All you libertarians who blame regulation for inequality and economic problems...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Communism, Jan 21, 2013.

1. Communism

Communism Rookie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1
    You can blame the alignment of Jupiter for all I care, but the fact of the matter is, the lowest levels of regulation coincided with the highest levels of wealth inequality within this country. Our most regulated era was the time between the Great Depression and now, and it also coincides with the least amount of economic volatility.

There are two factors to consider, when talking about economic stability within a capitalist society: where wealth resides without any regulation, and the results of it. Without any regulation whatsoever (or rather, as minimal as possible while still being capitalist, since you have to have a little regulation just to make sure some guy pays for services rendered), the middle of the economic pyramid disappears. This is because wealth has money-making abilities within itself. If you have $100k in the bank, you have more than double the money making potential than having $50k in the bank. It bring the average money making up, and therefore prices up, where the people below that level lose wealth, and the people above it still gain wealth because of the issue I described above.

The other factor is that, when a society loses its middle section of the economic pyramid, it either collapses or it because a tyranny. Not "he raised my income tax by 3%!" tyranny, but "kill all politicians who don't agree with me" tyranny. It happens literally every time to every society throughout history. And equally importantly, it doesn't matter if that inequality was fair or not. If it was because people were lazy, it doesn't matter. You still have the inevitability of collapse or tyranny.

So you can argue about the "right" amount of regulation all you want, the consistent conclusion of as-close-to-zero-as-possible regulation won't work for a society.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. Communism

Communism Rookie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1
    9 views no comments? Perhaps this site is full of Komrades like me, although they are not verbose these supposed Komrades.

3. LibertyLemming

LibertyLemming VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +167
    Tag for when I'm home

4. TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,012
    :lmao:

5. SniperFire

SniperFire Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,223
    Regulation has been soaring for years now, and so has income inequality.

Fail.

6. Mad Scientist

Mad Scientist Deplorable Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,678
    I've never blamed "regulation" for all that.

7. Communism

Communism Rookie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Nice one liners. Nobody can tackle this argument. Regulations are a must have.

8. Intense

Intense Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,863
    Regulations that show both cause and the consent of the Governed , yes. It is all in the details, and the difference can be life or death, Heaven or Hell.

9. whitehall

whitehall Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,724
    If you really want to consider examples of "the highest levels of wealth inequality" in the world you might want to start with the wonderful peoples communist revolution in Russia. Decades after the people's revolution in during the monster Stalin's regime there were accounts of trains full of exotic food and drink headed for the Communist elite dachas passing trainloads of starved corpses headed in the opposite direction.

10. SniperFire

SniperFire Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,223
    Nobody buys your premise, either.

For example, does 'income inequality' mean revolution in a rich nation?

Our poor suffer from obesity - not starvation.