All the pomp and ceremony of the Royal Wedding.

The announcers keep saying all little girls and not so little girls wish their own wedding could be like a fairy tale like this. Um. No. I never wished to be a princess, acted like I was a princess or drooled over the possibility to be a princess. Lovely, yes. Stiff, pompous, too formal, yes. Not my style.
I wish them well, but no way would I want that mess to deal with.

They also said Camilla has many of the jewels, but the tiara was loaned by the queen. As wife of Charles, I'm sure Camilla is entitled, but I think she should not claim any of them myself. She is sloppy seconds and caused Diana much heart pain. I think it shameful even though Harry and William seem to have forgiven her. Me? Never in a million years.

What's with the hat fetish. Did you see that horrid concoction on top of that one gal's head? Some scrollish looking astrocity. The other hats I saw were pretty cool though.

The announcers keep saying all little girls and not so little girls wish their own wedding could be like a fairy tale like this. Um. No. I never wished to be a princess, acted like I was a princess or drooled over the possibility to be a princess. Lovely, yes. Stiff, pompous, too formal, yes. Not my style.
I wish them well, but no way would I want that mess to deal with.

They also said Camilla has many of the jewels, but the tiara was loaned by the queen. As wife of Charles, I'm sure Camilla is entitled, but I think she should not claim any of them myself. She is sloppy seconds and caused Diana much heart pain. I think it shameful even though Harry and William seem to have forgiven her. Me? Never in a million years.

I agree, never went for the princess thing. I truly detest the whole bridzilla thing! My wedding was both very formal and informal all at the same time.

Considering how formal and stiff royal occasions can be, this was very relaxed.

What's with the hat fetish. Did you see that horrid concoction on top of that one gal's head? Some scrollish looking astrocity. The other hats I saw were pretty cool though.

At some events hats are required. Its a British thing.

Hell, I'd jump over a broom and be happy. Now they all eagerly await the kiss. Like...um..ok.
I guess I will never get the British. But, the crowd seems to be having fun and lots of smiles so I'm happy they are happy :)

Except that gal in the pink scroll hat horror. It needs to be burned. Quick. What was she thinking???

Speaking of hats, the band looks like they're wearing a huge black Q-tip. I can't even see the eyes of one of the guys.

Looks like the soldiers in the Wicked Witch of the West's castle in The Wizard of Oz.

They're called Fascinators. Some of them were hideous but I like the feathery ones.

They're called Fascinators. Some of them were hideous but I like the feathery ones.

My personal favs (not that I'm much of a hat person) were the ones cocked to the side. Very...Audrey Hepburn-ish. Classy. But some were HUGE, so those not so much.

If I have to wear a hat, I like berets.

My personal favs (not that I'm much of a hat person) were the ones cocked to the side. Very...Audrey Hepburn-ish. Classy. But some were HUGE, so those not so much.

Yes I like those too. I wear casual hats all summer and I love wearing better hats to daytime events. I love them, the trick to wearing them well is to always look very comfortable in them. Become one with the hat. :lol:

I only wear a green one.

Green is good, but mine is black. And yes, I cock it at an angle. But it's rare I wear it any more.

Forum List

Back