Altering Quotes

Getting a 'yes' out of Gunny is easy; all you have to do is ask him whether people who pretend to be vets who were never enlisted should have the crap beaten out of them :cool:

oh I'm sorry. I thought this was where you came to whine about others posters. Then again, you have your head so far up the asses of the maude squad I have gotten requests to reactivate my roto router practice.

Dude, you need to back away from the bong slowly. That shit's too potent for you. JB is a man after your own heart. He spends more time trying to taunt us and being reprimanded than anything else.

His head up our asses? :lol: More like he's trying to figure out how to get the explosives in ...

Even if we disguise the name of the poster?...for example
From this point forward, it is a requirement of USMB that each poster must pos rep Ravi at least once a day

Even if. There is no reason to attribute words to people they did not in fact post. While I make light of the whining, there are in fact two sides to this issue. Whining may get old, but there is a validity to complaining about people dishonestly representing what others post. The expectation that everyone reads every post and will "know" is unrealistic.

And as far as the comment you attributed to me above goes, you get SB's favorite answer: No.:cool:

JB is a man after your own heart. He spends more time trying to taunt us and being reprimanded than anything else.
smiley-sign0103.gif

and I take offense at being compared to dev :doubt:

From this point forward, since some want to abuse it, and others want to whine all over my PM box about it, altering quotes from other members will no longer be allowed until further notice.

I'm not entirely sure what the above means

If you do so, you will be warned the first time. Each time thereafter will result in a 1 point infraction.

Like this?

Once again, you can thank the minority for the majority not being able to have nice things, that in context can be fun.

Cause if you mean alternating quotes like this here, then repsonding to people's long posts (which often ramble so much one must alternate quotes to respond coherently) is going to be damned difficult.

Sriously, I do hope you're not talking about the above as being verbotten.

From this point forward, since some want to abuse it, and others want to whine all over my PM box about it, altering quotes from other members will no longer be allowed until further notice.

If you do so, you will be warned the first time. Each time thereafter will result in a 1 point infraction.

Like this?

Once again, you can thank the minority for the majority not being able to have nice things, that in context can be fun.

Cause if you mean alternating quotes like this here, then repsonding to people's long posts (which often ramble so much one must alternate quotes to respond coherently) is going to be damned difficult.

I am not referring to dividing quotes to address them. I am referring to attributing words to other members they did not post.

Like this?

I am not referring to dividing quotes to address them. I am referring to attributing words to other members they did not post.

Ah yes, that multipost feature that doesn't work.

Good, I also am not thrilled when I see that I am being credited with words I did not pen.

Thanks.

And so, what is the Conclusion on that Issue?...

I also have a Question about Sent PM's... I don't have any Stored...

Is that a Malfunction of the System, some Setting I don't have Correct?...

:)

peace...

Got it...

Sorry for the Earlier Question.

peace...

And so, what is the Conclusion on that Issue?...

I also have a Question about Sent PM's... I don't have any Stored...

Is that a Malfunction of the System, some Setting I don't have Correct?...

peace...

No, it's not a malfunction of the system. You want them stored, you turn on the option to store them.

Forum List

Back