Altering Quotes

Infraction points are like putting your name on the chalkboard. Once you have 10 infraction points, the system automatically bans you. I usually go in and remove them after 3 days, or whatever I decide is commensurate to the crime.

Do they go on our permanent record? Or is there a reset after each ban?

And when did the banning start with this system? Used to be a Mod or Adm would come to your house and spank you...

The infraction system has always auto-banned after 10 points, as far as I know. It's just used so infrequently, most people don't know that.

For most things, we still use the personal touch.:badgrin:

Ah yes, and once "touched" by a PM from you, one quickly learns to count to ten before dropping anymore teardrops. :eusa_angel:

1 infraction point means you can do it 11 times before you get banned...(which sounds like way too much to me).. Or, you could hit 2 infraction points, and they can be tired of it and ban you... You'll never know... :D

In order for infractions to get that far, does it take a consensus of all the board monitors to totally ban someone? And is there a PM giving the reason why?

I actually like the fact that there's more monitoring of this board, unlike a few of the others. But I do get a gnawing feeling sometimes that I may be booted off just because of something solely political that doesn't sit well with the majority of the mods here.

If someone gets banned, we send them a message as to why they were banned.
You will not get banned for your political beliefs, just called all kinds of names by some of the posters who don't agree with you, but you already know that. ;)

If you feel someone is not being fair, feel free to pm a mod, and they will answer your questions as soon as they can.

If you feel someone is not being fair, feel free to pm a mod, and they will answer your questions as soon as they can.

It's True... Gunny has always Responded to my PMs... Even though I Know he probably didn't want to.

:)

peace...

Hey, at least you're not Bones.. She gets a "no" before she ever gets started.. I think he has a macro in reserve just for her. :badgrin:

I think I just dated myself with the use of the word "macro". :(

It's True... Gunny has always Responded to my PMs... Even though I Know he probably didn't want to.

peace...

Hey, at least you're not Bones.. She gets a "no" before she ever gets started.. I think he has a macro in reserve just for her. :badgrin:

Gunny's Good People...

He's Probably about Done with me and what Followed me Through the Door, but I Like his Forum...

It's about the Best one Online...

peace...

1 infraction point means you can do it 11 times before you get banned...(which sounds like way too much to me).. Or, you could hit 2 infraction points, and they can be tired of it and ban you... You'll never know... :D

In order for infractions to get that far, does it take a consensus of all the board monitors to totally ban someone? And is there a PM giving the reason why?

I actually like the fact that there's more monitoring of this board, unlike a few of the others. But I do get a gnawing feeling sometimes that I may be booted off just because of something solely political that doesn't sit well with the majority of the mods here.

That's your own idiocy speaking. Nobody's ever been banned for anything political.

Simple rule of thumb.. If you think it's something they'll ban you for, don't do it. :cool:

It happens on other boards, so why call it "idiocy"?? I haven't been here that long either to really KNOW some of the moderators the way some of you do. Therefore, I have no idea what goes on in their minds. They're only human, I presume, and we humans love to shoot the messenger, which on message boards means removing your membership in some cases.

That's your own idiocy speaking. Nobody's ever been banned for anything political.

Simple rule of thumb.. If you think it's something they'll ban you for, don't do it. :cool:

It happens on other boards, so why call it "idiocy"?? I haven't been here that long either to really KNOW some of the moderators the way some of you do. Therefore, I have no idea what goes on in their minds. They're only human, I presume, and we humans love to shoot the messenger, which on message boards means removing your membership in some cases.

You're joking, right? Seriously?

A) This isn't "other boards".

B) I've seen some of the crap you spew at Gunny, and you're still here.

It's idiocy in it's purest form. Trust me. You simply posted that to get a reaction. Rather than getting the reaction you were going for, which was "Oh, no.. It's ok, don't be afraid." you got called an idiot.

peace...

Dating yourself or not, I wish I still had the capability of a single Ctrl+letter and having it instantaneously type in my own set of terms and phrases I tend to use frequently.

It's idiocy in it's purest form. Trust me. You simply posted that to get a reaction. Rather than getting the reaction you were going for, which was "Oh, no.. It's ok, don't be afraid." you got called an idiot.

And did you apparently miss what Gunny 'spewed' at me? Guess so. And what makes you an expert on what I'm 'going for' anyway, dearie? Geezus -- Unwind your panties and notch yourself down. You're not all that important either.

And did you apparently miss what Gunny 'spewed' at me? Guess so. And what makes you an expert on what I'm 'going for' anyway, dearie? Geezus -- Unwind your panties and notch yourself down. You're not all that important either.

Right. He spewed back at you.

Instead of banning you.

Yet you sit here and say you're afraid that one day you're going to be banned simply for your political view.

Again, seriously?

or say something funny first, so they go easy on ya
smile_wink.gif

Tried that, didn't work. I fell afoul of a moderator's discretion and got hammered for it pretty hard in my very first post. But hey, if the rules become too onerous for me to follow here, I'll just shank's mare my way elsewhere and that hasn't happened yet so here I am.

Right. He spewed back at you.

Instead of banning you.

Yet you sit here and say you're afraid that one day you're going to be banned simply for your political view.

Again, seriously?

Okay, I won't be. Now I feel all warm and fuzzy again. :happy-1:

or say something funny first, so they go easy on ya
smile_wink.gif

Tried that, didn't work. I fell afoul of a moderator's discretion and got hammered for it pretty hard in my very first post. But hey, if the rules become too onerous for me to follow here, I'll just shank's mare my way elsewhere and that hasn't happened yet so here I am.

Oh, that wasn't a Mod.. That was Gunny. He's the Admin, and doesn't turn HIS humor button on til after 12 noon... At anywhere from 3-6:30am, if you don't require ducktape to reassemble various scattered parts, you're doing pretty good. :eusa_whistle: :eusa_angel:

Oh, that wasn't a Mod.. That was Gunny. He's the Admin, and doesn't turn HIS humor button on til after 12 noon... At anywhere from 3-6:30am, if you don't require ducktape to reassemble various scattered parts, you're doing pretty good. :eusa_whistle: :eusa_angel:

:lol:

The irony is, there are parts of me (left knee) that didn't come as original equipment from the factory. The jolt was like a tonic for them - they work better than ever now. And I've definitely needed 100 mile an hour tape to put myself back together before, so I feel right at home.

People always talk about Gunny being a hardass, but I've only rarely see him get ruffled. Not easily upset, that one.

Well, it's a damned good thing he has YOU to tell me how fast he gets ruffled, because after 6+ years we don't know each other at all.... Better run and tell him I'm talking about him behind his back, too.

:lol:

The irony is, there are parts of me (left knee) that didn't come as original equipment from the factory. The jolt was like a tonic for them - they work better than ever now. And I've definitely needed 100 mile an hour tape to put myself back together before, so I feel right at home.

He's got a pretty good supply of electrical, and ducktape.. But if you ask him for the pretty colored stuff, that might get you frowned at... stingy bastard... :evil:

as i was very recently altering the quotes of somebody i will assume the pm complaints that brought this about were about me, sorry to everybody for messing with somebody that couldnt take it .

Forum List

Back