Amazon "Tweaks" Reviews of Hillary's Book

Spare_change

Gold Member
Jun 27, 2011
Hillary Clinton's newest book, "Stronger Together," has been met with critical reviews and slow sales since its release earlier this month.

But Amazon.com appears to be helping the Democratic presidential nominee by removing negative reviews from its website, WND.com reported.

The book, co-authored by Clinton's running mate, Tim Kaine, sold just 2,912 copies in its first week on sale, according to Nielsen BookScan. And the online ratings have been abysmal, with 81 percent one-star ratings and an average of only 1.7 on Amazon.com after it hit book shelves on Sept 6.

Amazon, however, has tried to fix that.

According to WND.com -- which has been tracking the number of reviews -- Amazon deleted hundreds of comments last week that were critical of the book, which lays out a policy blueprint of how the country would look under a Clinton-Kaine administration.

On Thursday, Amazon -- whose CEO, Jeff Bezos, owns the Washington Post -- said there were 91 positive reviews compared to 166 critical ones, according to WND. Just two days earlier, there were 1,244 reviews -- 81 percent of them with one-star and 16 percent with five-star ratings, the website reported.

As of Monday morning, 85 percent of the customer reviews on Amazon gave it one star, while only 11 percent gave it five stars.

The book dropped from No. 840 on Amazon's best-seller rankings early last week to No. 1,538 on Thursday.

One reader, identified as Robert S Lionel JR, gave the book a one-star rating and wrote, "Every time I write my review it gets deleted, it's so weird. Does anyone know where the servers are hosted that contain reviews?"

Another reader commented: "I expected that Amazon tweaked reviews but have lost all belief in Amazon reviews now. Will switch to Walmart for ordering most the things I used to buy here."

According to Amazon's description, the book "presents [their] agenda in full, relating stories from the American people and outlining the Clinton/Kaine campaign's plans on everything from apprenticeships to the Zika virus."

Many of the poor reviews appeared to hit the candidate rather than the substance of the book. Of the comments that critiqued the book, readers used words such as "boring" and "dishonest" in describing the 250-page text interspersed with bullet-point policy ideas.

Hillary's deleting operatives are everywhere? Everywhere I tell you!

Amazon regularly deletes troll reviews from people who have clearly never read or used the product, and who are clearly trolling.
I don't really care because the book has no effect on making people vote for someone or not but I wonder how many people that left reviews were verified owners of the book....I know a lot of times I leave reviews and it says certified book owner or something to that affect.

Hillary Clinton wrote a book?

This is a joke right? She can barely even read...

Doesn't surprise me in the least. In fact I believe almost every review site is phony. But on the other hand if you buy her book you deserve to get shafted.

I'm no fan of Hilliary, and I'm no fan of Amazon (they do their best to shaft authors, Google it...), but if you didn't read the book, don't fucking write a review. Pretty damn simple.

I'm no fan of Hilliary, and I'm no fan of Amazon (they do their best to shaft authors, Google it...), but if you didn't read the book, don't fucking write a review. Pretty damn simple.

Alot of us have been reading Hillary for 30+ years...........why waste time reading a ghost-written book?

If your looking at book written by a political figure it's a good bet customer reviews will be slanted depending on the persons on political viewpoint no matter if it's Amazon or Barnes and Nobel. I for one have found customer reviews on Amazon helpful in deciding to purchase something or not.

Were the negative reviews that were deleted on Amazon along the lines of, "Hitlereez a c*nt whore bitch!"?

"Shove this book up your faggot asses!"

If Hillary loses, it is all on her. She has more help this election than any other US Prez candidate ever.

Ah! You see, if you go to the WND story, it turns out my guess was correct:

And reviewers many times simply punched the five-star button then made harshly critical condemnations of the book and Hillary Clinton.

From suz702, who posted a five-star ranking: “I didn’t buy this book or read this book, but I have read the reviews, and enjoyed hours of entertaining, fun filled reading, expressing the TRUTH, about a crooked, lying, corrupt, terminally ill Presidential candidate, who stole the nomination from Bernie Sanders, and who is about the steal the Presidency with the use of election fraud. 10 Stars to the authors of these reviews. Proof that not only are Amazon.com shoppers of superior intelligence, but thye call it like they see it…. Amazon shows this as a verified purchase, when I didn’t buy the book … how fun!”

So Amazon delete the "reviews" of retarded hacks.

Another fake scandal non-story. Nothing to see here.

Hillary's deleting operatives are everywhere? Everywhere I tell you!
Nope. She just had to murmur, "Will no one rid me of this troublesome priest?"

And what do you know. Hillary sympathizers didn't need to be told, just like Muslim militant jihadis don't need to be told to "Go into that night club and shoot a bunch of infidels". Negative reviews just started disappearing.

The truth is that WND has never told the full truth about anything at all, ever..... :p

Having noted that, WND claims that Hillary only sold 2900 of this new book and them claimed she had over 1200 people that left negative reviews....

Sorry, that's IMPOSSIBLE....I have an internet business from a hobby of mine and Reviews come in at a rate of around 1 review for every 4-8 or so items that you sell....it comes in spurts, I could have 20 customers in a row, that don't come back to the site and leave feedback, and then boom! the next 5 customers in a row leave them...it's weird... I don't beat them down for a review and neither does the parent company that owns the site that I sell on.

More than likely Amazon has a system similar to here at USMB that can view poster's IP addresses and see if they have more than one user with the same IP address and their program eliminates all of those sock reviews from the same IP Address....IF WND was telling the truth in the first place....?

I will say that I would not be surprised if the book is not that great, because this was something whipped up in just a couple of weeks after Kaine's pick as vp.

Forum List

Back