All the House GOP and the President - what an unfair advantage!!!

But But...I thought he was "reaching out?" He should be preaching to and scolding the partisan hacks in his own party. They're the ones locking people out of meeting rooms. Why should the Republicans be Bi-Partisan now? This President and this Democrat controlled Congress have been by far the most bitter partisan hacks in History. Maybe the Republicans should just stay locked out and watch this Democrat Titanic sink to the bottom? Their whole "Bi-Partisanship" routine just seems so disingenuous at this point. Give the Republicans a good reason to go back to the meetings and then maybe we can talk. Preachy lectures just aren't gonna cut it.

THIS was the GOP's golden opportunity to unleash all of their "ideas" to Obama and the American public. What happened?

obama as usual was not bipartisan, did not seek unity, instead he used the opportunity to repeatedly attack and insult the gop, exactly the opposite of what he claimed, just yesterday, we should do....

obama has proven himself to be nothing more than partisan hack, school yard bully and very dishonest

Why should the Republicans be Bi-Partisan now? The Dem Titanic is sinking. Why hop aboard that goner? These just seem like empty gestures at this point. Too little too late. The Republicans should probably just sit on shore and watch the Dem Titanic sink to the bottom.

Dow Jones 52 week 6,469.95 - 10,729.89
in 2000, when Bush took office, the Dow was above 11,000.

Can you "sink" going "up"? Why should we return the country to Republican control? So they can damage the country so badly, we can never fix it? So they can "finish the job"?

Doesn't make sense.

Why should the Republicans be Bi-Partisan now? The Dem Titanic is sinking. Why hop aboard that goner? These just seem like empty gestures at this point. Too little too late. The Republicans should probably just sit on shore and watch the Dem Titanic sink to the bottom.

Can you "sink" going "up"? Why should we return the country to Republican control? So they can damage the country so badly, we can never fix it? So they can "finish the job"?

Doesn't make sense.

Markets tend to go both up and down. Giving this noob President credit for the increase in the level of the Market is beyond silly. Normally, when the nitwit-in-chief talks, the market tanks.

He could serve the market's return to higher ground much better if he'd shut the fuck up.

Doesn't make sense.

Glad to see that you support the fact that the ultra rich are capitalizing on the unfortunate by buying their stocks for a fraction of their original value...

Good deals allow the wealthy to buy from the less fortunate.

Only a moron would not see that as the reason the market has gone up while employment has gone down.

Last edited:
There has been some slight change but there has been absolutely no hope. The Democrats have been petty & partisan and they have only themselves to blame for their awful failures. Only Democrats could mange to f*ck up a Super Majority. Even many of their own fellow Democrats know that Pelosi & Reid have been a monumental failure. Blaming that BOOOOOOOOOSH guy and Republicans just ain't gonna cut it this time around. Make 2010 count people.

Obama Goes To GOP Lions' Den -- And Mauls The Lions

NOTE:
MSNBC's Luke Russert, who was on the scene in Baltimore, relayed that a Republican official and other GOP aides had confided to him that allowing the "cameras to roll like that," was a "mistake."

So effective was the president that Fox News cut away from the broadcast 20 minutes before it ended.

Obama Goes To GOP Lions' Den -- And Mauls The Lions

NOTE:
MSNBC's Luke Russert, who was on the scene in Baltimore, relayed that a Republican official and other GOP aides had confided to him that allowing the "cameras to roll like that," was a "mistake."

So effective was the president that Fox News cut away from the broadcast 20 minutes before it ended.

Big mistake... :lol: Big.

After watching the 'teleprompter'-less Commander in Chief take on a room full of House Republicans at their retreat, it's clear their was an unfair advantage....

They needed a lot more Republicans!

Point, set, match...Obama

Well, damn, how can that be?

According to one of the sages on here the Prez is supposed to be "clueless".

:eusa_shifty:

There has been some slight change but there has been absolutely no hope. The Democrats have been petty & partisan and they have only themselves to blame for their awful failures. Only Democrats could mange to f*ck up a Super Majority. Even many of their own fellow Democrats know that Pelosi & Reid have been a monumental failure. Blaming that BOOOOOOOOOSH guy and Republicans just ain't gonna cut it this time around.

I think with his performance today Pres. Obama has shown he's able to do more than just that.

Make 2010 count people.

Doesn't look like such a cakewalk all of a sudden, does it.

's able to do more than just that.

Make 2010 count people.

Doesn't look like such a cakewalk all of a sudden, does it.

You're fucking kidding, right? One appearance by Obama, in which he is shown to be a liar and partisan, and you want to declare victory?

No, but you're an idiot. How did you get that I'm declaring victory from what I said?

Sure likes Republicans have been declaring victory since that election in Mass., though, which is why I said what I said.

Doesn't make sense.

Markets tend to go both up and down. Giving this noob President credit for the increase in the level of the Market is beyond silly. Normally, when the nitwit-in-chief talks, the market tanks.

He could serve the market's return to higher ground much better if he'd shut the fuck up.

It's "natural" for the market to go up or down 3 or 4 THOUSEND points? You don't really believe that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmmm....

“What happens is that you guys don’t have a lot of room to negotiate with me,” Obama said. "The fact of the matter is, many of you, if you voted with the administration on something, are politically vulnerable with your own base, with your own party because what you've been telling your constituents is, ‘This guy's doing all kinds of crazy stuff that's going to destroy America."

Yup.

"I've read your legislation. I take a look at this stuff. And the good ideas we take," Obama said. "It can't be all or nothing, one way or the other … If we put together a stimulus package in which a third of it is tax cuts that normally you guys would support, and support for states and the unemployed and helping people stay on COBRA, that certainly your governors would support … and maybe there are some things in there, with respect to infrastructure, that you don't like … If there's uniform opposition because the Republican caucus doesn't get 100 percent or 80 percent of what you want, then it's going to be difficult to get a deal done, because that's not how democracy works."

Yup.

Arizona Rep. Jeff Flake said the event had helped his party by showing that Republicans have offered alternatives to Obama’s plans

"The real effort here was to convince people out there that we have offered solutions, we've offered things,” Flake said. “For him to say, ‘Yes, I've read your proposal; it's a substantive proposal’ — that's good. That's a huge thing for Republicans."

Good, now tell that to Rush, Ass-Chasm (my name for Hannity), and some of the other RW pundits calling him a dictator.

Bonus question: how long before Teabaggers start egging Rep. Flake's house?

Obama pushed back hard, accusing Republicans of putting party before principle and voting against his 2009 stimulus plan but then attending “ribbon cuttings” for stimulus projects in their own districts.

If Republicans believe in both across-the-board tax cuts and a balanced budget, Obama said he’d like to see their math.

Yup.

From the transcript:
"You're absolutely right than when I was sworn in, the hope was that unemployment would remain around 8 -- or in the 8 percent range. That was just based on the estimates made by both conservative and liberal economists because at that point not all the data had trickled in.

We had lost 650,000 jobs in December. I'm assuming you're not faulting my policies for that. We had lost, it turns out, 700,000 jobs in January, the month I was sworn in. I'm assuming it wasn't my administration policies that accounted for that. We lost another 650,000 jobs the subsequent month, before any of my policies had gone in to effect. So I'm assuming that wasn't as a consequence of our policies. That doesn't reflect the failure of the Recovery Act.

The point being that what ended up happening was that the job losses from this recession proved to be much more severe in the first quarter of last year going into the second quarter of last year than anybody anticipated.

So, I mean, I think we -- we can score political points on the basis of the fact that we underestimated how severe the job losses were going to be, but those job losses took place before any stimulus, whether it was the ones that you guys have proposed or the ones that we proposed, could have ever taken to effect."

Yup.

Midway through the questions and answers, Pence said that there would be just a few more questions.

Obama said he wasn’t in any hurry to leave.

"I'm having fun,” Obama said. “This is great."

And I got a feeling some of us are gonna have fun watching, too, Mr. President.
icon_thumright.gif

But But...I thought he was "reaching out?" He should be preaching to and scolding the partisan hacks in his own party. They're the ones locking people out of meeting rooms. Why should the Republicans be Bi-Partisan now? This President and this Democrat controlled Congress have been by far the most bitter partisan hacks in History. Maybe the Republicans should just stay locked out and watch this Democrat Titanic sink to the bottom? Their whole "Bi-Partisanship" routine just seems so disingenuous at this point. Give the Republicans a good reason to go back to the meetings and then maybe we can talk. Preachy lectures just aren't gonna cut it.

Umm, many dems haven't voted for healthcare reform, so how does that make them "partisan hacks". Funny, I didn't hear any complaint when Republicans had meetings when they had majority and didn't even include dems at all. What you don't know is how the republicans were acting in those meetings. maybe they had a good reason if the republicans went off on dishonest tirades like you see so many of their supporters do on here

After watching the 'teleprompter'-less Commander in Chief take on a room full of House Republicans at their retreat, it's clear their was an unfair advantage....

They needed a lot more Republicans!

Point, set, match...Obama

I didn't realize it was a competition....but aren't you glad that the President FINALLY allowed himself to be put on TV without a teleprompter? Too bad he wasn't willing to do it when he met in secret with Democrats....oh well, we see how good that worked out for them.

I thought the meeting was useful for everyone. Well, everyone that was invited. SORRY DEMS!

I was a bit disappointed that he only gave the republicans an hour of his glorious time. There were certainly more issues that could have been discussed and debated longer and deeper. But all in all, I think BO handled himself pretty good under the circumstances.

Now if we could just get him to quit looking down his nose and start looking a bit more leader-like, we might get somewhere. He's got to understand that he can't keep slapping the Republicans on the wrist everytime they dare to defy his excellency. But I'm sure that after a few more elections, he'll start to see that he REALLY needs to be making some friends on that side of the house.

Umm, many dems haven't voted for healthcare reform, so how does that make them "partisan hacks". Funny, I didn't hear any complaint when Republicans had meetings when they had majority and didn't even include dems at all. What you don't know is how the republicans were acting in those meetings. maybe they had a good reason if the republicans went off on dishonest tirades like you see so many of their supporters do on here

smartest thing you said here was "WHAT YOU DON'T KNOW"....which is exactly the point. YOU DON'T KNOW.

How many closed door meetings did the Republicans have about healthcare in the last adminstration anyway? Well, it really doesn't matter...I don't recall Mr. Bush ever promising multiple times on TV that he was going to have the most transparent administration ever...I don't recall him saying anything about holding all meetings on CSPAN. I DO, however, seem to remember that Mr. Obama did promise such things and that there would be NO back room deal making swaps with no media allowed. I recall also that he said he would work TIRELESSLY to listen to both sides of the isle when it comes to healthcare.

I was a bit disappointed that he only gave the republicans an hour of his glorious time.

Yup, he said he was enjoying smacking them around. Too bad bad he didn't get longer to do it.

:D

He's got to understand that he can't keep slapping the Republicans on the wrist everytime they dare to defy his excellency.

Maybe by now the Republicans understand that he's not gonna let them bend him over, too.

New Topics

Forum List

Back