CDZ Alright Trump supporters, sell me.

PredFan

Diamond Member
Oct 13, 2011
In Liberal minds, rent free.
Here are my problems with Donald Trump:

1. Yes he knows business and it's a good thing, but I fear he will throw the baby out with the bath water.
2. I believe very strongly that Trump will betray all of you supporters in the end.
3. He is a liberal in his heart, and will advance many destructive liberal policies.

One additional thing, my inclination is the vote against Hillary in the general, but I am at this point, not 100% sure that I will.

1. Yes he knows business and it's a good thing, but I fear he will throw the baby out with the bath water.
2. I believe very strongly that Trump will betray all of you supporters in the end.
3. He is a liberal in his heart, and will advance many destructive liberal policies.

One additional thing, my inclination is the vote against Hillary in the general, but I am at this point, not 100% sure that I will.
1. Throw what out? Trade? Can we make worse deals than we have been? Can he be worse than Hillary? Cruz only knows how to work the legal system, what does he know about business?

2. Betray supporters by being more liberal than Hillary? Certainly more liberal than Cruz but that's true for everyone else too. Cruz can't repeal the IRS or establish a flat tax. That's just stump speech.

3. Like what?

I'll go ahead and chime in here since I'm also not a fan of Hillary but am pretty unconvinced about Trump. My viewpoint is generally:

Pros:

- Has a legitimate point about having better control over the current state of our immigration. Currently our high influx of low-skilled immigrants is exacerbating our growing income inequality.
- Isn't Hillary.

Cons:

- He's big business. One of the major problems with our country is the high degree in which big business influences our politics. Donald, himself, has used his money and power to attempt to influence policy in order to benefit his business...there is absolutely no inclination that, given office, he would do any differently. This is especially scary when we see exactly what Cheney did to America when he was even near the presidential seat.
- He's polarizing. You either love him or you hate him. There is pretty much no in-between. In my mind, our biggest problem as a nation is our growing inability to listen to and cooperate with the other side. Donald exemplifies this horrendous quality...just watch his debates.
- He's giving America a bad image. Outside of Russia (where Putin and his propaganda machine favors Trump) he's largely hated by the international community...you see him negatively covered anywhere from Japan to Europe to (obviously) the Middle East. Our foreign influence is waning and Trump is the last guy we need if we want to keep being a big player in world politics.
- Runs a blatant propaganda machine. In Trump's mind (as well as that of his supporters) if you don't agree with him, then you are obviously lying, agenda driven, or biased. Rarely, if ever, does he actually address legitimate counter points of opposing views, instead he tends to just try and discredit the individual or organization that "bad mouths" him. This is exemplified by reports of media sources that don't cover him favorably being blacklisted from his events.
- Not a politician. I know that this is actually a reason that a lot of people support him, but I see it as a huge negative. In order to get anything done in Washington you are going to need connections, need to know how things work, and need to have some favors to call in. Obama, if anything, was a great example of exactly how a presidency can fail when the person isn't a party insider. His main issue was his inability to get a lot of legislative cooperation in order to get his agenda pushed. Even Obamacare, which was passed with the Democratic Congress, was a huge shit show to get done...and got passed in a way so that pretty much nobody was happy. We need somebody who knows Washington and can get things done. The last thing we need is somebody who is going to completely halt our government operations due to his inability to get traction for his agenda (because at this point, it looks as if both parties will actively work against, rather than for him).

I'd actually love for somebody to convince me of why Trump is favorable for our nation. My only request is that it is fact driven rather than opinion driven (so if you say that he'd be good for the economy, point to reasons why, rather than just say he's good for the economy).

Cruz will competents with China in real moneytalks. I liked it like music talk.
Goden and Buddha like many of us how trust in this two.
:deal:

CDZ - Alright Trump supporters, sell me.
1. At this point, I'm not sure we need the baby
2. Every politician betrays their supporters at some point, because of 2 things 1) No politician is going to support every policy view of every supporter and 2) no matter the promises we all know and understand that NO POTUS is going to single handily manage to get their entire agenda through. Though we sometimes forget that when we get upset that something wasn't accomplishment
3. He hasn't even lied about what he is. If you don't understand that he's running as a Republican out of necessity, that is not his fault. And besides, there is a reason Cruz is hooting and hollering about bathrooms and abortion and getting his ass kicked in primaries around the county. Time for conservatives to wake up, you are going to have to let some of the social issues go , that's the bottom line.

Trump is not a politician. The founders were not politicians at the beginning and look at the model government they forged. They were mainly lawyers, doctors, farmers, business men, teachers and other professions. The founders did not intend that professional politicians run the government so the big mistake they made was not to have term limits for congressmen. That's how it started but once in power they gave greedy characters three goals to attain. 1. To be elected 2. To get rich 3. To stay re-elected until the have to go on life support.
That's one pro.

He is brash and vain but like the businessman he is will surround himself with wise advisers and assistants. He will take advise from the Pentagon and other branches of government. I would hope he would fire all the crooked and greedy SOBs and put qualified people in their place. No cushy jobs for yes men and camp followers.
That's the other pro.

That's my solution. To operate the government the way it was originally intended and quickly got off track.

One thing is sure: He won't screw it up like the pretender in the Oval Office has done the past seven plus years. If he does..........
That's the con.

If Trump is elected he will owe nothing to either party. I doubt he has any coherent program of his own and, even if he did, presidents cannot simply declare laws. What he does have are two things which may make him the president we need right now:

1. His goal is his own popularity with the people. His number one priority will be to bring things before the cameras that he can present as great deals and solutions that he has gotten for them.

2. The guy is a deal maker, no doubt about it, and if his primary performance shows anything, it is that he is great on TV and quick mentally.

We are going to have divided government no matter how the congressional elections play out because both parties are divided internally as well as bitterly divided from each other. In this climate, a skilled deal maker whose own agenda is to get a popular deal is the best sort of president we can hope for. No visionary leader is going to get to first base. That is a sad but true reality. A shrewd salesman is what will bring the most benefit to the people.

I thinks Trump will to win this election but he must to break Clinton in race before he get nominate for world's most powerful human as president in the U.S. Only Militant crazy then buisness man and if he choose Japan and France at least he will bring more buisness to new U.S. allies. Negro Obama have two black nation S.A. and India some allies?

1. Throw what out? Trade? Can we make worse deals than we have been? Can he be worse than Hillary? Cruz only knows how to work the legal system, what does he know about business?

2. Betray supporters by being more liberal than Hillary? Certainly more liberal than Cruz but that's true for everyone else too. Cruz can't repeal the IRS or establish a flat tax. That's just stump speech.

3. Like what?

1. Throw out our economy, our freedom, and the constitution in the name of a full focus on business.
2. Betray his supporters by not doing anything he says he will. And in many cases not even trying.
3. Like most if not all of their social programs for start.

Cruz will competents with China in real moneytalks. I liked it like music talk.
Goden and Buddha like many of us how trust in this two.
:deal:

English please.

To many people in this country are expecting a perfect fit in an off the rack world. He looks good on us and we need to go with that.

I'm sorry, I can't agree with that. The one thing he doesn't look is good. However I don't give a fat rats ass what other countries think so that isn't a concideration either way for me.

2. Every politician betrays their supporters at some point, because of 2 things 1) No politician is going to support every policy view of every supporter and 2) no matter the promises we all know and understand that NO POTUS is going to single handily manage to get their entire agenda through. Though we sometimes forget that when we get upset that something wasn't accomplishment
3. He hasn't even lied about what he is. If you don't understand that he's running as a Republican out of necessity, that is not his fault. And besides, there is a reason Cruz is hooting and hollering about bathrooms and abortion and getting his ass kicked in primaries around the county. Time for conservatives to wake up, you are going to have to let some of the social issues go , that's the bottom line.

That is fair and I appreciate it. However, that definitely doesn't sell me. You make no distinction between him and Hillary, in fact you achieve the opposite.

To many people in this country are expecting a perfect fit in an off the rack world. He looks good on us and we need to go with that.

I'm sorry, I can't agree with that. The one thing he doesn't look is good. However I don't give a fat rats ass what other countries think so that isn't a concideration either way for me.

How about this.

You should support him b/c there is little to no doubt that he will always put our country first. You can disagree with his individual policy choices, and I certainly don't agree with them all, you can even believe he will change his mind on certain of them, but I think he will ALWAYS put this country first.

Hillary Clinton, on the other hand, will always put Hillary Clinton first.

That is fair and I appreciate it. However, that definitely doesn't sell me. You make no distinction between him and Hillary, in fact you achieve the opposite.

Hillary certainly has lied about what she is, she'll be wherever she needs to be to convince the voter standing right in front of her to vote for her .

Yeah we need the baby. In this case the baby is our rights and freedoms, especially economic freedom. I understand that politicians do that, except that is, Ted Cruz, but I have seen no reason to believe that Trump will do any if it. Trumps reason for hi popularity is the promises that he is making. The wall, the immigrants, the trade deals, at least that is what people are telling me.

Forum List

Back