All these Muslims must be in big trouble

i was looking for Islamic bridal gowns to see just what would be worns for an Islamic wedding, but the results were so varried it would be hard to say "this gown is an Islamic gown" over just about any other

Islamic Wedding Dress

Stylish Muslimah: March 2009

Very pretty, but........the hijab makes me feel like there must be a sandstorm coming.:doubt:

I think hijab is pretty; then I'm used to seeing women in scarfs and headcovers.

Islamophobia. Ignorance Or Propaganda?

Tim Marshall August 04, 2009 8:26 AM

7062cf23-b86c-4197-a0b7-2f6a58887399.Full.jpg

So, I've gatecrashed a Hamas wedding party in Gaza, as you do.

The party is for 450 grooms, the brides are elsewhere, some among the 5,000 or so guests. It's the way things are done here, Personally I'm for the mixing of the sexes, but I'm not about to argue, I'm outnumbered.

Up on the stage there's music and dancing. Everyone's having a good time, even me, although the Hamas robocops are making me a little nervous. Sure Hamas have cold blooded killers among them, sure they support the murder of children in Israel,sure they are cracking down on women's rights, but many of their supporters are just ordinary people. And they need a break.
The men and women are sitting, Most ignore the speeches, some even ignore the prayers. Then the fireworks explode, the cheering begins, and in march the Hamas scouts, bashing drums, looking every inch the future Hamas fighters many will be. Then the grooms, aged about 18 to about 28. They are holding hands with their young nieces and cousins, little girls aged from about 3 to 8, made up to the nines, wearing white wedding dresses.

Up they all go to the stage, the cheering and music grows ever louder. The girls were having the time of their lives, but, getting a little bored after a while, came down off the stage to dance with each other and play games.

Our report on this put it into context saying that it took place just a mile from the Israeli border and was a message from Hamas about its strength confidence and future fighters. Oh and that the brides were elsewhere. Pretty straightforward.

It never struck me for a moment that the little girls might later be described in the bloggersphere as the brides! How naive I am.

Dozens, and I mean dozens, of websites took the video of the event and wrote lurid stories about Hamas mass paedophilia with headlines about '450 child brides', and endless copy about how disgusting this was, how it showed how depraved Islam is, et al, ad infinitum. Site after site jumped on the story, linking from one totally wrong load of rubbish to the next . I'll give credit to Tundra Tabloids who at least took down the video, but most sites just ploughed on regardless.

I spent a few hours visiting websites and leaving comments where I could. To little avail. Instead I received a steady stream of vitriol. The best response was on a site run by a Debbie Schlussel . The guy who posted it said he wasn't interested in the detail. The detail being the fact that the girls weren't the brides.

It showed how much some people want to believe nonsense like this, as it re-inforces their prejudices, always a comfortably fun thing to do. But Hamas, and the jihadists do enough terrible things without having to make things up about them. Most of the stuff I read was outright, unthinking, gleeful, Islamophobia from people who clearly knew nothing about Arab popular culture. It's as is they really beleive that because there are examples of child brides, it means all weddings are with child brides.

Some sites went so far as to complain that the mainstream media were complicit in paedophilia because they had reported the mass wedding but failed to mention that little girls were about to be raped that night. And so it went on, and on.

Perhaps I was making up the fact that the brides were elsewhere. It's possible. But who would you believe, the reporter who went to the event, or a desperately poor version of citizen journalist, sitting at home, making things up, not checking anything, and either unknowingly or deliberately, writing hysterical anti Islamic nonsense.

This is such an obvious lie. And people fell for it. People will do anything to make Islam look bad and people who hate it will believe anything bad they hear about it even after the story is proven to be a big fat lie.

I think this thread proves how much the west is ignorant towards Arab culture. first of all underage marriage is not as common as the media portrays it to be. yes in some rural areas in the mid east it's common. but for the most part it's not. most Arab women will marry in their late teens or early to mid 20's.

second of all someone said the girls were sexuality because they were wearing make up. i think you need to look in this country and see the amount of child pageants going on. pot meet kettle. i don't agree with make up on little girls. but don't try and act like holier than thou when people in this country put make up on their girls all the time.

thirdly you didn't see the brides because in Arab culture the wedding ceremony is separate for men and women. so men will be in one place and women will be in another place. this is usually done so that the women can take off their hijab and dress up. So it's not unusually that the brides were not shown.

Emma, why are you showing a wedding of a different date?

All this is fascinating to me and I think it's awesome that people are investigating it so much.

But there is some twisting going on at USMessageboard.

WND did not report that they were not child brides, they quoted someone denying it. Farah is playing it safe because 1. He's a professional 2. He's not about to jump on to anything without knowing the facts.

I agree. I said real early on I don't know. But I think the video LK offered up as the real wedding is completely bogis, you can tell by the lighting, it was overcast at the real one and LKs show direct sunlight and a whole different background.

The first two links that Emma posted aren't working for me, I don't know if the site is down or it's because I'm at my office which filters a lot.

Her third one is interesting, did you see the one from Al-Jazeera??? It spotlights a man that lost his leg and doesn't show him with any "bride" except a very young girl about the age of those in the picture in the OP. And at the end, it zooms in on her face pretty much giving the impression that she is the bride. See for yourself.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RYmtaXQHEtw"]YouTube - Hamas organises mass wedding in Gaza - 2 Aug 09[/ame]

The only "adult brides" I've seen were in LK's video, and that's not the same event. That one was in "shambles" this one has the limo.

And I agree with Chanel, they really sexualized those little girls.

But bottom line, I don't know. I got the email from a friend that seems to think the PhD is legitimate.

I was leaning toward it NOT being real until I saw the end of the al-Jazeera video.

you actually got something right. the video i posted does not look like it is the mass wedding of 450. so that was sloppy reporting on my part. sorry for that.

Our report on this put it into context saying that it took place just a mile from the Israeli border and was a message from Hamas about its strength confidence and future fighters. Oh and that the brides were elsewhere. Pretty straightforward.

It never struck me for a moment that the little girls might later be described in the bloggersphere as the brides! How naive I am.

<snip>

Perhaps I was making up the fact that the brides were elsewhere. It's possible. But who would you believe, the reporter who went to the event, or a desperately poor version of citizen journalist, sitting at home, making things up, not checking anything, and either unknowingly or deliberately, writing hysterical anti Islamic nonsense.
This thread has officially been killed.

Last edited:

<snip>

Just goes to show you what hysteria and lies do to people that are full of hate!

<snip>

Yes but:

1) Some are still going on about how the Ebil Moooslims marry pre-teens anyways

2) Wait for this to pop up again in a few weeks or months when everyone has forgotten that it was a blatant lie

It would not be unIslamic to marry a child
Tabari VII:7 “ The Prophet married Aisha in Mecca three years before the Hijrah, after the death of Khadija. At the time she was six.” Ishaq:281 “ When the Apostle came to Medina he was fifty-three .” Tabari VII:6 “ In May, 623 A.D./A.H. 1, Allah’s Messenger consummated his marriage to Aisha.”

Tabari IX:128 “ When the Prophet married Aisha, she was very young and not yet ready for consummation.” : Tabari IX:131 “ My mother came to me while I was being swung on a swing between two branches and got me down. My nurse took over and wiped my face with some water and started leading me. When I was at the door she stopped so I could catch my breath. I was brought in while Muhammad was sitting on a bed in our house. My mother made me sit on his lap. The other men and women got up and left. The Prophet consummated his marriage with me in my house when I was nine years old.”

(edited) or not.

Doesn't look like this story panned out, so they didn't follow Muhammad's lead of marrying 9 year old girls after all.

[t previously said, "if marrying childbrides is against Islam.

It's so odd, though, they don't look scared."]

Thanks to a good messageboard vetting, it does look like these are not the brides.

Even though the Al-Jazeera video about it sure spotlights a young girl dressed up as the bride and never shows anyone else.

Mass Muslim Marriage
450 Grooms Wed GIRLS Under Ten In Gaza

by Paul L. Williams, Ph.D.

Hamas sponsored a mass wedding for four hundred and fifty couples. Most of the grooms were in their mid to late twenties; most of brides were under ten.

Muslim dignitaries including Mahmud Zahar, a leader of Hamas, were on hand to congratulate the couples who took part in the carefully staged celebration.

“We are saying to the world and to America that you cannot deny us joy and happiness,” Zahar told the grooms, all of whom were dressed in identical black suits and hailed from the nearby Jabalia refugee camp.

Each groom received a gift of 500 dollars from Hamas.

The pre-pubescent girls, dressed in white gowns and adorned with garish make-up, received bridal bouquets.

“We are presenting this wedding as a gift to our people who stood firm in the face of the siege and the war,” local Hamas strongman Ibrahim Salaf said in a speech.

aaa.jpg

Nice hedging.

Underage marriage is a very, VERY big problem for Islam. Whether or not Jen's link is an example of it, it definitely is real.

And underage pregnancy and children being abandoned by male parents, and not being either supported or cared for is a HUGE problem in CHRISTIAN USA. Can we assume that MOST "Christian" (The US is a CHRISTIAN country) US males are people who abandon their children?

What are you REALLY doing about THIS "HOMELAND" issue?

I love it, whenever a progressive sees bad things in our country, all of a sudden we're a 'Christian' nation. Underage pregnancy and children being abandoned have nothing to do with religion, it has everything to do with the fact that as a society we have no morals. We have no morals because the progressive movement in this country is completely anti-Christian and has done everything in their power over the last 50 years to completely trample religion in this country until we have the society that we have today. For you to imply that the Christian religion is the cause of unwed pregnant mothers and fathers that haven't any sense of responsibility is completely ridiculous.

Yet on the other hand, you'll sit there and defend until hell freezes over a society that doesn't give women any rights and still to this day in some places treats them as property, all in the name of bashing Christianity. Taking up Islam's side is not going against Christianity, which is obviously how you must see it. What is really funny is the hypocrisy shown in this thread showing pics of fundamentalist whacko 'christians' kissing young girls as an attempt to imply that christians have no right to talk or judge. Marrying, sexually touching, have sex with underage children is against the law in this 'Christian' nation, the men in those pictures were arrested. You have no point. The teachings of christianity do not condone sex with children or marriage with children, nor do mainstream, modern christian societies. It's really amusing how you show the pictures of whacko christians and wag your fingers in judgment condemning all christians, but in the next sentence you'll condone it as part of a 'rich heritage and culture' whenever it's a muslim or say that it's not representative of mainstream islam. Funny how you can play both sides like that and think you're getting away with something.

Underage marriage is a very, VERY big problem for Islam. Whether or not Jen's link is an example of it, it definitely is real.

And underage pregnancy and children being abandoned by male parents, and not being either supported or cared for is a HUGE problem in CHRISTIAN USA. Can we assume that MOST "Christian" (The US is a CHRISTIAN country) US males are people who abandon their children?

I love it, whenever a progressive sees bad things in our country, all of a sudden we're a 'Christian' nation. Underage pregnancy and children being abandoned have nothing to do with religion, it has everything to do with the fact that as a society we have no morals. We have no morals because the progressive movement in this country is completely anti-Christian and has done everything in their power over the last 50 years to completely trample religion in this country until we have the society that we have today. For you to imply that the Christian religion is the cause of unwed pregnant mothers and fathers that haven't any sense of responsibility is completely ridiculous.

Yet on the other hand, you'll sit there and defend until hell freezes over a society that doesn't give women any rights and still to this day in some places treats them as property, all in the name of bashing Christianity. Taking up Islam's side is not going against Christianity, which is obviously how you must see it. What is really funny is the hypocrisy shown in this thread showing pics of fundamentalist whacko 'christians' kissing young girls as an attempt to imply that christians have no right to talk or judge. Marrying, sexually touching, have sex with underage children is against the law in this 'Christian' nation, the men in those pictures were arrested. You have no point. The teachings of christianity do not condone sex with children or marriage with children, nor do mainstream, modern christian societies. It's really amusing how you show the pictures of whacko christians and wag your fingers in judgment condemning all christians, but in the next sentence you'll condone it as part of a 'rich heritage and culture' whenever it's a muslim or say that it's not representative of mainstream islam. Funny how you can play both sides like that and think you're getting away with something.

Wow! We often see people make fools of themselves by not reading thru a whole thread before commenting, but you really take the cake. :clap2:

Wow! We often see people make fools of themselves by not reading thru a whole thread before commenting, but you really take the cake. :clap2:
No, I think he gets you and your progressives quite clearly and he put it succinctly ,which tripped your automatic ridicule response .

I read the whole thread, the fool here is you.

I read the whole thread, the fool here is you.

Don't take Bodey seriously.

Nobody does.

Nobody should.

So, you are saying we are NOT a Christian nation?

Yet on the other hand, you'll sit there and defend until hell freezes over a society that doesn't give women any rights and still to this day in some places treats them as property, all in the name of bashing Christianity.

Um, who defended that society? Seems to me we were objecting to a flat out lie? Are you inferring that you don't have a problem with lies?

Taking up Islam's side is not going against Christianity, which is obviously how you must see it.

Dude, get over yourself. LOL No one is taking Islam's side. People are pointing out a blatant lie...why would you object to that? Hmm?

What is really funny is the hypocrisy shown in this thread showing pics of fundamentalist whacko 'christians' kissing young girls as an attempt to imply that christians have no right to talk or judge.

No, they were showing that that kind of thing is not limited to one religion which means it shouldn't be TACKED ON TO just one religion.

Marrying, sexually touching, have sex with underage children is against the law in this 'Christian' nation, the men in those pictures were arrested.

Good.

You have no point.

You mean the point that the OP was a LIE? Really?

The teachings of christianity do not condone sex with children or marriage with children, nor do mainstream, modern christian societies.

I think you will find that mainstream, modern societies of all religions do not condone it. So, perhaps it is not a construct of what religion you are, but a construct of whether you live in a modern society or not. You think?

It's really amusing how you show the pictures of whacko christians and wag your fingers in judgment condemning all christians,

It's really funny for you to say that anyone here was wagging their fingers or condemning all Christians....because that wasn't happening at all.

but in the next sentence you'll condone it as part of a 'rich heritage and culture' whenever it's a muslim or say that it's not representative of mainstream islam.

Now you're just making shit up like the OP link was doing. You're fitting right in.

Funny how you can play both sides like that and think you're getting away with something.

Indeed. Irony smiles upon you for that last comment

Forum List

Back