All you libertarians who blame regulation for inequality and economic problems...

Communism

Rookie
Jan 21, 2013
You can blame the alignment of Jupiter for all I care, but the fact of the matter is, the lowest levels of regulation coincided with the highest levels of wealth inequality within this country. Our most regulated era was the time between the Great Depression and now, and it also coincides with the least amount of economic volatility.

There are two factors to consider, when talking about economic stability within a capitalist society: where wealth resides without any regulation, and the results of it. Without any regulation whatsoever (or rather, as minimal as possible while still being capitalist, since you have to have a little regulation just to make sure some guy pays for services rendered), the middle of the economic pyramid disappears. This is because wealth has money-making abilities within itself. If you have $100k in the bank, you have more than double the money making potential than having $50k in the bank. It bring the average money making up, and therefore prices up, where the people below that level lose wealth, and the people above it still gain wealth because of the issue I described above.

The other factor is that, when a society loses its middle section of the economic pyramid, it either collapses or it because a tyranny. Not "he raised my income tax by 3%!" tyranny, but "kill all politicians who don't agree with me" tyranny. It happens literally every time to every society throughout history. And equally importantly, it doesn't matter if that inequality was fair or not. If it was because people were lazy, it doesn't matter. You still have the inevitability of collapse or tyranny.

So you can argue about the "right" amount of regulation all you want, the consistent conclusion of as-close-to-zero-as-possible regulation won't work for a society.

9 views no comments? Perhaps this site is full of Komrades like me, although they are not verbose these supposed Komrades.

You can blame the alignment of Jupiter for all I care, but the fact of the matter is, the lowest levels of regulation coincided with the highest levels of wealth inequality within this country. Our most regulated era was the time between the Great Depression and now, and it also coincides with the least amount of economic volatility.

There are two factors to consider, when talking about economic stability within a capitalist society: where wealth resides without any regulation, and the results of it. Without any regulation whatsoever (or rather, as minimal as possible while still being capitalist, since you have to have a little regulation just to make sure some guy pays for services rendered), the middle of the economic pyramid disappears. This is because wealth has money-making abilities within itself. If you have $100k in the bank, you have more than double the money making potential than having $50k in the bank. It bring the average money making up, and therefore prices up, where the people below that level lose wealth, and the people above it still gain wealth because of the issue I described above.

The other factor is that, when a society loses its middle section of the economic pyramid, it either collapses or it because a tyranny. Not "he raised my income tax by 3%!" tyranny, but "kill all politicians who don't agree with me" tyranny. It happens literally every time to every society throughout history. And equally importantly, it doesn't matter if that inequality was fair or not. If it was because people were lazy, it doesn't matter. You still have the inevitability of collapse or tyranny.

So you can argue about the "right" amount of regulation all you want, the consistent conclusion of as-close-to-zero-as-possible regulation won't work for a society.

Regulation has been soaring for years now, and so has income inequality.

Fail.

Nice one liners. Nobody can tackle this argument. Regulations are a must have.

Regulations that show both cause and the consent of the Governed , yes. It is all in the details, and the difference can be life or death, Heaven or Hell.

If you really want to consider examples of "the highest levels of wealth inequality" in the world you might want to start with the wonderful peoples communist revolution in Russia. Decades after the people's revolution in during the monster Stalin's regime there were accounts of trains full of exotic food and drink headed for the Communist elite dachas passing trainloads of starved corpses headed in the opposite direction.

Didn't I see your name on a troll poll? What does that have to do with anything I said?

The right kind of regulations, which are then properly enforced, are a must have. That's where the argument keeps getting lost. It's not a more vs less argument.

Why make the thread when you obviously have no interest in learning?

We have the most regulations in the history of all the history of the world combined as of today in the US... How are things going? Why do we talk about the top 1%m 2% and 5% so much?

Your OP presumes an all or nothing measure: "There are two factors to consider, when talking about economic stability within a capitalist society: where wealth resides without any regulation, and the results of it. Without any regulation whatsoever (or rather, as minimal as possible while still being capitalist." Your thesis isn't supported by the facts.

F A I L

Yes, regulation is necessary. Without regulation you have anarchy, which is just as bad as communism.

If you think libertarians are against all regulations, then you're pretty uninformed about political ideologies. Then again, you call yourself a communist so I'd say you're pretty uninformed about everything.

libertarians are just wanna be anarchists

I tend to lean libertarian, and in no way shape or form do I approve of anarchy.

So I'd have to disagree with you there.

Well, you're not a full Libertarian. Libertarians are slightly confusing because they rally against large government and regulations and infringements of liberty yet still call for a government to exist and governments cant exist without force and well you see the paradox. It's like they want to be anarchists but don't have faith in the human race to coexist.

Forum List

Back