Alexander Hamilton Was Obsessed With The Threat A Presidency Like Trumps Poses To America

skews13

Diamond Member
Mar 18, 2017
“The truth unquestionably is, that the only path to a subversion of the republican system of the Country is, by flattering the prejudices of the people, and exciting their jealousies and apprehensions, to throw affairs into confusion, and bring on civil commotion. Tired at length of anarchy, or want of government, they may take shelter in the arms of monarchy for repose and security.”

“When a man unprincipled in private life, desperate [hugely wealthy] in his fortune, bold in his temper, possessed of considerable talents, having the advantage of military habits—despotic in his ordinary demeanour—known to have scoffed in private at the principles of liberty—when such a man is seen to mount the hobby horse of popularity—to join in the cry of danger to liberty—to take every opportunity of embarrassing the General Government & bringing it under suspicion—to flatter and fall in with all the non sense of the zealots of the day—It may justly be suspected that his object is to throw things into confusion that he may ‘ride the storm and direct the whirlwind.’”

“No popular Government was ever without its Catilines & its Cæsars. These are its true enemies.”

Alexander Hamilton was obsessed with the threat a presidency like Trump's poses for America

“The truth unquestionably is, that the only path to a subversion of the republican system of the Country is, by flattering the prejudices of the people, and exciting their jealousies and apprehensions, to throw affairs into confusion, and bring on civil commotion. Tired at length of anarchy, or want of government, they may take shelter in the arms of monarchy for repose and security.”

“When a man unprincipled in private life, desperate [hugely wealthy] in his fortune, bold in his temper, possessed of considerable talents, having the advantage of military habits—despotic in his ordinary demeanour—known to have scoffed in private at the principles of liberty—when such a man is seen to mount the hobby horse of popularity—to join in the cry of danger to liberty—to take every opportunity of embarrassing the General Government & bringing it under suspicion—to flatter and fall in with all the non sense of the zealots of the day—It may justly be suspected that his object is to throw things into confusion that he may ‘ride the storm and direct the whirlwind.’”

“No popular Government was ever without its Catilines & its Cæsars. These are its true enemies.”

Alexander Hamilton was obsessed with the threat a presidency like Trump's poses for America

...but George Washington was obsessed with the threat of a presidency like Obama’s...
But then again perhaps Hamilton was as well, reading the above information so generously provided!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am sure that poor Alexander Hamilton will now get brutally attacked by Trumpist minions. The whole constitutional system was arranged to avoid a warped president like Trump. The electoral college has been an abject failure and its results have been the opposite of what it was meant to do, i.e. save us from a man like Trump, but I digress..

Last edited:

You mean Obama right?

yeah cause nothing is more despotic than giving the govt back to the people
LOL He lost the popular vote by 3,000,000.

And that mattered how exactly?

HRC1-NP.jpg

Good thing the Founders knew that morons would eventually outnumber thoughtful people so made sure that the thoughtful ones could still keep their voice. Sad for idiots, like you, but great for thinking people everywhere!

Good thing the Founders knew that morons would eventually outnumber thoughtful people so made sure that the thoughtful ones could still keep their voice. Sad for idiots, like you, but great for thinking people everywhere!

Sadly, the morons are growing at an exponential pace.

Trump voters and thinking people is an oxymoron with the emphasis on moron. The electoral college brought us W. and Trump. If there was evidence of a failed system these outcomes would be exhibit A. However, I am sure you are the same thinking person that backed W and now Trump. Thinking person..LOL.

Sadly, the morons are growing at an exponential pace.

Too bad they are not trout food.

BrownTrout.jpg

Trump voters and thinking people is an oxymoron with the emphasis on moron. The electoral college brought us W. and Trump. If there was evidence of a failed system these outcomes would be exhibit A. However, I am sure you are the same thinking person that backed W and now Trump. Thinking person..LOL.

Lol... the only failed system were Hillary’s and Gore’s campaigns!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hamilton didn't have the nerves of steel that Trump has, and he was a lousy shot. Just ask Aaron Burr.

Trump already stated that he could "stand in the middle of 5th Avenue and shoot somebody and I wouldn't lose voters", so you might not want to test him. I think he means business.

Last edited:

The Articles of Confederation speak loudly of this concern.

Hamilton didn't have the nerves of steel that Trump has, and he was a lousy shot. Just ask Aaron Burr.

Trump already stated that he could "stand in the middle of 5th Avenue and shoot somebody and I wouldn't lose voters", so you might not want to test him. I think he means business.
Trump has not got the balls to shot anything.

Trump has not got the balls to shot anything.

200 dead Russian mercenaries would disagree with you, if they only could.

And yes, I'd still vote for him again.

PFFFFFFTTTT. What a bag of farts. That doesn't even merit a nice try.

You remember when Trump said "I have a pen, and I have a phone"?

Wait...that was the other guy...back when you fuckchops were cheering.

Forum List

Back