All the House GOP and the President - what an unfair advantage!!!

he doesn't function well without his teleprompter,, did you notice the continous stammering and stuttering??

Apparently not. Nor did they note the obfuscation, deflection, or evasion.

You know, they say that infatuation can be measured by MRI. They show a given subject random pictures of people and then throw in one of the object of their affection. At that point, a blobby coloration shows on the scan. Wouldn't it be interesting to get the MRI reaction of an Obot listening to an Obama speech? I bet that would be of enough scientific merit to warrant publication. :eusa_angel:

he doesn't function well without his teleprompter,, did you notice the continous stammering and stuttering??

Apparently not. Nor did they note the obfuscation, deflection, or evasion.

You know, they say that infatuation can be measured by MRI. They show a given subject random pictures of people and then throw in one of the object of their affection. At that point, a blobby coloration shows on the scan. Wouldn't it be interesting to get the MRI reaction of an Obot listening to an Obama speech? I bet that would be of enough scientific merit to warrant publication. :eusa_angel:

WHOA there Murf!!! You know better than to use big words like that!!!

How in the world to you expect them to know the meaning of the word "blobby"?
:lol::lol::lol:

Btw, what makes either of you guys so sure the rest of the country is gonna see this the way you apparently see it?

Sad but true. Obama and the rest of the Democratic party often bank on his rock star personality to obstruct the majority of his followers from following up on the things he says. Truth don't matter to a large percent of the country. Many will just view this as a "smackdown" and say "that's that! He set 'em right!" Not caring about his admissions or omissions or lies.

obama was reminded twice today about his promise to sit down and go over the health care bill "line by line" five Republicans wrote him and took him up on that offer and he ignored them.. how did that Republican put it "you like pelosi and reid have spent an entire year ignoring us" old obama's jaw got tight on that one, he was pissed..

I just read the transcript. Dude is smooth. I have to give him that. Here is the most interesting exchange, for me.

PRICE: Mr. President, multiple times from your administration there have come statements that Republicans have no ideas and no solutions, in spite of that fact that we've offered, as demonstrated today, positive solutions to all of the challenges we face, including energy and the economy and health care.

Specifically, in the area of health care, this bill, H.R. 3400, that has more cosponsors than any health care bill in the House. It is a bill that would provide health coverage for all Americans, would correct the significant insurance challenges of portability and preexisting, would solve the lawsuit abuse issue, which isn't addressed significantly in the other proposals that went through the House and the Senate, would write into law that medical decisions are made between patients and families and doctors, and does all of that without raising taxes by a penny.

But my specific question is, what should we tell our constituents who know that Republicans have offered positive solutions to the challenges that Americans face and yet continue to hear out of the administration that we've offered nothing?

OBAMA: Tell them I -- look, I have to say, that on the -- let's just take the health care debate. And it's probably not constructive for us to try to debate a particular bill. This isn't the venue to do it.

But if you say that we can offer coverage for all Americans and it won't cost a penny, that's just not true. You can't structure a bill where suddenly 30 million people have coverage and it costs nothing.
If...
(CROSSTALK)

PRICE: ... and I understand that we're not interested in debating this bill.

OBAMA: Sir...

PRICE: But what should we tell our constituents, who know that we've offered these solutions, and yet hear from the administration that -- that we have offered nothing?

OBAMA: Let me -- I'm using this as a specific example, so let me answer your question. You asked a question, I want to answer it.

It's not enough, if you say, for example, that we've offered a health care plan and I look up -- this is just under the section that you've just provided me -- or the book that you've just provided me, "Summary of GOP Health Care Reform Bill."
"The GOP plan will lower health care premiums for American families and small businesses, addressing America's number one priority for health reform."

I mean, that's an idea that we all embrace. But specifically it's got to work. I mean, there's got to be a mechanism in these plans that I can go to an independent health care expert and say, "Is this something that will actually work or is it boilerplate?"
You know, if I'm told, for example, that the solution to dealing with health care costs is tort reform, something that I've said I am willing to work with you on, but the CBO or other experts say to me, you know, "At best, this could reduce health care costs relative to where they're growing by a couple of percentage points or save $5 billion a year, that's what we can score it at, and it will not bend the cost curve long term or reduce premiums significantly," then you can't make the claim that that's the only thing that we have to do.

If we're going to do multi-state insurance so that people can go across state lines, I've got to be able to go to an independent health care expert, Republican or Democrat, who can tell me that this won't result in cherry-picking of the healthiest going to some and the least healthy being worse off.

So I am absolutely committed to working with you on these issues. But it can't just be political assertions that aren't substantiated when it comes to the actual details of policy, because otherwise we're going to be selling the American people a bill of goods.

I mean, the easiest thing for me to do on the health care debate would have been to tell people that, "What you're going to get is guaranteed health insurance, lower your costs, all the insurance reforms, we're going to lower the cost of Medicare and Medicaid, and it won't cost anybody anything." That's great politics. It's just not true.

So there's got to be some test of realism in any of these proposals, mine included. I've got to hold myself accountable, and I guarantee the American people will hold themselves -- will hold me accountable if what I'm selling doesn't actually deliver.

PENCE: Mr. President, a point of clarification. What's in the "Better Solutions" book are all the legislative proposals that were offered...

OBAMA: Oh, I understand. I've actually read your bills.

PENCE: ... throughout 2009.

OBAMA: I understand.

PENCE: And so rest assured the summary document that you received is backed up by precisely the kind of detailed legislation that Speaker Pelosi and your administration have been busy ignoring for 12 months.

OBAMA: Well, Mike, hold on, hold on a second.
(APPLAUSE)
No, no, no, no, no. Hold on a second guys.
(APPLAUSE)
You know, Mike, I've read your legislation. I mean, I take a look at this stuff. And the good ideas we take. ut here -- here's the thing, here's the thing, I guess, that all of us have to be mindful of. It can't be all-or-nothing one way or the other, all right?

You -- you -- and what I mean by that is this. If we put together a stimulus package in which a third of it are tax cuts that normally you guys would support, and support for states and the unemployed and helping people stay on COBRA that your governors certainly would support, Democrat or Republican. And then you've got some infrastructure, and maybe there's some things in there that you don't like in terms of infrastructure, or you think the bill should have been $500 billion instead of $700 billion, or there's this provision or that provision that you don't like. If there's uniform opposition because the Republican caucus doesn't get 100 percent or 80 percent of what you want, then it's going to be hard to get a deal done. That's because that's not how democracy works.

So my hope would be that we can look at some of these components parts of what we're doing, and maybe we break some of them up on different policy issues. So if the good congressman from Utah has a particular issue on lobbying reform that he wants to work with us on, we may not be able to agree on a comprehensive package on everything, but there may be some component parts that we can work on. You may not support our overall jobs package, but if you look at the tax credit that we're proposing for small businesses right now, it is consistent with a lot of what you guys have said in the past. And just the fact that it's my administration that's proposing it shouldn't prevent you from supporting it.
That's my point.

PENCE: Thank you, Mr. President.

Read more: http://swampland.blogs.time.com/2010/01/29/re-great-political-television/#ixzz0e3jYiSMZ

Last edited:
The entire GOP brain trust and Obama kicked their ass.....

I just read the transcript. Dude is smooth. I have to give him that. Here is the most interesting exchange, for me.

PRICE: Mr. President, multiple times from your administration there have come statements that Republicans have no ideas and no solutions, in spite of that fact that we've offered, as demonstrated today, positive solutions to all of the challenges we face, including energy and the economy and health care.

Specifically, in the area of health care, this bill, H.R. 3400, that has more cosponsors than any health care bill in the House. It is a bill that would provide health coverage for all Americans, would correct the significant insurance challenges of portability and preexisting, would solve the lawsuit abuse issue, which isn't addressed significantly in the other proposals that went through the House and the Senate, would write into law that medical decisions are made between patients and families and doctors, and does all of that without raising taxes by a penny.

But my specific question is, what should we tell our constituents who know that Republicans have offered positive solutions to the challenges that Americans face and yet continue to hear out of the administration that we've offered nothing?

OBAMA: Tell them I -- look, I have to say, that on the -- let's just take the health care debate. And it's probably not constructive for us to try to debate a particular bill. This isn't the venue to do it.

But if you say that we can offer coverage for all Americans and it won't cost a penny, that's just not true. You can't structure a bill where suddenly 30 million people have coverage and it costs nothing.
If...
(CROSSTALK)

PRICE: ... and I understand that we're not interested in debating this bill.

OBAMA: Sir...

PRICE: But what should we tell our constituents, who know that we've offered these solutions, and yet hear from the administration that -- that we have offered nothing?

OBAMA: Let me -- I'm using this as a specific example, so let me answer your question. You asked a question, I want to answer it.

It's not enough, if you say, for example, that we've offered a health care plan and I look up -- this is just under the section that you've just provided me -- or the book that you've just provided me, "Summary of GOP Health Care Reform Bill."
"The GOP plan will lower health care premiums for American families and small businesses, addressing America's number one priority for health reform."

I mean, that's an idea that we all embrace. But specifically it's got to work. I mean, there's got to be a mechanism in these plans that I can go to an independent health care expert and say, "Is this something that will actually work or is it boilerplate?"
You know, if I'm told, for example, that the solution to dealing with health care costs is tort reform, something that I've said I am willing to work with you on, but the CBO or other experts say to me, you know, "At best, this could reduce health care costs relative to where they're growing by a couple of percentage points or save $5 billion a year, that's what we can score it at, and it will not bend the cost curve long term or reduce premiums significantly," then you can't make the claim that that's the only thing that we have to do.

If we're going to do multi-state insurance so that people can go across state lines, I've got to be able to go to an independent health care expert, Republican or Democrat, who can tell me that this won't result in cherry-picking of the healthiest going to some and the least healthy being worse off.

So I am absolutely committed to working with you on these issues. But it can't just be political assertions that aren't substantiated when it comes to the actual details of policy, because otherwise we're going to be selling the American people a bill of goods.

I mean, the easiest thing for me to do on the health care debate would have been to tell people that, "What you're going to get is guaranteed health insurance, lower your costs, all the insurance reforms, we're going to lower the cost of Medicare and Medicaid, and it won't cost anybody anything." That's great politics. It's just not true.

So there's got to be some test of realism in any of these proposals, mine included. I've got to hold myself accountable, and I guarantee the American people will hold themselves -- will hold me accountable if what I'm selling doesn't actually deliver.

PENCE: Mr. President, a point of clarification. What's in the "Better Solutions" book are all the legislative proposals that were offered...

OBAMA: Oh, I understand. I've actually read your bills.

PENCE: ... throughout 2009.

OBAMA: I understand.

PENCE: And so rest assured the summary document that you received is backed up by precisely the kind of detailed legislation that Speaker Pelosi and your administration have been busy ignoring for 12 months.

OBAMA: Well, Mike, hold on, hold on a second.
(APPLAUSE)
No, no, no, no, no. Hold on a second guys.
(APPLAUSE)
You know, Mike, I've read your legislation. I mean, I take a look at this stuff. And the good ideas we take. ut here -- here's the thing, here's the thing, I guess, that all of us have to be mindful of. It can't be all-or-nothing one way or the other, all right?

You -- you -- and what I mean by that is this. If we put together a stimulus package in which a third of it are tax cuts that normally you guys would support, and support for states and the unemployed and helping people stay on COBRA that your governors certainly would support, Democrat or Republican. And then you've got some infrastructure, and maybe there's some things in there that you don't like in terms of infrastructure, or you think the bill should have been $500 billion instead of $700 billion, or there's this provision or that provision that you don't like. If there's uniform opposition because the Republican caucus doesn't get 100 percent or 80 percent of what you want, then it's going to be hard to get a deal done. That's because that's not how democracy works.

So my hope would be that we can look at some of these components parts of what we're doing, and maybe we break some of them up on different policy issues. So if the good congressman from Utah has a particular issue on lobbying reform that he wants to work with us on, we may not be able to agree on a comprehensive package on everything, but there may be some component parts that we can work on. You may not support our overall jobs package, but if you look at the tax credit that we're proposing for small businesses right now, it is consistent with a lot of what you guys have said in the past. And just the fact that it's my administration that's proposing it shouldn't prevent you from supporting it.
That's my point.

PENCE: Thank you, Mr. President.

Read more: http://swampland.blogs.time.com/2010/01/29/re-great-political-television/#ixzz0e3jYiSMZ

Note that he never answered the specific question. Instead, he started rambling about "independent commissions" and whether or not he thinks the plan will work. As if our Legislature needs his exalted permission to decide what's worthy of debate. In the middle, he did manage a gaffe worthy of Clueless Joe, when he admitted that he's read these plans.

But overall, and throughout the entire Q & A, he keeps trying to pin the legislative difficulties in Congress on mindless partisanship, as if these people don't have LEGITIMATE differences of opinion and principle. He keeps coming back to this theme again and again, continually dismissing their policy concerns as if it were some kind of game. The Red Jersey vs. The Blue Jersey and the standing accusation that they only disagree based on some kind of team loyalty, rather than deeply held belief on policy.

It's disrespectful. Short-sighted. There ARE areas of mutual agreement that have not been explored due to the stubborn insistence by the majority to have it all their way. So... who's fault is it, really, when the items of mutual agreement are not called to the floor by the ones whose job it is to set the agenda?

Good grief, man. Is that what has your panties all wet?... that he managed not to use the teleprompter?

Hell, why didn't you say so? Go ahead and give yourselves a solid pat on the back. :lol:

After a year of hearing dumbass conservatives try to perpetuate a myth that he couldn't function without a teleprompter, maybe it needs to be pointed out to you people a few thousand times in return that you were full of shit.

Of course if you'd listened to us from the beginning, we told you so. Pay attention.

Oh, he did just fine.

Hey FOX, why don't you show the whole thing like CSPAN did?

Hey GOP reps, why do you think the cameras were a mistake when so many of your fans here think it made the Prez look bad?

CHAFFETZ:
You said you'd go line by line through the health care debate -- or through the health care bill. And there were six of us, including Dr. Phil Roe, who sent you a letter and said, "We would like to take you up on that offer. We'd like to come." We never heard a letter. We never got a call. We were never involved in any of those discussions.

OBAMA: All right. Jim (sic), with all due respect, I've just got to take this last question as an example of how it's very hard to have the kind of bipartisan work that we're going to do, because the whole question was structured as a talking point for running -- running a campaign.

Now, look, let's talk about the budget, once again, because I'll go through it with you line by line.

Read more: President Obama Addresses The Republican Retreat (Transcript) - Swampland - TIME.com

Hmmm.. read the first excerpt and then see if you'd believe the second excerpt. But democrats really think people should take Bam Bam at his word.

LOL

The Nov election is going to be the biggest swing ever. Yeah, Obama did greatttttt! He's doubled down on a strategy that cost him a Senate seat in a state where only 11% is registered Republican. How can you not admire that?

And as a bonus he mentioned the words "ideologue" and "Bolshevik" in reference to himself, that's what happens when you have really thin skin that never been scratched and suddenly find you have to stand on your own convictions.

Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeee keep up the Partisanship, Mr President!

Good grief, man. Is that what has your panties all wet?... that he managed not to use the teleprompter?

Hell, why didn't you say so? Go ahead and give yourselves a solid pat on the back. :lol:

After a year of hearing dumbass conservatives try to perpetuate a myth that he couldn't function without a teleprompter, maybe it needs to be pointed out to you people a few thousand times in return that you were full of shit.

Of course if you'd listened to us from the beginning, we told you so. Pay attention.

Given what he was doing, and given the substance of his answers, it was remarkable how little he 'stammered and stuttered'.

Given what he was doing, and given the substance of his answers, it was remarkable how little he 'stammered and stuttered'.

Wow...I'm gonna agree with NYC....it was probably the first time he's had to answer really difficult questions without someone scripting his answers for him. It's a wonder he didn't choke on his own spit or pass out from the strain.

After watching the 'teleprompter'-less Commander in Chief take on a room full of House Republicans at their retreat, it's clear their was an unfair advantage....

They needed a lot more Republicans!

Point, set, match...Obama

Obama was toying with them. Took their best shots and destroyed them with his reply.

And the Republicans expect to win in 2012?

Paraphrased:

"Mr. President. Your administration continually claims that the GOP never offer up ideas. Seeing as we have, maybe you should ask the Speaker why those ideas have never reached your desk"

After a few seconds of "deer in headlights stare"....

"they HAVE been put on my desk"

"Then why does your administration continually say we have not offered any ideas?"

After a few more seconds of deer in headlight stare....

"Becuase I do not see that your ideas will work"

So in other words...

He believes having ideas that he does not agree with is the same as not having ideas at all.

The exchange spoke voumes of what he is all about..

"My way or the highway"

LOL! You must have been watching FOX. They showed all the questions but not much of the answers. That's not what Obama's answer was at all.

This is the problem when trying to debate a Republican right wing nut. You guys tell lies instead of talk about what really happened. Do you really think you'll win in the long run by lying to people?

Obama said - he's read the Republican bills and ideas. He read the Republicans health care bill that said they could cut insurance costs and insure more people and it wouldn't cost a dime. Obama said, he couldn't see realistically how that could work and he needs more than political points, he needs actual working ideas from the Republicans.

He also reminded everyone how a big chunk of the stimulus package was Republican ideas. And parts of the health care bill had Republican ideas.

And he reminded Republicans that he's seen them at ribbon cuttings for stimulus package projects that they voted against.

So really, watch the whole thing, I'm sure it's on youtube, before you post lies about how it went. Those of us who saw it will catch your lies right away.

Here it is.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBuG2TdgMn0]YouTube - President Obama Full Q&A[/ame]

If Republicans don't get everything they want, they shut down. How childish is that? He isn't a king but he sure looked like a great leader today. Obama isn't there to stroke fragile egos. The Republicans are not engaged.

They need to work not just sit on their butts saying no.

It's on CSPAN again right now. Maybe you should watch again. I think it's obvious that you missed some things the first time through. Obama was just now so condescending toward Mike Pence, a U.S. Congressman :eek:, that it's a wonderment he didn't pat him on the head like a dog.

The above is a perfect example of what makes forum rightwingers such a marvel. There was not an iota of condescension from Obama towards Pence. The claim is nothing more than an outright fabrication.

Yes, the wingnuts would like for Obama to have been condescending to one of their wingnut demi-gods, Pence, but, no , he wasn't, so what do they do?

They just make it up. They just craft a fantasy from whole cloth on the spot. lol, problem solved.

[
He "functioned" horribly. He came across -- without his dear TOTUS -- as the pontificating condescending arrogant thin-skinned insecure lightweight poseur that he is.

Whew!!!! Projection of the Year!!!! Lardbelly comes through again!!!

Just another guy who watched it on FOX, only seeing edited answers - just the parts that FOX wants you to see.

How does it feel? Does it feel Chinese? Do you eat egg rolls while you watch your censored TV?

CSPAN's right there on the TV too.....in case you'd rather feel American.

:eusa_whistle:

Obama was toying with them. Took their best shots and destroyed them with his reply.

And the Republicans expect to win in 2012?

Paraphrased:

"Mr. President. Your administration continually claims that the GOP never offer up ideas. Seeing as we have, maybe you should ask the Speaker why those ideas have never reached your desk"

After a few seconds of "deer in headlights stare"....

"they HAVE been put on my desk"

"Then why does your administration continually say we have not offered any ideas?"

After a few more seconds of deer in headlight stare....

"Becuase I do not see that your ideas will work"

So in other words...

He believes having ideas that he does not agree with is the same as not having ideas at all.

The exchange spoke voumes of what he is all about..

"My way or the highway"

LOL! You must have been watching FOX. They showed all the questions but not much of the answers. That's not what Obama's answer was at all.

This is the problem when trying to debate a Republican right wing nut. You guys tell lies instead of talk about what really happened. Do you really think you'll win in the long run by lying to people?

Obama said - he's read the Republican bills and ideas. He read the Republicans health care bill that said they could cut insurance costs and insure more people and it wouldn't cost a dime. Obama said, he couldn't see realistically how that could work and he needs more than political points, he needs actual working ideas from the Republicans.
He also reminded everyone how a big chunk of the stimulus package was Republican ideas. And parts of the health care bill had Republican ideas.

And he reminded Republicans that he's seen them at ribbon cuttings for stimulus package projects that they voted against.

So really, watch the whole thing, I'm sure it's on youtube, before you post lies about how it went. Those of us who saw it will catch your lies right away.

Here it is.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBuG2TdgMn0]YouTube - President Obama Full Q&A[/ame]

Read what YOU wrote. It says, when you take out the blather, that Obama didn't agree with the ideas so he discounted them. That's the same thing Oldandtired said.

You can't compromise with a Marxist Ideologue

Stay on topic. This is about American politics. Obama isn't an ideologue.

LOL! He even said so today.

But of course FOX probably cut that part out too.

He's not a Marxist either. That's just another right wing lie/talking point. All the ignorant idiots who don't know what Marxism is, believe it, they just know it's something bad. LOL! Knuckleheads.

Last edited:

No...they wouldn't do that

Forum List

Back