Amazon Return

Sunshine

Trust the pie.
Dec 17, 2009
Asking for refund from Amazon and instructions on returning the item. It processes the refund then tells me this:

Keep this item.
This item does not need to be returned. If you still wish to return this item, please contact Customer Service.

They say I am a 'valued customer' and can keep it. WTF?

Asking for refund from Amazon and instructions on returning the item. It processes the refund then tells me this:

Keep this item.
This item does not need to be returned. If you still wish to return this item, please contact Customer Service.

I had that once. Got a hearing device for television, didn't like it and was returning and ordering another. They told me to keep the first and they sent the second.

I'm not sure why they wouldn't have re-packaged, but perhaps some things aren't that easy to do?

Keep this item.

I had that once. Got a hearing device for television, didn't like it and was returning and ordering another. They told me to keep the first and they sent the second.

I'm not sure why they wouldn't have re-packaged, but perhaps some things aren't that easy to do?

This was just a book. I ordered the wrong volume.

Sounds like excellent customer service to me.

BTW I buy almost everything from Amazon.

I've had this happen to me. For some items, the costs to process the return and restock the item exceed the item's value. It makes sense just to let the person have it.

Cafe Press did the same thing for me for a couple of sweat shirts once.

Sounds like excellent customer service to me.

BTW I buy almost everything from Amazon.

They used to kid me at work and tell me I should stay off Amazon if I wanted to retire. I do buy a lot from them. It sure beats dealing with a surly store clerk. I have returned very few items and only one that was because of poor quality.

As this disease takes more and more of a toll on me, I plan to order more online than I do now. Groceries online aren't cheap, but I can get things like canned goods, dried stuff, etc. delivered right to my door. There was a little mom and pop grocery store that delivered in my neighborhood when I was a girl. Back then most families only had one care and housewives didn't all drive. Those stores took a hit from the big super stores. Now the super stores are taking a hit from Amazon. People want what they had in those days. Service.

Forum List

Back