty small number.

Cutting taxes works. It's proven to work. It proven to increase demand. It proven to put more disposible income in peoples pockets. In what world is that bad?

As for entitlements, if you have been living for four years on unemployment (a program that back in my day was to provide income for no more the 16 weeks) then maybe your exploring that entitlement program

Everybody should have tax increases: repeal the Bush tax cuts, or adopt a similar plan (Simpson-Bowles).

The debt that was created will be an albatross on our generation, yes, even with the tax cuts. Bush ran on the same premise: we can finance a war by cutting taxes because Americans will spend more. We are living with the result. I don't understand how you seriously propose continuing a failed policy, unless of course you are a Baby Boomer willing to pass the buck.

America is gone, or pretty much gone, or almost gone. It will go on as a geographical expression. A land mass. The people will still breathe, eat, shit (as we see in New York), but what made it a great nation is gone. It's traditions and values are gone. It's history is being rewritten as fast as history books can be churned out. It is shrugging off morality and stepping into degeneracy. It is rejecting the truly American concept of self-reliance in favor of collective care. It's not the same country now. America has as much in common with Ameicans of 50 years ago as today's Egyptians have with the Pharoahs.

Progressives have won all the battles and not given up any ground in their 100 year Jihad on the USA.

They won, America's finished

oh boo hoo

Obama's not done yet.

We'll see if you think it's serious when Obama plays his "US$ no longer world's currency" trump card.

I'd break up the country. The time for compromise and be united is long past. Recognize that and restore the nation to what it was, a loose confedration of independent states with a weak federal government limited to specific enumerated powers.

And what is the role of the ‘weak Federal government’? Will there still be a Bill of Rights? A 14th Amendment? A Supreme Court? Should one of these ‘independent states’ violate the rights of its citizens, to whom may the injured party appeal for relief?

Or are you advocating ending the Republic and rule of law?

That's the way the Republic started out! The republic was never intended to have an all powerful central government. Probably though, most of the amendments after the first ten would have to go. They all give the federal government more power than it should have.

America is gone, or pretty much gone, or almost gone. It will go on as a geographical expression. A land mass. The people will still breathe, eat, shit (as we see in New York), but what made it a great nation is gone. It's traditions and values are gone. It's history is being rewritten as fast as history books can be churned out. It is shrugging off morality and stepping into degeneracy. It is rejecting the truly American concept of self-reliance in favor of collective care. It's not the same country now. America has as much in common with Ameicans of 50 years ago as today's Egyptians have with the Pharoahs.

Wrong.

Wrong.

Wrong.

Their are WAY too many adults in this nation to let a few people in NY change anything. Their are far too many Americans in this nation to let things slip too far off center. There are far too many Americans working for the American dream to believe a bunch of whiny brats crying in a protest.

The media like to report that the OWS movement is universal ... It's nothng of the sort. It isn't being talked about around the country. It's not being talked about in the heartland. It's not being talked about on the west coast. It's not being talked about on the east coast (I travel A LOT) ... It's not being talked about in NJ ... It's being talked about in the media ... And by police that have to tend to the children

Ths nation is far from done. Way too many Americans are still alive and kicking

I would like to think so, but the trend is not going that way. The nation is NOT teaching American History but liberal wishful thinking history. The morality and values are slouching toward degeneracy and we are seeing the effects of a generation that believes it is entitled by their need. I would definitely like to think that Americans can pull this fat out of the liberal fire, but it is only a matter of time before our nation is gone. Before it's greatness is simply bred out of the gene pool.

Wrong.

Wrong.

Wrong.

Their are WAY too many adults in this nation to let a few people in NY change anything. Their are far too many Americans in this nation to let things slip too far off center. There are far too many Americans working for the American dream to believe a bunch of whiny brats crying in a protest.

The media like to report that the OWS movement is universal ... It's nothng of the sort. It isn't being talked about around the country. It's not being talked about in the heartland. It's not being talked about on the west coast. It's not being talked about on the east coast (I travel A LOT) ... It's not being talked about in NJ ... It's being talked about in the media ... And by police that have to tend to the children

Ths nation is far from done. Way too many Americans are still alive and kicking

I would like to think so, but the trend is not going that way. The nation is NOT teaching American History but liberal wishful thinking history. The morality and values are slouching toward degeneracy and we are seeing the effects of a generation that believes it is entitled by their need. I would definitely like to think that Americans can pull this fat out of the liberal fire, but it is only a matter of time before our nation is gone. Before it's greatness is simply bred out of the gene pool.

POPYCOCK!!!

I'm inspired every time I see a Mexican selling home made tamales!

Every time I get into a cab driven by a Nigerian!!!
Every time a Pakistani sells me a Slurpee!!!!!!

Oh say can you Seem
By The Dawn's Ear-Ley Light!!!

Things are getting bad, but at the same time, those bad things are waking the population up. The Patriot Act started waking people up, then this current Prez really sounded the alarm. The Americans are waking up, the working people striving for greatness are starting to pay attention. Everyone knows that you can't pay unemployment for years ... That you can't spend more then you take in for long ... That these things just simply cannot be done and people are waking up. In the 2010 they woke up and voted ... Haven't heard from them sense there is not an election, but they ate still there and watching, they are also the American working man, he don't have time to protest wrongs, he is too busy working toward his dream .... Next election is coming and the people will stand up again and vote again and get more people in there to right the ship.

The American working man doesn't want to see his dream vanish and he sees what's happening. It won't continue ... 2010 took back the House (from both parties) ... Voting does work, In November, the American people will claim more of their government from those tgat have hijacked it

This country is a much better place than it was in 1970, and a good part of that are the immigrants who continue to reinvigorate and help America invent itself anew each generation.

The American working man doesn't want to see his dream vanish and he sees what's happening. It won't continue ... 2010 took back the House (from both parties) ... Voting does work, In November, the American people will claim more of their government from those tgat have hijacked it

The American working man is going to go after the GOP and corporate America, not the immigrants, on payback time. The American working folks know the enemy is not the immigrant.

This country is a much better place than it was in 1970, and a good part of that are the immigrants who continue to reinvigorate and help America invent itself anew each generation.

Legal immigration is fine it's those illegals that are the problem.
But as I said for this thread there isn't a right or wrong answer you can reinvent your dream country all you want. But can you afford that dream?

Last edited:
Dream country? It is what it is, bigrebnc. The average working man is waking up to the OWS movement, and the average working man is not backing the big money.

Dream country? It is what it is, bigrebnc. The average working man is waking up to the OWS movement, and the average working man is not backing the big money.

For the purpose of this thread you can reinvent America, your rules and laws and you pay for all the programs. How do you do it jake?. but yet you want to bitch to me about it.

Last edited:
I hope an open discussion is all. OK America is gone, how would you start over?

It goes back to its Christian routes and Conservative values, no Muslim as Potus again.
Stop of Outsourcing to cheap countries, no commodities from China are allow to sell in the US.

Last edited:
Any immigrant that came since 1965 has no right to vote.Only the born in the nation formerly known as the USA get to vote.
One term presidents AND congress critters. No salary. No retirement.Public SERVANTS, not leeches.
Gold standard.No private banks allowed.Turn the post office and it's employees into a real FEDERAL reserve. The P.O. is useless in this era anyway.
Nationalize energy. It should be a not for profit entity.
Cut the military budget by 50% and set up a real health care system.Cap doctors salaries.
Some little hook nosed prick doesn't deserve $350 for spending 15 seconds reading an EKG.
Use the death penalty for all those known to be involved with gangs. Look at the tats and strap them in the chair. Fuckem.

The Constitution could stand some revision.

The government cannot be permitted many things, for example, it shouldn't be permitted to simply ignore the 9th amendment in the bill of rights. But it does.

There is no reason the Supreme Court needs to administrate, just adjudicate. They should not be permitted to selectively hear cases. That gives them the power to ignore issues because they find it politically inconvenient. Like they did with the 2nd amendment for how many years? I'm thinking 70?

The constitution would need to state that this is a limiting document.

It would be really nice if the concept of federal primacy in areas was complimented by the concept of state primacy in others.

Or, we need to dump the double-level government.

The bill of rights needs serious expansion. Utterly, overwhelmingly, devastatingly serious.

Progressives have won all the battles and not given up any ground in their 100 year Jihad on the USA.

They won, America's finished

oh boo hoo

Obama's not done yet.

We'll see if you think it's serious when Obama plays his "US$ no longer world's currency" trump card.

I wont take you seriously saying these blatantly wild-eyed things until you get off your duff, and do something about it......LIKE

speak in public...

write a book..................

run for local office as a starter....

SSSSsssssomething.....ANYTHING!!!!!!!!! --> to prove that it's so dire and you love "America," in the traditional sense, SO MUCH to do something more than whine on your ass on a computer chair about it.

I hope an open discussion is all. OK America is gone, how would you start over?

It goes back to its Christian routes and Conservative values, no Muslim as Potus again.
Stop of Outsourcing to cheap countries, no commodities from China are allow to sell in the US.

I don't know about the other stuff you wrote but that part makes good sense.

Pat Buchanan has more then a clue as to how we got here, no matter what you think of him (thanx MSNBC for giving him a tele platform!) Don't agree with everything he says, but his point concerning out of wedlock births gives more then a clue.
The following was syndicated in alot of Op-Ed sections of yesterdays' Sunday newspapers.

Is America Disintegrating? by Pat Buchanan on Creators.com - A Syndicate Of Talent

Forum List

Back