All the House GOP and the President - what an unfair advantage!!!

You can't compromise with a Marxist Ideologue

Stay on topic. This is about American politics. Obama isn't an ideologue.

LOL! He even said so today.

But of course FOX probably cut that part out too.

Yes, of course you're correct. Obama and the Dems need to stay on course and keep trying to nationalize US healthcare over the objection of at least 65% of the population.

I'm not going to argue the brilliance of his Marxist Ideology which has worked so well every place it's been tried.

Go, reread "Rules for Radicals" keep calling Republicans the Party of "NO!!!"

Obama said - he's read the Republican bills and ideas. He read the Republicans health care bill that said they could cut insurance costs and insure more people and it wouldn't cost a dime. Obama said, he couldn't see realistically how that could work and he needs more than political points, he needs actual working ideas from the Republicans.

Read what YOU wrote. It says, when you take out the blather, that Obama didn't agree with the ideas so he discounted them. That's the same thing Oldandtired said.

Incorrect. He said the bill they proposed was not a no cost solution. He also said it would be really easy to just tell us what we want to hear and not really do much. That's what the republican bill does. But don't waste my time asking me to explain what he said.

GO WATCH IT FOR YOURSELF.

Stop relying on FOX to tell you the truth. They are not doing so.

Watch it on youtube and come back with some comments.

Don't spew FOX talking points. Talk about what Obama actually said.

Ok.

Time for a contrary offering (and a concession):

I don't believe that the President is even remotely on the level.

On the other hand, if he were inclined to go about what he's pretending to be doing in an honest and objective way, what he did today would qualify as at least a stab in the right general direction.

Furthermore, he handled himself ok. Not brilliantly. But not all that bad.

He would be well advised to do less posturing if he wants to make actual progress. He could easily get some much needed GOP support in the Senate if he'd knock off all of his innuendo and partisan rhetoric. If he wants "bi-partisan" he's going to have to make some actual concessions.

Compromise is not always a dirty word. But it is not something that is ever going to work if one side (as in the President) sees it as a one way street.

Until HE makes some genuine concessions, I am perfectly content to let him continue to flop and flounder. When Congress is stymied, the Republic is well served these days.

Last edited:
You can't compromise with a Marxist Ideologue

Yes, of course you're correct. Obama and the Dems need to stay on course and keep trying to nationalize US healthcare over the objection of at least 65% of the population.

I'm not going to argue the brilliance of his Marxist Ideology which has worked so well every place it's been tried.

More lies. There's no nationalisation of health care. Even a public option isn't national health care, it's one option out of all the rest of the health insurance companies. And now there's no public option in the senate bill.

So quit that old tired lie, won't you?

Obama came off as level headed and willing to work with the other side.

GOP came off as a bunch of assholes

shows how "fair" FOX is that they cut away 20 minutes early to save the gop further embarrassment

More lies. There's no nationalisation of health care. Even a public option isn't national health care, it's one option out of all the rest of the health insurance companies. And now there's no public option in the senate bill.

So quit that old tired lie, won't you?

You keep riding that horse to the finish line, Dearie.

To bring down the cost of healthcare we need more competition and less government, but you keep on keeping on with Government Run Eugenics.

Ok.

On the other hand, if he were inclined to go about what he's pretending to be doing in an honest and objective way, what he did today would qualify as at least a stab in the right general direction.

He would be well advised to do less postiring if he wants to make actual progress. He could easily get some much needed GOP support in the Senate if he'd knock off all of his innuendo and partisan rhetoric. If he wants "bi-partisan" he's going to have to make some actual concessions.

Compromise is not always a dirty word. But it is not something that is ever going to work if one side (as in the President) sees it as a one way street.

Until HE makes some genuine concessions, I am perfectly content to let him continue to flop and flounder. When Congress is stymied, the Republic is well served these days.

It certainly was something Bush would never have even considered! All of Bush's audiences were hand picked right wingers. He never answered tough questions. Anyone in the press room who asked a tough question was relieved of their press pass.

Yeah I loved the part where he finally admitted that the GOP sent him a good plan and wouldn't consider it because it chaffed his Marxist undies

President Obama came off as making an effort to "deal with" those GOP congresspersons who are the root of all evil. But, still, he's the one who made the overture, so he gets some brownie points, I guess.

The GOP, however, did not even remotely come off as assholes. They came off as having some legitimate questions and grievances. And by allowing them this public air time (which the Obama-oriented liberally biased main stream media never covers very much), those grievances and a bit of the truth got revealed. This might not be such a stellar moment for the liberal Democrat Parody in the long run, therefore.

Last edited:
The above is a perfect example of what makes forum rightwingers such a marvel. There was not an iota of condescension from Obama towards Pence. The claim is nothing more than an outright fabrication.

Yes, the wingnuts would like for Obama to have been condescending to one of their wingnut demi-gods, Pence, but, no , he wasn't, so what do they do?

They just make it up. They just craft a fantasy from whole cloth on the spot. lol, problem solved.

Puh-leeze. :rolleyes:

"OBAMA: Here's what I'm going to do, Mike: What I'm going to do is I'm going to take a look at what you guys are proposing.

And the reason -- the reason I say this, you know, before you say OK, I think it is -- I think is important to note, you know, what you may consider across-the-board tax cuts could be, for example, greater tax cuts for people who are making a billion dollars. I may not agree to a tax cut for Warren Buffett. You may be calling for a (sic) across-the-board tax cut for the banking industry right now. I may not agree to that.

So, you know, I think that we've got to look at what specific proposals you're putting forward.

And -- this is the last point I'll make -- if you're calling for just across-the-board tax cuts and then, on the other hand, saying that we're somehow going to balance our budget, I'm going to want to take a look at your math and see how that -- how that works. Because the issue of deficit and debt is another area where there has been a tendency for some inconsistent statements.

How's that? All right?"

Read more: President Obama Addresses The Republican Retreat (Transcript) - Swampland - TIME.com

And that's without the smarmy mannerisms Obama treated us to earlier today. Mike Pence is a U.S. Congressman, not a grade schooler who needs clarification on what "across the board tax cuts" means or needs his math homework checked.

After watching the 'teleprompter'-less Commander in Chief take on a room full of House Republicans at their retreat, it's clear their was an unfair advantage....

They needed a lot more Republicans!

Point, set, match...Obama

:cuckoo:

One of your more highly unpersuasive partisan bleatings. And that's really saying something.
No doubt you missed it if you watched Fox, they didn't carry much of it. I guess to spare the GOP of their pubiic beating.

Ok.

He would be well advised to do less postiring if he wants to make actual progress. He could easily get some much needed GOP support in the Senate if he'd knock off all of his innuendo and partisan rhetoric. If he wants "bi-partisan" he's going to have to make some actual concessions.

It certainly was something Bush would never have even considered! All of Bush's audiences were hand picked right wingers. He never answered tough questions. Anyone in the press room who asked a tough question was relieved of their press pass.

LOL

What a fucking moron

Bush had that fat fucking murderer Kennedy write the Education bill to try to make nice with you cocksuckers

shows how "fair" FOX is that they cut away 20 minutes early to save the gop further embarrassment

Apparently some Republicans realized after the fact they shouldn't have let the cameras keep rolling.

:clap2:

Ok.

LOL

What a fucking moron

Bush had that fat fucking murderer Kennedy write the Education bill to try to make nice with you cocksuckers

OK it's clear you're not interested in having a conversation. I should have known by the "pimp on Breitbart's payroll phone tampering charged with a federal offense" in your avatar.

:lol::lol::lol:

The above is a perfect example of what makes forum rightwingers such a marvel. There was not an iota of condescension from Obama towards Pence. The claim is nothing more than an outright fabrication.

Yes, the wingnuts would like for Obama to have been condescending to one of their wingnut demi-gods, Pence, but, no , he wasn't, so what do they do?

They just make it up. They just craft a fantasy from whole cloth on the spot. lol, problem solved.

"OBAMA: Here's what I'm going to do, Mike: What I'm going to do is I'm going to take a look at what you guys are proposing.

And the reason -- the reason I say this, you know, before you say OK, I think it is -- I think is important to note, you know, what you may consider across-the-board tax cuts could be, for example, greater tax cuts for people who are making a billion dollars. I may not agree to a tax cut for Warren Buffett. You may be calling for a (sic) across-the-board tax cut for the banking industry right now. I may not agree to that.

So, you know, I think that we've got to look at what specific proposals you're putting forward.

And -- this is the last point I'll make -- if you're calling for just across-the-board tax cuts and then, on the other hand, saying that we're somehow going to balance our budget, I'm going to want to take a look at your math and see how that -- how that works. Because the issue of deficit and debt is another area where there has been a tendency for some inconsistent statements.

How's that? All right?"

Read more: President Obama Addresses The Republican Retreat (Transcript) - Swampland - TIME.com

And that's without the smarmy mannerisms Obama treated us to earlier today. Mike Pence is a U.S. Congressman, not a grade schooler who needs clarification on what "across the board tax cuts" means or needs his math homework checked.

OK then explain to us how you cut the deficit with tax cuts.

You are aware that the deficit is caused by not enough tax revenue to cover the expenses right?

So if you cut the income, how do you pay the bills?

Obama said - he's read the Republican bills and ideas. He read the Republicans health care bill that said they could cut insurance costs and insure more people and it wouldn't cost a dime. Obama said, he couldn't see realistically how that could work and he needs more than political points, he needs actual working ideas from the Republicans.

Read what YOU wrote. It says, when you take out the blather, that Obama didn't agree with the ideas so he discounted them. That's the same thing Oldandtired said.

Incorrect. He said the bill they proposed was not a no cost solution. He also said it would be really easy to just tell us what we want to hear and not really do much. That's what the republican bill does. But don't waste my time asking me to explain what he said.

GO WATCH IT FOR YOURSELF.

Stop relying on FOX to tell you the truth. They are not doing so.

Watch it on youtube and come back with some comments.

Don't spew FOX talking points. Talk about what Obama actually said.

I love the FOX hysteria. It makes me think of overly excited chickens squawking... "Fox! Fox! Fox! F-F-F-F...F-OX!!!" :lol:

There's this thing called CSPAN. And if you change your channel, you could've actually watched it on... CSPAN.

What's more... the Executive Branch doesn't make law. That's the Legislative Branch. Obama doesn't get to decide what's worthy of merit for debate and what isn't. He only just thinks he does. :rolleyes:

LOL

What a fucking moron

OK it's clear you're not interested in having a conversation. I should have known by the "pimp on Breitbart's payroll phone tampering charged with a federal offense" in your avatar.

:lol::lol::lol:

I don't "converse" with the completely clueless.

You're spouting stuff that clearly wrong, that Bush wasn't bipartisan and I simply have no patience for your bullshit.

Stop being a fucking clueless moron and maybe we can talk

How's that? All right?"

JFK (the real one, not that moron John Fn Kerry) said it pretty well: "A rising tide lifts all boats."

Cut the fuckin' taxes and you stimulate the economy. Stimulate the economy and corporations and people make money. Taxed at a fairer rate (i.e., lower rate) the increase in earnings generates more tax revenues than a higher tax rate with lower earnings.

Hope that helps. If not, take it up with President Kennedy.

Last edited:

You are aware that the deficit is caused by not enough tax revenue to cover the expenses right?

So if you cut the income, how do you pay the bills?

The Laffer Curve.

Forum List

Back