Alex Jones offers $55m to Sandy Hook families to satisfy $1.5bn judgment

Where does one get $1.5B in a settlement? P&G paid $333M for poisoning hundreds of people, most certainly leading to cancer and other issues and as many as 60 people died due to their actions. This guy is obviously not a good guy and a rabble rouser, some emotional pain was certainly caused, but just throwing out ridiculous amounts for damages is NOT justice or prudent. It also disregards your First Amendment which the worlds citizens loves.
Of course it disregards the 1st amendment The 1st amendment had nothing to do with what that disgusting pig did.

I hope that the families do not settle with the fat pig. I hope they hound him to his grave for every penny.
He is an evil man and deserves to burn in hell for what he did.
I'd say if he's offering this much he probably has the whole amount.

Don't settle.

Do you have any idea how much a billion is? It is a thousand million. Which means, the judgement is fifteen hundred million.

This is like comparing fifty-five dollars to one thousand, five hundred dollars and saying. . "oh, well, if you can afford fifty-five dollars, clearly you can afford fifteen hundred dollars."

You aren't this dumb, are you?

:dunno:
He is obviously trying to keep most of his money.

Take every last penny he has.

How can you guys be this poorly informed after all the media coverage on this?
BINGO!

That is precisely my point. :rolleyes:

You know, only what the MSM has told you to believe and think about Jones, don't you?

. . . and you believe all of that, don't you?

. . . after ALL THE TIMES, the establishment media has been now been caught out lying. You do know, Jones has a better accuracy rate than the corporate and government media in the past two decades, yeah?

So he got this one wrong, and that is the whole point of this. . . you are just too dumb to get it, aren't you?

While I do think there might be a case for several dozen million in punitive damages. . . .

Especially given the platform that Jones has. Given it was not his original theory, that notion had already been out there, and given that it IS a proven fact that the government has staged false flags on the American public, and has paid to propagandize us. . . the judgement was excessive.

This whole thing was, IMO, a psyop on free speech and free thought.

I don't believe he had a fair venue or impartial jury. The trial was a set-up, IMO.
You are certainly allowed to have any opinion you want, even if it is batshit crazy.

BINGO!

You know, only what the MSM has told you to believe and think about Jones, don't you?

. . . after ALL THE TIMES, the establishment media has been now been caught out lying. You do know, Jones has a better accuracy rate than the corporate and government media in the past two decades, yeah?

So he got this one wrong, and that is the whole point of this. . . you are just too dumb to get it, aren't you?
No, not "bingo". This has been widely reported on and covered for most of a decade by media of all types and many different nations. Jones was well known for being who/what he is before this as well.

If you haven't kept up that's your issue, not mine.

BINGO!

Yes. Alex Jones is certainly a voice of reason.

He is obviously trying to keep most of his money.

Take every last penny he has.
Wow, you are a real vindictive son of a bitch.

He made a mistake, based on bad information, from others.
. . and he was not cognizant of exactly how big his platform and influence had gotten.

Most media organizations as large as his, have an independent ombudsman. I would not be surprised if he now has one for legal reasons.

I remember when Jim Comey refused to prosecute Hillary, because there was no, "criminal intent."
. . . if this were a criminal trial, well, scrape that, b/c huh, obviously, it is a first amendment issue.

But clearly, there was no criminal intent, or nefarious agenda to just make money. It was just an issue of trust. Some folks implicitly trust the establishment, some folks don't. Jones clearly believed the information he was getting at the time, it was his honest mistake. . . he should have done a better sourcing job. And yes, he should pay.

. . . but should he be penalized for not being politically subservient to the propaganda efforts of the regime? Isn't that what you are really sore about?

Is this a liability issue for doing damage to the lives of the parents, or is there something else going on here with you?

. . . I think the latter, TBH.

Yes. Alex Jones is certainly a voice of reason.

pyramid-1.jpg

I'm still trying to figure out how these "Victims" went around the 8th Amendment and got damages that are so exorbitant.

Seems to me the 1st, 4th, and 8th Amendment are laws that can be ignored when the fascists in charge want to silence freedom of speech. Equal application of the law doesn't exist anymore.
I believe, though I am no lawyer. . . the Constitutional guarantees have to do with criminal law. . and the Jones trial is a civil case for punitive damages.

Where does one get $1.5B in a settlement? P&G paid $333M for poisoning hundreds of people, most certainly leading to cancer and other issues and as many as 60 people died due to their actions. This guy is obviously not a good guy and a rabble rouser, some emotional pain was certainly caused, but just throwing out ridiculous amounts for damages is NOT justice or prudent. It also disregards your First Amendment which the worlds citizens loves.
$55.5M per victim

Wow, you are a real vindictive son of a bitch.

He made a mistake, based on bad information, from others.
. . and he was not cognizant of exactly how big his platform and influence had gotten.

Most media organizations as large as his, have an independent ombudsman. I would not be surprised if he now has one for legal reasons.

I remember when Jim Comey refused to prosecute Hillary, because there was no, "criminal intent."
. . . if this were a criminal trial, well, scrape that, b/c huh, obviously, it is a first amendment issue.

But clearly, there was no criminal intent, or nefarious agenda to just make money. It was just an issue of trust. Some folks implicitly trust the establishment, some folks don't. Jones clearly believed the information he was getting at the time, it was his honest mistake. . . he should have done a better sourcing job. And yes, he should pay.

. . . but should he be penalized for not being politically subservient to the propaganda efforts of the regime? Isn't that what you are really sore about?

Is this a liability issue for doing damage to the lives of the parents, or is there something else going on here with you?

. . . I think the latter, TBH.
Gross negligence of the facts. Blatant disregard for injuries he was inflicting

Forum List

Back