America is gone

Definitely more cowbell! :thup:

black_cowbell_close.jpg

I'd like to see a world based on family, community and FUN.

As opposed to work, work, work, work, family, work work fun work work work work produce produce produce produce

Our society is driven to this work, work, work, work, family, work, work, fun, work, work, and produce produce produce mentality by one thing.

The scarcity of money.

The federal reserve and debt based money. Our monetary system is a huge game of musical chairs. Losers become poor, bankrupt, homeless, and wage slaves.

While other factors influence this such as greed, trade agreements, and governing decisions the federal reserve and debt based money is in my opinion is the biggest driving force.

I don't disagree.

I feel that we're intelligent enough and have the tecnhology to have robots do most of our labor - we could work much less and have time to, gee I don't know, actually ENJOY beign a free person - and we could also retain the capacity to create incentives to innovate.

I admire human progress in terms of technology..............but in terms of our sociology? PISS-POOR.

40 hour work week is no way to live a life, and it's no way to raise and nurture a family.

As opposed to work, work, work, work, family, work work fun work work work work produce produce produce produce

Really? I didn't there was a wrong or correct answer but I did forget about the clowns that would reply to this thread. No work just play time? It takes work to have a community and fun.

It's amazing how many Americans envy the Greeks their lives of no work and fun. Particularly when they realize where it leads.

Really? I didn't there was a wrong or correct answer but I did forget about the clowns that would reply to this thread. No work just play time? It takes work to have a community and fun.

I said no work? No.

I said no work? No.

It takes work to have those things you mentioned.

I said no work? No.

Yes, which is why I didn't say "no work," I said "less work." Learn how to read. Post #22, came before anything you're babbling @ me and was never edited.

let me remind everybody for the purpose of this thread there is no wrong or correct answer. Just personal opinions of what they would like as a government.

We should eat more chicken.

:clap2: I love chickens, the cows would love you.

I'd like to see, instead of the $250.00 tax rebate check that I received back in 2007, the government send everyone a chicken. Neighbors would be forced to either meet each other, and begin cooperating among themselves to produce eggs, and more chickens, or starve.

Our society is driven to this work, work, work, work, family, work, work, fun, work, work, and produce produce produce mentality by one thing.

The scarcity of money.

The federal reserve and debt based money. Our monetary system is a huge game of musical chairs. Losers become poor, bankrupt, homeless, and wage slaves.

While other factors influence this such as greed, trade agreements, and governing decisions the federal reserve and debt based money is in my opinion is the biggest driving force.

I don't disagree.

I feel that we're intelligent enough and have the tecnhology to have robots do most of our labor - we could work much less and have time to, gee I don't know, actually ENJOY beign a free person - and we could also retain the capacity to create incentives to innovate.

I admire human progress in terms of technology..............but in terms of our sociology? PISS-POOR.

40 hour work week is no way to live a life, and it's no way to raise and nurture a family.

A 40 hour work week is nothing to complain about. And that is not a life as you described earlier. Spending 40 hours a week producing and contributing to society is not to much to ask.

My opinion stems from people working 40-60 hours a week to just barely keep there heads above water. Not from lazy people that dont want to contribute at all.

I said no work? No.

Yes, which is why I didn't say "no work," I said "less work." Learn how to read. Post #22, came before anything you're babbling @ me and was never edited.

No what you wrote was
It sounded like you were trying to leave work out of the equation.

Maybe Family Work then fun

The scarcity of money.

I don't disagree.

You do realize automation has put a lot of people out of work. And corpations would agree with you. more robots working means less people you have to keep on a payroll, no more insurence or sick days off. 24/7 work for the robots and profits for the corpations.

The scarcity of money.

I don't disagree.

A 40 hour work week is nothing to complain about. And that is not a life as you described earlier. Spending 40 hours a week producing and contributing to society is not to much to ask.

My opinion stems from people working 40-60 hours a week to just barely keep there heads above water. Not from lazy people that dont want to contribute at all.

We disagree on that. I think it is indeed a lot to contribute. It's hard to see it that way when it's all we've ever known - but disagreeing with the way things are isn't born out of laziness.

The career driven or else you're lazy mentality never quite made sense to me.

The reason, in my opinion, isn't because I'm tired, or don't want to move, or don't want to "contribute."

It's because I know that there are less and less families making it in this Country because the "nuclear" family went from Dad working, Mom raising the children, to mom and dad working and random nanny raising the children. Nights at home spent half cooking and cleaning up dinner, and the other half spending minimal time with the kids and then tucking them in for the same cycle the next day.

To me, this structure is fundamentally wrong.

Not because I'm anti "hard work," and it would be disengenuous to try to paint me into a corner like that.

But because I think the way it's set up is bad for humanity in general. I also think that we're capable of designing a more efficient system where you've more time to be free and enjoy yourself, and I don't think there's anything WRONG with that. You get 1 go-around at this, as far as I'm concerned, and I'd much rather spend it around my family and kids and seeing the beauty of the planet - in the MAJORITY of my time, rather than being a slave to an alarm clock and having my kids raised by nannies and school-systems the MAJORITY of the time.

I think that the balance is off, and I also think that it doesn't need to be. Laziness has nothing to do with it.

No what you wrote was

post 22 came before your dickheadishness.

The scarcity of money.

I don't disagree.

You do realize automation has put a lot of people out of work. And corpations would agree with you. more robots working means less people you have to keep on a payroll, no more insurence or sick days off. 24/7 work for the robots and profits for the corpations.

Well the whole technology is the answer rhetoric is failed anyway. Why? Cause you need labor to mine the copper, you need labor to mine and process the steel. Mercury and gold for the computers. Oil for the plastics. Energy for the automation (coal) etc.

Anyone that thinks we can just make robots to do all the work for us is pretty far removed from how things are actually produced and made.

No what you wrote was

post 22 came before your dickheadishness.

stop being a a punk needle dick.

I don't disagree.

Well the whole technology is the answer rhetoric is failed anyway. Why? Cause you need labor to mine the copper, you need labor to mine and process the steel. Mercury and gold for the computers. Oil for the plastics. Energy for the automation (coal) etc.

Anyone that thinks we can just make robots to do all the work for us is pretty far removed from how things are actually produced and made.

I didn't say no labor, I said less labor.

Forum List

Back