All the House GOP and the President - what an unfair advantage!!!

Bfgrn

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2009
After watching the 'teleprompter'-less Commander in Chief take on a room full of House Republicans at their retreat, it's clear their was an unfair advantage....

They needed a lot more Republicans!

Point, set, match...Obama

But But...I thought he was "reaching out?" He should be preaching to and scolding the partisan hacks in his own party. They're the ones locking people out of meeting rooms. Why should the Republicans be Bi-Partisan now? This President and this Democrat controlled Congress have been by far the most bitter partisan hacks in History. Maybe the Republicans should just stay locked out and watch this Democrat Titanic sink to the bottom? Their whole "Bi-Partisanship" routine just seems so disingenuous at this point. Give the Republicans a good reason to go back to the meetings and then maybe we can talk. Preachy lectures just aren't gonna cut it.

But But...I thought he was "reaching out?" He should be preaching to and scolding the partisan hacks in his own party. They're the ones locking people out of meeting rooms. Why should the Republicans be Bi-Partisan now? This President and this Democrat controlled Congress have been by far the most bitter partisan hacks in History. Maybe the Republicans should just stay locked out and watch this Democrat Titanic sink to the bottom? Their whole "Bi-Partisanship" routine just seems so disingenuous at this point. Give the Republicans a good reason to go back to the meetings and then maybe we can talk. Preachy lectures just aren't gonna cut it.

THIS was the GOP's golden opportunity to unleash all of their "ideas" to Obama and the American public. What happened?

After watching the 'teleprompter'-less Commander in Chief take on a room full of House Republicans at their retreat, it's clear their was an unfair advantage....

I went home for lunch and saw this. He was classic Obama, cool and on top of everything they threw at them.. Like he was in the debates with Hillary.

:)

:cuckoo:

One of your more highly unpersuasive partisan bleatings. And that's really saying something.

Obama was toying with them. Took their best shots and destroyed them with his reply.

And the Republicans expect to win in 2012?

Hopey Changey loons have a really warped take on "Bi-Partisanship." He "defeated" and "kicked some GOP a*s?" That's what these loons call "Bi-Partisanship." lol! They're actually just funny at this point.

ROFLMAO! you should really find something other than radical progressive politicians to worship, because if you don't after your cognitive dissonance dissipates you're going to be really disappointed and ashamed of yourself.

Obama was toying with them. Took their best shots and destroyed them with his reply.

Paraphrased:

"Mr. President. Your administration continually claims that the GOP never offer up ideas. Seeing as we have, maybe you should ask the Speaker why those ideas have never reached your desk"

After a few seconds of "deer in headlights stare"....

"they HAVE been put on my desk"

"Then why does your administration continually say we have not offered any ideas?"

After a few more seconds of deer in headlight stare....

"Becuase I do not see that your ideas will work"

So in other words...

He believes having ideas that he does not agree with is the same as not having ideas at all.

The exchange spoke voumes of what he is all about..

"My way or the highway"

I watched that on tv. I thought Obama was the biggest ass I've ever seen talk publically on tv. He also missed no opportunities to lie his way out of just about every question he was asked.

"A ton of civility instead of slash and burn would be helpful." -- Obama

Seriously? This is supposed to be "helpful"? What an asshole!!

Why should the Republicans be Bi-Partisan now? The Dem Titanic is sinking. Why hop aboard that goner? These just seem like empty gestures at this point. Too little too late. The Republicans should probably just sit on shore and watch the Dem Titanic sink to the bottom.

So now Obama wants to be "bipartisan"? After over a year of shutting the GOP out of any meaningful negotiation. He is just trying to use them to cover his own failures. This was in Nov the Dums can say "see, the GOP is just as bad as we are. They were with us all the way."
No, the GOP just needs to sit back and let him fail.

The liberoidal Democrat CLAIM that the GOP is merely the "Party of No!" is beyond stale already.

It was never true in the first place.

Saying it and repeating it and bombastically lecturing GOP Congressmen and Congresswomen about it is hardly the hallmark of a new fresh "bi-partisan" spirit either.

In short, once again, President Obama is merely lying. What a surprise....

In any event, I have a newsflash for the liar-in-chief:

opposition to fucking stupid legislative agendas and policies is an entirely good thing. Therefore, even if it were true that the GOP offers only opposition, that's not something they should shy away from. They SHOULD be telling President Obama that if he wants to "work together," they will be more than pleased to accept his endorsement and support of THEIR ideas.

But the street this President laughably calls "bipartisan" is obviously a one-way street. And his way remains the wrong way at that.

There's no way. The GOP was once again phoning it in. This chatter about winning the majority in 2010 and then the WH in 2012 well, we've heard this before.

Obama's bipartisanship: My way or the highway.

This President seem to believe that if HE is the one saying something, then it must be the "truth!"

He uses the term "bi-partisan" as a mere talking point. The Obama-to-English translation of "bipartisan" is that the opposition has a duty to agree with him. :cuckoo:

And when they don't, his notion of "bi-partisan" is very much akin to your suggestion of what the Dem Parody has become: the Party of "fuck you!"

Ford to City, 'Drop Dead!'

Obama to GOP, 'Fuck you!'

So now Obama wants to be "bipartisan"? After over a year of shutting the GOP out of any meaningful negotiation. He is just trying to use them to cover his own failures. This was in Nov the Dums can say "see, the GOP is just as bad as we are. They were with us all the way."
No, the GOP just needs to sit back and let him fail.

As the question and answer about 'Republican suggestions' was dealt with; it's obvious that bi-partisan actions mean doing what Obama wants, or F-off. So what the conservatives need to do and seem to be more and more, is say what their ideas are, say they've sent them on, then play that part of the video.

Guess which positions most Americans think are 'reform'?

Forum List

Back