Altering Quotes

Gunny

Gold Member
Dec 27, 2004
The Republic of Texas
From this point forward, since some want to abuse it, and others want to whine all over my PM box about it, altering quotes from other members will no longer be allowed until further notice.

If you do so, you will be warned the first time. Each time thereafter will result in a 1 point infraction.

Once again, you can thank the minority for the majority not being able to have nice things, that in context can be fun.

From this point forward, since some want to abuse it, and others want to whine all over my PM box about it, altering quotes from other members will no longer be allowed until further notice.

If you do so, you will be warned the first time. Each time thereafter will result in a 1 point infraction.

Once again, you can thank the minority for the majority not being able to have nice things, that in context can be fun.

And we all know the minority referred to. What a sad day when those morons joined!

Can you go into a little more depth on what isn't acceptable? I'd rather not get reported by a whiny bitch on this board because I did something incorrect. :lol:

Buttholes.

Since you didn't quote his entire post, that means you altered it.
You'll probably get a warning now.

Heheheh...

I only quoted that to which I wished to reply. Saving space and bandwidth, I was thinking of the overall welfare of the board, you see...

1 infraction point means you can do it 11 times before you get banned...(which sounds like way too much to me).. Or, you could hit 2 infraction points, and they can be tired of it and ban you... You'll never know... :D

Odd. I liked the quote alteration gimmick PROVIDED that it was properly NOTED, as was the Board custom, with a simple "fixed that for you."

Oh well.

Gunny, will this include minor editorial changes like quoting

'why is it those lying, moronic, mentally retarded, right-wing, leftist, racist, kkk-loving...(so on and so forth) asses can't find anything better than that ****'

as

'why can't [the Democrats] find anyone better than [sotomayor]', or using similar recognized editorial comments to clarify context (possibly in red text to differentiate?)

or will it only apply instances intended to change to meaning of the referenced material in some dishonest, trollish, or childish manner?

I ask because the first can be a huge asset to intelligent discussion at times and I'd hate to see that tool lost because some tools abuse the ability and refuse to make a simple notation.

Heheheh...

I only quoted that to which I wished to reply. Saving space and bandwidth, I was thinking of the overall welfare of the board, you see...

Liberal

:rofl:

hysterical.gif
Now you're just being mean.

what are infraction points and what do they add up to, etc.

Infraction points are like putting your name on the chalkboard. Once you have 10 infraction points, the system automatically bans you. I usually go in and remove them after 3 days, or whatever I decide is commensurate to the crime.

Forum List

Back