Alabama should be embarrassed

Exactly! But RealDave doesn't care about accuracy. He just wants to slam the best.
I give AL credit for scheduling a tough game first on the schedule before going to their easy peasy games. Most schools do schedule patsies the first game or two. Gives teams a chance to iron out some problems.

But this time in the season? They should be penalized as other closely ranked teams played real opponents. Sometimes you can't help a conference gme against an easy team but yto go outside for this? AL should be bumped to at least 3 or 4th.

*sigh* Okay, apparently this is not penetrating to your gray matter for some reason... Every Power 5 Conference team in America schedules by the exact same template. For many years, this was not the case and people could legitimately argue as you are, that some teams played cupcakes, etc. Since we've moved toward the playoff system, the structure of scheduling has been established so as to put everyone on a somewhat equal ground.

If you pay attention, every P5 school plays 8 conference games and 4 non-conference games with one bye week. The 8 conference games are preset, there is nothing the school can do to change that. The only area the school has any control over is the non-conference opponents. Of those 4 games, one is usually an FCS (Div I-A) team. Go look at ANY schedule of a team in a Power 5 Conference and you will find this is true. You may have a rare exception due to the fact that scheduling conflicts happen sometimes.

Because the playoffs are now being decided by committee, teams who seriously hope to compete for a spot are aware of strength of scheduling criteria and they generally attempt to schedule some quality non-conference opponents.
Who were Miami & Wisconsin playing while Georgia & Alabama took the day to pick on the little guys.

You can stop the biullshit. AL & GA should be reduced while teams that played ranked opponents won should move ahead.

Miami's 4 non-cons were: Notre Dame, Bethune-Cookman (FCS), Toledo and Arkansas State (which was cancelled due to weather.)

Wisconsin had 3 non-cons and an extra bye week. Utah State, Florida Atlantic, BYU.

Georgia's non-cons were: Notre Dame, Ga. Tech, App. St. and Samford (FCS).

Alabama's non-cons: Florida St., Fresno St., Colorado St. and Mercer (FCS).

Now... the BULLSHIT that needs to stop is YOURS! It's not possible for all the "good" teams to play only other "good" teams the same weekend throughout the year for what should be blatantly obvious reasons, if you're not an absolute moron.

When did Miami & Wisconsin play those teanms.

Most not-chickenshit schools play non conference teams early & then go into conference play. Most non chickenshit teams, if they play a non conference school late, will try for a traditionally tough school to beef up their standings. If beating quality teams up your standing, then playing cupcakes should detract. That simple.

Well, both Wisconsin and Miami have only played 2 teams each that were ranked when they played them. They also have the same number of cupcakes Alabama has played.

But Alabama has played 3 teams that were ranked when they played them.

So if tougher schedules is what you want, Bama has played it.

First, they still support the racist, bigoted & now child predator Roy Moore. Especially when the Governor says she believes the accuser & then says she will still vote for roy. I guess he represents the typical Alabama resident?

Then yesterday.

The great & wonderful Alabama football team plays a game against Mercer?

I have a hint, if you look up the scores on ESPN & when you run your cursor over your opponents name & it does not highlight a link, you should be playing them if you think you are national championship material. They are not in your conference.

You scheduled a cupcake to run up the scre & give your players a rest.

If I were one of those who rank the teams for playoffs, I would dock them ten spots for being such chickenshits.

Georgia wasn't much better. My 1 & 2 would be Miami & Wisconsin. Fuck those fraidy cat teams.
I thought I heard Miami lost

Now that Bama bombed and Miami was taken down and Stanford took care of Notre Dame, it will be interesting to see what the Committee determines is worth a berth in the championship....

First, they still support the racist, bigoted & now child predator Roy Moore. Especially when the Governor says she believes the accuser & then says she will still vote for roy. I guess he represents the typical Alabama resident?

Then yesterday.

I have a hint, if you look up the scores on ESPN & when you run your cursor over your opponents name & it does not highlight a link, you should be playing them if you think you are national championship material. They are not in your conference.

If I were one of those who rank the teams for playoffs, I would dock them ten spots for being such chickenshits.

Georgia wasn't much better. My 1 & 2 would be Miami & Wisconsin. Fuck those fraidy cat teams.
You know the teams don't pick their opponents, right?

They pick their non-conference schedule.

Then yesterday.

Fraidy cat teams?? LMAO!!!

Miami opened their season with that powerhouse opponent Bethune-Cookman. Wisconsin opened their season with a big time game against Utah State.

Alabama opened up with #3 FL State.

Haters are gonna hate. No problem at all. Its funny that so many want to whine about Alabama's few cupcakes. I guess if you can't beat us you might as well whine about something else.

Alabama played FSU at a neutral site as part of the season kickoff.

Auburn played Clemson in week #2 as an away game. Cry me a river!

Alabama gets a bye the week before LSU and a virtual bye (Mercer) the week before the Iron Bowl. LSU and MSU exposed Bama. Not saying Auburned will win Saturday, but I suspect it will be a good game

Latest line Bama -4

-Geaux

Both teams scheduled cupcakes. auburn played Louisiana-Monroe last saturday.

Agreed

-Geaux

Now RealDave, you see how a real football fan looks at it?

Geaux, if I am not mistake, is an LSU fan. Big rival of Alabama's. In fact, I think it has become a bigger rivalry than the storied Iron Bowl. But does he whine? No, he does not.

That statement will get you excommunicated by a true Bama fan!

Then yesterday.

Alabama would whack miami and wisconsin. You need some serious help.

So why play Mercer? Why not schedule a better team? They should be down graded.

All power schools play 1 or 2 pushovers every year. This isnt something new.

This late in the season? They should be penalized in the polls.

Yeah. Quit trolling. Alabama has 4 national championships in 8 years

All Alabama has to do is beat Auburn and they are in the championship game. Usually, whenever they can't beat Auburn, Auburn goes instead!

In the last 11 seasons, the SEC did not win the national championship 3 times, and they played in 2 of those 3 losses. Alabama lost once (last year) and Auburn lost in 2013. Those two losses were by a total of 7 points.

Only in 2014, did an SEC team not play for the championship.

With Auburn beating Alabama tonight, they stand a good chance of being in the national championship game because that is just how things have worked out.

Last edited:
The Bama fans I know will need group counseling after this afternoon.
Not really. Bama wins and loses with class. You'll never see us tear down goal posts and most of our fans won't whine over a loss. We got beat by a better prepared and coached football team. Auburn should be proud of the game they played.

Not really. Bama wins and loses with class. You'll never see us tear down goal posts and most of our fans won't whine over a loss. We got beat by a better prepared and coached football team. Auburn should be proud of the game they played.
Boss, YOU are the one with class, but you don't represent all of the fans. The fans I know are certainly out for blood when it comes to Auburn. They are not fun to watch a game with.

Boss, YOU are the one with class, but you don't represent all of the fans. The fans I know are certainly out for blood when it comes to Auburn. They are not fun to watch a game with.
Oh, I hate Auburn! Watching that goofy and retarded-looking coach revel in victory made me physically nauseous. I hope UGA kicks their smug asses. I know some Bama fans who pull for them when they aren't playing Bama... that's not me.

That said, they came with a good game plan and executed it well. It's really weird, losing a game like that sucks but it's not as bad as a few years ago when they won in the last second on a fluke. It always hurts to lose but when they just luck out and win... that's when we need group counseling!

BAMA was bad on offense and defense. You can't win like that.

It wasn't that we were bad, we just couldn't convert on 3rd downs and we couldn't stop them on 3rd down. Our passing game was off and we should've ran the ball more. We also had WAY too many penalties and a couple of badly blown plays at key times. On the other side, Auburn was focused and played a near perfect game. They knew what they had to do to beat us and they executed.

I've been saying all season that I didn't think we were a championship caliber team. We're good but not as great as some previous championship teams have been. I think it's a leadership thing more than anything else and that's hard to coach. But hey... two losses in two years is nothing to be ashamed of.

Oh, I hate Auburn! Watching that goofy and retarded-looking coach revel in victory made me physically nauseous. I hope UGA kicks their smug asses. I know some Bama fans who pull for them when they aren't playing Bama... that's not me.

That said, they came with a good game plan and executed it well. It's really weird, losing a game like that sucks but it's not as bad as a few years ago when they won in the last second on a fluke. It always hurts to lose but when they just luck out and win... that's when we need group counseling!
OKay, now you are sounding like the Bama fans I know. I don't get this " I HATE AUBURN" thing. You have to give them credit for out playing an excellent team like Alabama.

I am an Ohio State fan but don't hate any teams. But I can sure be disappointed in Ohio State some games.

Guess we can all take our losses our own way.

BAMA was bad on offense and defense. You can't win like that.

It wasn't that we were bad, we just couldn't convert on 3rd downs and we couldn't stop them on 3rd down. Our passing game was off and we should've ran the ball more. We also had WAY too many penalties and a couple of badly blown plays at key times. On the other side, Auburn was focused and played a near perfect game. They knew what they had to do to beat us and they executed.

I've been saying all season that I didn't think we were a championship caliber team. We're good but not as great as some previous championship teams have been. I think it's a leadership thing more than anything else and that's hard to coach. But hey... two losses in two years is nothing to be ashamed of.
Not at all. Another thing I think that Sabin does well is he mentors his players as a "Life Coach." When it comes to their senior year. Sabin counsels each that they would be more valuable by staying a senior year in college ball and increase their chances of first round drafts. He calls it increasing their stock for their future. They would go into the NFL at a higher contract number if they waited.

Urban Meyer doesn't do that and has most of his seniors leave college for the NFLtheir senior year. This past year Sabin had 6 seniors stay to play and Meyer had two. Big difference in their teams! ONe wins the Championshio because he has more experienced players and the other doesn't.

Forum List

Back