Altering Quotes

Sure, go ahead and pretend you didn't get the dead reference.

I'll just go ahead and take that as a no, you haven't. And I recommend you don't either. :tongue:

actually, i've done that too. :lol:
especially third set fillmore east 2/14/71

hey, wake up

'71? you were like 16/18 years old, no?

16, but my first show was the yale bowl.

i didn't go to the fillmore-too many yankee fans

From this point forward, since some want to abuse it, and others want to whine all over my PM box about it, altering quotes from other members will no longer be allowed until further notice.

If you do so, you will be warned the first time. Each time thereafter will result in a 1 point infraction.

Once again, you can thank the minority for the majority not being able to have nice things, that in context can be fun.

has further notice been here?

From this point forward, since some want to abuse it, and others want to whine all over my PM box about it, altering quotes from other members will no longer be allowed until further notice.

If you do so, you will be warned the first time. Each time thereafter will result in a 1 point infraction.

Once again, you can thank the minority for the majority not being able to have nice things, that in context can be fun.

has further notice been here?

Has this silly rule been retracted?

Cool!

I don't think so.

I like this silly rule.

Why?

Only a whiner would.....

Put it down to rank prejudice.

I see the "Fixord" thing as vandalism. Someone who lacks the whatever it takes to come up with something intelligent (or not) on their own should not be subjected to having their ideas vandalized.

You have a point, make your own point. You disagree, show your disagreement. But sail on your own bottom.

I see the "Fixord" thing as vandalism. Someone who lacks the whatever it takes to come up with something intelligent (or not) on their own should not be subjected to having their ideas vandalized.

You have a point, make your own point. You disagree, show your disagreement. But sail on your own bottom.

Back in the day - before the whiners came on board - it happened on occasion. We all knew why it happened, and who did it. Those who did it, thought they were funny, those who were on the arse-end of it thought the person was a dickhead, and those of us in the middle fell on either side. I see no difference to doing it than cussing at somebody.

Thing is, just brings in another unnecessary rule (and you can tell in the OP that Gunny put it in place reluctantly)...

It usually occurs 1) When somebody has been bested in an argument and they can't think of anything else - and therefore it makes them look stupid, and what is wrong with that?
2) Some people actually change certain words in a post and makes the post funny as hell.

And yes, it happened to me on a few occasions...and I didn't give a shit.....it's a messageboard, not the Senate...

Back in the day - before the whiners came on board - it happened on occasion. We all knew why it happened, and who did it. Those who did it, thought they were funny, those who were on the arse-end of it thought the person was a dickhead, and those of us in the middle fell on either side. I see no difference to doing it than cussing at somebody.

Thing is, just brings in another unnecessary rule (and you can tell in the OP that Gunny put it in place reluctantly)...

It usually occurs 1) When somebody has been bested in an argument and they can't think of anything else - and therefore it makes them look stupid, and what is wrong with that?
2) Some people actually change certain words in a post and makes the post funny as hell.

And yes, it happened to me on a few occasions...and I didn't give a shit.....it's a messageboard, not the Senate...

Yeah, right! It's really funny when it happens and we all get a laugh out of it that day...but then two years from then, some newbie gets a false impression of some honest poster that never came back to the thread to see that the words had been changed by some adolescent, inadequate dickhead.

If you don't have the balls to present an honest argument, then stay the fuck out of the thread.

You can quote me on that.

Yeah, right! It's really funny when it happens and we all get a laugh out of it that day...but then two years from then, some newbie gets a false impression of some honest poster that never came back to the thread to see that the words had been changed by some adolescent, inadequate dickhead.

If you don't have the balls to present an honest argument, then stay the fuck out of the thread.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Why the hell is a newbie looking at threads that are two years old? :eusa_eh:

And even if you change the word of a post, you can always click to see the original post.

:cuckoo:

Why the hell is a newbie looking at threads that are two years old? :eusa_eh:

And even if you change the word of a post, you can always click to see the original post.

:cuckoo:

Your density is showing again. There are many interesting threads that were started years ago. Reading old threads is what Archives is all about.

Not all posters revisit threads after posting once or twice in it. They have no way of knowing that some adolescent shithead changed what they said in a quote. The quoted statement could appear pages ahead of the intentional misquote and could be missed by the casual reader who will then have an opinion of the misquoted poster that is based on a lie created by the adolescent piece of shit that changed the quote.

Get it?

If you don't have enough sense to argue a point with your own words, you need to play video games and stay the fuck away from discussion forums.

[

As I said, by the time it happens, the honest argument has already gone...

...and if you can't tell within 20 or so posts what type of person a poster is, maybe you shouldn't be on messageboards.........

Forum List

Back