Alabama, Mississippi?

Peach

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2009
“I voted for the more electable not-Romney,” he said, meaning Mr. Santorum, though adding that he “is a little heavy on the social issues.”
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/03/14/u...labama-and-mississippi-head-to-the-polls.html

I read here the longest primary in many years; I thought of the 2008 DEMOCRATIC primary. I was incorrect; this is the longest GOP primary without a knock out in a long time I gather. Ala. & Miss. are "RELEVANT".

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/03/14/u...a-and-mississippi-head-to-the-polls.html?_r=1

A win in either or even both states for Mitt Romney, unforeseeable in the polls just days ago, seemed more and more possible in the last week, and could all but wrap up the nomination.

No doubt todays primaries are pivotal for Romney - the others must win to remain viable candidates ... the Tea Party may be over as well with a Romney sweep.
Expect the unexpected? Or it'll be a boost for Romney either way?
For Romney, South Offers Opportunity as Mississippi, Alabama Vote - WSJ.com

Depending on how the south continues to go I forsee much discussion at the Convention in August.

I'm in Mississippi today...started in Meridian, now in Jackson, headed thru Vicksburg...a lot of signs for Newt and Santorum...not one Romney or Paul sign so far.

I predict Romney's going to get blown out.

Depending on how the south continues to go I forsee much discussion at the Convention in August.
Brokered convention or DISCUSSION?

To that detail I am unfamiliar with the procedure. Does the Convention need to be publicly announced as brokered or open or can that be decided upon once they are there?
If no candidate has the requisite number of delegates, it is brokered. I believe.

To that detail I am unfamiliar with the procedure. Does the Convention need to be publicly announced as brokered or open or can that be decided upon once they are there?
If no candidate has the requisite number of delegates, it is brokered. I believe.

I imagine Romney will have the number of delegates through popular vote. I think it could still go to an open format however and the delegates cast their votes for whom they believe the best candidate (winnable) is. That may be Romney. But I am not convinced at this point.

I'm still hoping that Newt pulls his southern strategy off. Whatever, it's all still good for Obama.

Just watch the first vote. If no one has a majority, it's brokered. I hope not, since that might bring in a last minute nonplayer, like Jeb or Christie. I would, however, enjoy seeing it go down to the wire, with all these goofballs spending their money bashing each other.

I'm in Mississippi today...started in Meridian, now in Jackson, headed thru Vicksburg...a lot of signs for Newt and Santorum...not one Romney or Paul sign so far.

I predict Romney's going to get blown out.

Thanks for that report. Appreciated.

Just watch the first vote. If no one has a majority, it's brokered. I hope not, since that might bring in a last minute nonplayer, like Jeb or Christie. I would, however, enjoy seeing it go down to the wire, with all these goofballs spending their money bashing each other.

Dem's have had to spread their load. That's a good thing. You haven't been able to target just one. And you've basically had to run ads that are like buckshot and you hope you hit someone.

And the longer this race continues there will be no doubt that it's been a hard fought battle and not one contender was a "shoe in" or "heir apparent".

Whoever comes out winning the Republican candidacy will be solid. Will have been thru trial and fire and Dems won't have an October surprise, because hell's bells our team has vetted themselves with" friendly" fire. Well friendlier than Axlerod and Carville coming at you.

Cheers to the candidates and to their families. This is a marathon of political marathons.

:clap2::clap2::clap2:

Naw, all we have to do is run the ads they ran against each other.

Nope.

Dave's crapping himself in Chicago. The strategy has completely fallen apart. They are scrambling now.

Internal polls really show where you are. And the "Hopey Changey" figure you see has tanked. He is flesh and blood. A human failure.

I don't think it matters. By September/October the GOP candidate could go into hiding. All that will need to be reported are statistics.

Drudge just pulled down "Romney set to win Mississippi..." Headline as Santorum leads both states so far.

Romney wins tonight no matter what happens in Mississippi or Alabama. He will be taking home at least 30-35% of the delegates.

Here is the math. Connecticut, Maryland, Delaware, California, New York, New Jersey, Utah- are winner take all states- he has huge leads in all of those states. Romney needs to win less than a third of the rest and he has enough to win the nomination. Sorry Romney haters...

Forum List

Back