Alabama is a plodding football team

ND will be the force that reverts the balance of power away from the SEC. Which Oregon coulnt get done.

People say: ND has "an SEC-type defense" . What an insult. they are better than any SEC defense with the possible exception of Florida.

ND wins when they have exceptional QB play like from in the modern era John Huarte, Joe Theismann, Tom Clements, Joe Montana, Tony Rice, Kevin McDougall and now Everett Golson.

A very QB oriented-team.

As an LSU Alum and fan, you know how I feel about Bama... but.. Bama will crush ND... like embarrassingly crush them.

Who'd ND play this year? Little Sisters of the Poor?

:lol:

Miami was one of their weak sisters who they beat 44-3???

Also punked navy in the season-opener in Dublin.

ND has 3 delay-of-game penalties on their opening series.

I thought - this season is goingto be a bitch.............................................

Who'd ND play this year? Little Sisters of the Poor?

:lol:

Miami was one of their weak sisters who they beat 44-3???

Also punked navy in the season-opener in Dublin.

ND has 3 delay-of-game penalties on their opening series.

I thought - this season is goingto be a bitch.............................................

Don't get me wrong, I hate Bama and detest Saban.... I'm really torn as I want to root for the SEC. I really have no problem with ND and I applaud their season. Their schedule was weak and I just think Bama will destroy them; they're a much more physical team.

I will be shocked if ND doesnt beat them.

The rest of the country disagrees

Alabama is favored by 10

Books post different point spreads on Alabama vs. Notre Dame - Linemakers - Sporting News

So was Texas against ND in the 1978 Cotton Bowl.

Final score ND 38 Texas 10 -- could have been worse................................................

Once ND beat USC 49 17 in the Green Jersey game I rember thinking nobody is going to come close to beatingthese guys..................................

Last edited:
Are you a AJ McCarron fan.

ND d will have a field day with that stiff...............................

When Georgia and H. Walker beat MEDIOCCRE ND to win the NC in 1980 - ND dominated the entire game.

Beat themselves.

Georgias smuck QB didnt complet a pass until the 3rd quarter.

Are you a AJ McCarron fan.

ND d will have a field day with that stiff...............................

In the BCS Championship game in January, AJ McCarron passed for 200+ yards against what has been lauded as one of the best defenses in years.

Of course, Bama can pass or run. Stack the line to stop the run and McCarron will pass. Cover the receivers deep and the run game will wear your defense down.

ND barely beat Purdue, a 6-6 team. They beat Miami soundly, but so did 4 other teams. Miami is not much to brag about. BYU ended the season 7-5, and ND had to come from behind to win by a margin of only 3 points.

And it took 3 overtimes to beat a 6-6 Pitt team.

When Georgia and H. Walker beat MEDIOCCRE ND to win the NC in 1980 - ND dominated the entire game.

Beat themselves.

Georgias smuck QB didnt complet a pass until the 3rd quarter.

I love that you try and make it sound like someone else's teams wins were somehow an accident.

Georgia beat ND in the Sugar Bowl for the National Championship. Whether they did it by miles or by a close margin is irrelevant.

Hershel Walker ran for 150 yards and 2 TDs. That is how they won. The fact that they didn't throw a completion until the 3rd quarter and still beat ND shows nothing except the Dawg's defense and running game were enough.

ND will be the force that reverts the balance of power away from the SEC. Which Oregon coulnt get done.

People say: ND has "an SEC-type defense" . What an insult. they are better than any SEC defense with the possible exception of Florida.

ND wins when they have exceptional QB play like from in the modern era John Huarte, Joe Theismann, Tom Clements, Joe Montana, Tony Rice, Kevin McDougall and now Everett Golson.

A very QB oriented-team.

I wish you were right about the balance of power shift but its just not happening

That was one of the worst beatings i've ever witnessed in a NC game.....ND should be ashamed.

'bama beat the snot out of 'em on both ends of the ball, and special teams.....And let's not even get into how ND was thoroughly outcoached.....Friggin'pathetic!

And, as a born and bred, lifelong USC Trojan fanatic, I FRIGGIN' LOVED IT!:clap2::clap2:

Last edited:

Forum List

Back