Amazing Quotations: favorite quotes

21608630_0.jpg

"In playing ball, and in life, a person occasionally gets the opportunity to do something great. When that time comes, only two things matter: being prepared to seize the moment and having the courage to take your best swing." -Hank Aaron

Too many to list. I love inspiring quotes, as it can encapulate the most profound human concepts in a few short words. Here is one I always enjoyed: "Even the journey of 1000 miles starts with one step" - Lao Tzu, Chinese Proverb

Last edited:
“Those who know do not speak. Those who speak do not know.”
― Lao Tsu,

“If the world were perfect, it wouldn't be. ”​

― Yogi Berra

You will never live if you are looking for the meaning of life.”
― Albert Camus

I love C.S Lewis quotes....

"All that is not eternal is eternally out of date."

"We all want progress, but if you're on the wrong road, progress means doing an about-turn and walking back to the right road; in that case, the man who turns back soonest is the most progressive."

"When the whole World is running towards the edge of a cliff, he who runs in the opposite direction appears to have lost his mind."

"If you look for truth, you may find comfort in the end; if you look for comfort you will not get either comfort or truth, only soft soap and wishful thinking to begin, and in the end, despair."

"Reality, in fact, is usually something you could not have guessed. That is one of the reasons I believe Christianity. It is a religion you could not have guessed. If it offered us just the kind of universe we had always expected, I should feel we were making it up. But, in fact, it is not the sort of thing anyone would have made up. It has just that queer twist about it that real things have. So let us leave behind all these boys' philosophies--these over simple answers. The problem is not simple and the answer is not going to be simple either."

"He died not for men, but for each man. If each man had been the only man made, He would have done no less.”

"Human history is the long terrible story of man trying to find something other than God which will make him happy."

There always has to be a bogeyman....Usually, however, the real bogeyman goes unnoticed because they're really good at riling everyone up with their created bogeymen.

mencken-quote.jpg

Forum List

Back