All the pomp and ceremony of the Royal Wedding.

Granny glad she watched it...

... says she got some ideas from it...

... fer Uncle Ferd's wedding...

... if he ever marries one o' dem fat girls he runs `round with.
:tongue:

Now eagerly they await "the kiss".
Back in the old days, a bloody sheet was hung from the windows to show the brides virginity.

Every time I see William smile, I think of Diana. He looks like her.

Diana is waiting in the bushes with a telescopic rifle. :evil:

Maybe to plug Charles but I seriously doubt she would have issues with this union.

carrie-white3.jpg

CarrieEyes.jpg

18574-bigthumbnail.jpg

:evil:

With all the pomp and ceremony and whatnot it's easy to forget the recent track record of the Royal House of Windsor marriages. Let's see...Chuck and Diane, divorced. Brother Prince Albert and Fergie, divorced. Chuck's sister Princess Anne and Mark Phillips, divorced. Only brother Prince Edward has managed to stay out of the Royal Court of Divorce, so the odds are clearly not with Willie and Katie.

If it was me, and I had a voice - which Will probably didn't - I think I'd at least have gone for a change of venue for the vows. With his family history they'd be no worse off getting hitched in Vegas at a drive thru Chapel by an Elvis impersonator IMO.

Oh, well, I wish them luck.

Last edited:
With all the pomp and ceremony and whatnot it's easy to forget the recent track record of the Royal House of Windsor marriages. Let's see...Chuck and Diane, divorced. Brother Prince Albert and Fergie, divorced. Chuck's sister Princess Anne and Mark Phillips, divorced. Only brother Prince Edward has managed to stay out of the Royal Court of Divorce, so the odds are clearly not with Willie and Katie.

If it was me, and I had a voice - which Will probably didn't - I think I'd at least have gone for a change of venue for the vows. With his family history they'd be no worse of getting hitched in Vegas at a drive thru Chapel by an Elvis impersonator IMO.

Sure sounds like it.

If it was me, and I had a voice - which Will probably didn't - I think I'd at least have gone for a change of venue for the vows. With his family history they'd be no worse off getting hitched in Vegas at a drive thru Chapel by an Elvis impersonator IMO.

This ceremony generated millions for the city of London and good will for the royals. They love them for awhile now and Kate will be a wonderful addition.

There is no Prince Albert. You're thinking of Andrew. Met him last year. He seems nice enough.

And, Charles and Diana married in St Pauls, not Westminster Abby. So it was a 'change of venue'.

Happy time for England. And for William and Kate. The rest is up to them.

I loved every minute of several hours before and during this historical ceremony. I loved Kate and William and felt the stunning blossoming of two people entering into a new way of life with love and devotion. The musical selections were stunning and inspirational and all the colorful costumes, boys choir, grand horses and carriages were something out of a fairy tale. The Brits loved this day and supported it in ways they seemed not to mind. Is there class warfare in London? One wouldn't think so by the crowds excitement.

A great way to spend a day off, instead of gloom and doom all around me, on the news. It was a "royal" escape and I have great hopes for the royal couple's future. Pomp and ceremony do not turn me off. I am not envious and have no reason to feel less than any other. I am rich in my very own way and it doesn't include being in the public eye, ever again. :) All one has to have is...gratitude.

This song was played at the end of the BBC America televised wedding and how appropriate. It was a 3 tissue moment for me...lol

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jY4TOlYYaRs&feature=related]YouTube - She[/ame]

Yea...

... after the ceremony in dat carriage dey was ridin' in...

... when dey was goin' to the breakfast afterwards...

... William got kinda a funny look on his face...

... Uncle Ferd says Kate musta let a lil' poot.
:lol:

I like the green color shoes on the gal in the blue dress. Go figure. Green. No surprise, eh?

Her dress is awesome. Very classy gal for a "commoner" :tongue:
I like our weddings better. Bit more lively.
I'm betting William and Kate wished they had a vegas to run to instead. lol

I think they may go somewhere a bit more classy.

This is how Catholic weddings are. My brother got married this way, minus the golden carriage. They got you there. It may be the only chance they have to get you to hear about God all year, so they aren't about to pass it up.

They didn't have a Catholic wedding. Catholics cannot marry into the British Royal Family. Theirs was a traditional Church of England marriage.

Forum List

Back