Alabama should be embarrassed

Alabama gets a bye the week before LSU and a virtual bye (Mercer) the week before the Iron Bowl. LSU and MSU exposed Bama. Not saying Auburned will win Saturday, but I suspect it will be a good game

Latest line Bama -4

-Geaux

Both teams scheduled cupcakes. auburn played Louisiana-Monroe last saturday.

Agreed

-Geaux

Now RealDave, you see how a real football fan looks at it?

Geaux, if I am not mistake, is an LSU fan. Big rival of Alabama's. In fact, I think it has become a bigger rivalry than the storied Iron Bowl. But does he whine? No, he does not.

The LSU vs Alabama game is traditionally a NFL scouts MECA. Yes, it is a rivalry that has really come on since Saban became HC at Bama.

-Geaux

Alabama gets a bye the week before LSU and a virtual bye (Mercer) the week before the Iron Bowl. LSU and MSU exposed Bama. Not saying Auburned will win Saturday, but I suspect it will be a good game

Latest line Bama -4

-Geaux

Both teams scheduled cupcakes. auburn played Louisiana-Monroe last saturday.

Agreed

-Geaux

Now RealDave, you see how a real football fan looks at it?

Geaux, if I am not mistake, is an LSU fan. Big rival of Alabama's. In fact, I think it has become a bigger rivalry than the storied Iron Bowl. But does he whine? No, he does not.

The LSU vs Alabama game is traditionally a NFL scouts MECA. Yes, it is a rivalry that has really come on since Saban became HC at Bama.

-Geaux

I love defensive football. And the Bama v. LSU rivalry has given us some of the best of that. Both teams play their hardest. Both teams have a better record at the other teams home field. And both have awesome tailgating and great fans.

So why play Mercer? Why not schedule a better team? They should be down graded.

All power schools play 1 or 2 pushovers every year. This isnt something new.

But not many outside the SEC do that this late in the season.[/QUOTE]
So what. Alabama still wins championships beating the best. You need to correct your quote. I didnt say that in the above box.

First, they still support the racist, bigoted & now child predator Roy Moore. Especially when the Governor says she believes the accuser & then says she will still vote for roy. I guess he represents the typical Alabama resident?

Then yesterday.

The great & wonderful Alabama football team plays a game against Mercer?

I have a hint, if you look up the scores on ESPN & when you run your cursor over your opponents name & it does not highlight a link, you should be playing them if you think you are national championship material. They are not in your conference.

You scheduled a cupcake to run up the scre & give your players a rest.

If I were one of those who rank the teams for playoffs, I would dock them ten spots for being such chickenshits.

Georgia wasn't much better. My 1 & 2 would be Miami & Wisconsin. Fuck those fraidy cat teams.

Alabama would whack miami and wisconsin. You need some serious help.

All power schools play 1 or 2 pushovers every year. This isnt something new.

This late in the season? They should be penalized in the polls.

Yeah. Quit trolling. Alabama has 4 national championships in 8 years

They play teams like Mercer to help them out with their programs. Mercer will get paid more for that one game than they make on all their home games combined this year. This goes a long way in helping them build their athletic department.

Also, you may note that Miami played Bethune-Cookman and Wisconsin played Utah State. Both are in the same division as Mercer. Every school schedules at least one of these per season and it has been that way for a long time.

Exactly! But RealDave doesn't care about accuracy. He just wants to slam the best.
I give AL credit for scheduling a tough game first on the schedule before going to their easy peasy games. Most schools do schedule patsies the first game or two. Gives teams a chance to iron out some problems.

But this time in the season? They should be penalized as other closely ranked teams played real opponents. Sometimes you can't help a conference gme against an easy team but yto go outside for this? AL should be bumped to at least 3 or 4th.

They play teams like Mercer to help them out with their programs. Mercer will get paid more for that one game than they make on all their home games combined this year. This goes a long way in helping them build their athletic department.

Also, you may note that Miami played Bethune-Cookman and Wisconsin played Utah State. Both are in the same division as Mercer. Every school schedules at least one of these per season and it has been that way for a long time.

Exactly! But RealDave doesn't care about accuracy. He just wants to slam the best.
I give AL credit for scheduling a tough game first on the schedule before going to their easy peasy games. Most schools do schedule patsies the first game or two. Gives teams a chance to iron out some problems.

But this time in the season? They should be penalized as other closely ranked teams played real opponents. Sometimes you can't help a conference gme against an easy team but yto go outside for this? AL should be bumped to at least 3 or 4th.

Oh, so scheduling cupcakes early is ok? But late isn't? How about we penalize both and call it even? Or maybe penalize it harder early, when there is more risk?

*sigh* Okay, apparently this is not penetrating to your gray matter for some reason... Every Power 5 Conference team in America schedules by the exact same template. For many years, this was not the case and people could legitimately argue as you are, that some teams played cupcakes, etc. Since we've moved toward the playoff system, the structure of scheduling has been established so as to put everyone on a somewhat equal ground.

If you pay attention, every P5 school plays 8 conference games and 4 non-conference games with one bye week. The 8 conference games are preset, there is nothing the school can do to change that. The only area the school has any control over is the non-conference opponents. Of those 4 games, one is usually an FCS (Div I-A) team. Go look at ANY schedule of a team in a Power 5 Conference and you will find this is true. You may have a rare exception due to the fact that scheduling conflicts happen sometimes.

Because the playoffs are now being decided by committee, teams who seriously hope to compete for a spot are aware of strength of scheduling criteria and they generally attempt to schedule some quality non-conference opponents.

RealDave, I find it amusing that you give a pass to all the schools that play cupcakes for their opener, and chastise Alabama fir doing it late in the year. When is the greatest risk fir the big team? When theyhave worked out all thebugs and have 8 or 9 games of film to watch? Or opening the season? But you want to penalize the one doing it the harder way.

You're just another hater.

Fraidy cat teams?? LMAO!!!

Miami opened their season with that powerhouse opponent Bethune-Cookman. Wisconsin opened their season with a big time game against Utah State.

Alabama opened up with #3 FL State.

Haters are gonna hate. No problem at all. Its funny that so many want to whine about Alabama's few cupcakes. I guess if you can't beat us you might as well whine about something else.

Florida State? You mean that 4-6 Florida State team?
Alabama should start by playing a home and home series with real football teams.
Beating up and padding Alabama record with teams like Mercer in my opinion just does cut it this time of the year. It make their whole program look like fools. And I agree Beth Cooking school is not a team that should be scheduled by Miami but as you know the Alabama programs has played them in recent years.

Miami opened their season with that powerhouse opponent Bethune-Cookman. Wisconsin opened their season with a big time game against Utah State.

Haters are gonna hate. No problem at all. Its funny that so many want to whine about Alabama's few cupcakes. I guess if you can't beat us you might as well whine about something else.

Alabama should start by playing a home and home series with real football teams.
Beating up and padding Alabama record with teams like Mercer in my opinion just does cut it this time of the year. It make their whole program look like fools. And I agree Beth Cooking school is not a team that should be scheduled by Miami but as you know the Alabama programs has played them in recent years.

FSU was ranked #3 in the preseason polls. Mostly due to their QB who showed he was a top level QB last year. The rest of FSU's schedule can be glad they didnt have to face him.

So now, we're expected to have ESP and know how a team is going to do for the season? At the time Bama played FSU they were ranked #3 in the nation. Funny thing happens to teams we dismantle, their programs fall apart, they fire coaches, they turn to mush. So we take FSU's manhood away in the opener and here you are holding it against us?

I'll tell you what.... any of you guys are welcome to write your AD and suggest they schedule Bama.... we'll play you! Then we can see who is the better team.

*sigh* Okay, apparently this is not penetrating to your gray matter for some reason... Every Power 5 Conference team in America schedules by the exact same template. For many years, this was not the case and people could legitimately argue as you are, that some teams played cupcakes, etc. Since we've moved toward the playoff system, the structure of scheduling has been established so as to put everyone on a somewhat equal ground.

If you pay attention, every P5 school plays 8 conference games and 4 non-conference games with one bye week. The 8 conference games are preset, there is nothing the school can do to change that. The only area the school has any control over is the non-conference opponents. Of those 4 games, one is usually an FCS (Div I-A) team. Go look at ANY schedule of a team in a Power 5 Conference and you will find this is true. You may have a rare exception due to the fact that scheduling conflicts happen sometimes.

Because the playoffs are now being decided by committee, teams who seriously hope to compete for a spot are aware of strength of scheduling criteria and they generally attempt to schedule some quality non-conference opponents.
Who were Miami & Wisconsin playing while Georgia & Alabama took the day to pick on the little guys.

You can stop the biullshit. AL & GA should be reduced while teams that played ranked opponents won should move ahead.

RealDave, I find it amusing that you give a pass to all the schools that play cupcakes for their opener, and chastise Alabama fir doing it late in the year. When is the greatest risk fir the big team? When theyhave worked out all thebugs and have 8 or 9 games of film to watch? Or opening the season? But you want to penalize the one doing it the harder way.

You're just another hater.
I find it funnier than chit that you ignore playing easier teams at first has logic.

You ignore playing cupcakes at this time of year is a cop out to cheat to give your team a rest while pothers have the guts to play quality opponents.

Who were Miami & Wisconsin playing while Georgia & Alabama took the day to pick on the little guys.

You can stop the biullshit. AL & GA should be reduced while teams that played ranked opponents won should move ahead.

Miami's 4 non-cons were: Notre Dame, Bethune-Cookman (FCS), Toledo and Arkansas State (which was cancelled due to weather.)

Wisconsin had 3 non-cons and an extra bye week. Utah State, Florida Atlantic, BYU.

Georgia's non-cons were: Notre Dame, Ga. Tech, App. St. and Samford (FCS).

Alabama's non-cons: Florida St., Fresno St., Colorado St. and Mercer (FCS).

Now... the BULLSHIT that needs to stop is YOURS! It's not possible for all the "good" teams to play only other "good" teams the same weekend throughout the year for what should be blatantly obvious reasons, if you're not an absolute moron.

If anybody should be embarrassed it should be these stupid Moon Bats that voted for Obama, who was the worst President this country ever had or who voted that Slick Willy asshole or his wife.

EXCLUSIVE: Bill Clinton is facing NEW accusations of sexual assault by four women while the former president was working with a billionaire playboy and flying on his private jet nicknamed Air F**k One, claims Clinton author
  • Bill Clinton is facing accusations of sexual assault from four women, highly placed Democratic Party sources have told author Ed Klein
  • The women allege the former president assaulted them in the early 2000s, when Clinton was working with playboy billionaire investor Ron Burkle
  • The unidentified women were employed in low-level positions at the Burkle organization and in their late teens at the time of the alleged assaults
  • Clinton helped Burkle generate business and flew around the world on Burkle's private jet, which was nicknamed 'Air F**k One'
  • The 71-year-old politician has been haunted throughout his years in public office by allegations of sexual misconduct
  • Hillary Clinton allegedly offered to hire private detectives to find dirt on the new accusers, but Clinton's legal team advised against it, sources said

Read more: Bill Clinton accused of sexual assault by four women | Daily Mail Online
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Who were Wisconsin and Miami playing when Alabama opened the season against the #3 team? Oh yeah, Utah State and Bethune-Cookman.

Logic doesnt play into it. But answer this honestly, which is tougher, play a top level team ingame one or in game 10? Which is harder to plan for, a team you have seen play 9 or 10 games or a team you have not seen play with their current roster?

Last edited:

Who were Wisconsin and Miami playing when Alabama opened the season against the #3 team? Oh yeah, Utah State and Bethune-Cookman.

Logic doesnt play into it. But answer this honestly, which is tougher, play a top level team ingame one or in game 10? Which is harder to plan for, a team you have seen play 9 or 10 games or a team you have not seen play with their current roster?

A game one tough game is not that great. Lose & you have all year to prove yourself as you blame first game jitters on your loss. If you have a bunch of returners, maybe you catch that tough tewm in a state of confusion.

Lose late & your out & can't recover.

Scheduling a cupcake late is just a cop out.

I give AL credit t=for the tough opener but inb the end, it wasn't all that toighj.

Miami's 4 non-cons were: Notre Dame, Bethune-Cookman (FCS), Toledo and Arkansas State (which was cancelled due to weather.)

Wisconsin had 3 non-cons and an extra bye week. Utah State, Florida Atlantic, BYU.

Georgia's non-cons were: Notre Dame, Ga. Tech, App. St. and Samford (FCS).

Alabama's non-cons: Florida St., Fresno St., Colorado St. and Mercer (FCS).

Now... the BULLSHIT that needs to stop is YOURS! It's not possible for all the "good" teams to play only other "good" teams the same weekend throughout the year for what should be blatantly obvious reasons, if you're not an absolute moron.

When did Miami & Wisconsin play those teanms.

Most not-chickenshit schools play non conference teams early & then go into conference play. Most non chickenshit teams, if they play a non conference school late, will try for a traditionally tough school to beef up their standings. If beating quality teams up your standing, then playing cupcakes should detract. That simple.

A game one tough game is not that great. Lose & you have all year to prove yourself as you blame first game jitters on your loss. If you have a bunch of returners, maybe you catch that tough tewm in a state of confusion.

Lose late & your out & can't recover.

Scheduling a cupcake late is just a cop out.

I give AL credit t=for the tough opener but inb the end, it wasn't all that toighj.

The fact that a loss early does not count against you as badly as a loss late is simply bullshit. A loss is a loss. That has always been a savior for teams that should not have had it.

In the end it wasn't that tough? It was the #3 team in the country. The fact that their QB got hurt explains the rest of the season. Deondre Francois was named ACC Rookie of the Year and ACC Offensive Rookie of the Year. He passed for 3350 yards last year. Taking him out hurt.

Forum List

Back