Alabama becomes the 22nd Constitutional Carry state...no permit needed to carry a gun if you are a law abiding citizen.

Every weapon carrier, whether they signed up, wish to be or not is or should look at themself as part of the militia in general, ready and able to step in as necessary for the common good. Many are actually a danger to themself and everybody around them. Legally arming on the street every thug, that has evaded criminal prosecution before the age of 18 is dumb.
All well and good - but it doesn't change the fact that "well regulated" does not, in any way shape or form, have bearing on the right keep and bear arms.

I live in a constitutional carry state, have several weapons, after being raised with weapons, trained with weapons and training others with weapons. Still, no fan of "constitutional carry". It kind of throws the whole "well regulated" part of the 2nd Amendment, right out the window. No worry for me, personally, though. I am permitted all but about 15 states. I believe everyone has a right to have a weapon to defend their home and family. I just think there should be some training and certification involve to carry them on the street.
Because you are willing to shoot your own countryman. The least qualified person to be allowed near a gun. The 2nd amendment allows the gun nuts like that to have guns. What a fucked up nation.

To be free...you need guns....lots of guns in the hands of your people.......Ukraine is learning that lesson today........people trapped in democrat party cities where the democrat party first attacks and intimidates the police and then they release the most violent gun offenders over and over again.....are learning this lesson as well...

Cool.

All well and good - but it doesn't change the fact that "well regulated" does not, in any way shape or form, have bearing on the right keep and bear arms.
As far as I'm concerned, you can keep them and bear them at the house, for protection of you, your family, and your castle or hovel as the case may be. You should be regulated as to carrying in public. I agree with most of the law enforcement organizations that have spoken out against it, but went ignored.

As far as I'm concerned, you can keep them and bear them at the house, for protection of you, your family, and your castle or hovel as the case may be. You should be regulated as to carrying in public.
So long as that regulation does not infringe on he right to keep and bear arms, sure.
The right to carry a gun does not emanate from the state, so the state does not have standing to issue, much less require, such a permit. Any such requirement is an infringement.

So long as that regulation does not infringe on he right to keep and bear arms, sure.
The right to carry a gun does not emanate from the state, so the state does not have standing to issue, much less require, such a permit. Any such requirement is an infringement.
We have freedom of religion, but it doesn't mean you can set up chairs in the middle of a downtown intersection whenever you like and hold service. Lots of rights call for requirements and regulation.

We have freedom of religion, but it doesn't mean you can set up chairs in the middle of a downtown intersection whenever you like and hold service.
Apples and oranges, and one that avoids the point I made.
A proper analogy is for a state to require permit before a person can stand on a street corner with a sign that says "Jesus Saves".

Why do you not understand the state does not have standing to issue as permit for the basic exercise of a right?

Last edited:
We have freedom of religion, but it doesn't mean you can set up chairs in the middle of a downtown intersection whenever you like and hold service. Lots of rights call for requirements and regulation.

Those are space use issues…..since a public space is used by all citizens….you do not have to get a permit o practice your religion.

Get back to us when you are required to get a permit to be a catholic, or when you want to write a book or post on a website….

The majority of police actually support people carrying guns….it is the politically appointed chiefs who tow the leftist line against carrying guns.

Again……any mandatory permit or training will become a tool of gun banning by other means…..

Apples and oranges, and one that voids the point I made.
A proper analogy is for a state to require permit before a person can stand on a street corner with a sign that says "Jesus Saves".

Why do you not understand the state does not have standing to issue as permit for the basic exercise of a right?
Voiding the point you made was the point.
Of course the state has standing in the courts of your state. Whatever made you think that state courts had no standing in state courts of your state? Next time you get a ticket, try telling the judge he has no standing and let us know how it goes.

-A- voided the point. Typo.

There you go, avoiding the point again

No. Again, I VOIDED your point, as it was a false point. "Having standing" is a legal term of art. States always have standing in their own courts. If you don't like the state's ruling, you can appeal it.

No. Again, I VOIDED your point, as it was a false point. "Having standing" is a legal term of art.
You don't understand. Perhaps I was too nuanced.

You do not have standing to issue a license to sell Star Wars toys.
In the same way, the state does not have standing to issue a license for the basic exercise of a right.
Rights are not held by the state and issued to the people; as such, states cannot issue permits for the basic exercise of those rights.

You don't understand. Perhaps I was too nuanced.

In the same way, the state does not have standing to issue a license for the basic exercise of a right.
Rights are not held by the state and issued to the people; as such, states cannot issue permits for the basic exercise of those rights.
You simply misconstrue "having standing".
1647030132819.png

You simply misconstrue "having standing".
There you go, avoidng the point again.

Why do you refuse to understand this?

There you go, avoidng the point again.

Why do you refuse to understand this?
You are trying to get around established law. You won't, unless or until laws are changed by legislation. Then a new law is in place.

And you are avoiding a point you know you cannot meaningfully respond so.
I accept your concession.
Like I said, if you do not think state courts have standing, to assert, judge and defend the laws of their state, just tell it to the judge, next time you get a ticket or are charged with a state crime. Good luck.
Here is one for you. A state is not construed to have standing to change the laws in effect in another state. Texas and Trump found this out after the 2020 election. The supreme court ruled they did not have standing and refused to hear the case.

Thank you for reinforcing my statement.
Thank you for proving you do not understand law, legal terminology, courts, or legislations. Somehow I suspect you are just one of those that would pitch it all out and start over, if you were allowed to, but since not, will only impotently post drivel.

Forum List

Back