Alabama becomes the 22nd Constitutional Carry state...no permit needed to carry a gun if you are a law abiding citizen.

If the license is easily obtained and free of charge, sure. Paying for a CCW class and the permit equate to a poll tax and poll taxes are unconstitutional because a right can't be taxed.
Poll tax is for going to the polls to vote and yes, illegal. Nothing wrong with fees for weapons permit, classes required, and certification, unless they are outrageous. Mine was something like $65.00 for 8 years, as retired military. That's not bad, but some states are high as a cat's back.

No, but I can set up chairs in a public park and hold worship services, without a permit.
As a permit holder, I get to legally carry in most public parks and like anybody else can worship where I like, but prefer home or church.

To be free...you need guns....lots of guns in the hands of your people.......Ukraine is learning that lesson today........people trapped in democrat party cities where the democrat party first attacks and intimidates the police and then they release the most violent gun offenders over and over again.....are learning this lesson as well...

Jesus christ. You gun nuts certainly get wound up about nothing.
Next you'll be complaining about gun crimes and blaming the democrats.

Wow. I can see why you favor constitutional carry. What the heck is GAT?
View attachment 614287
Plus a $10.00 FOID Firearms Ownder ID?
Jesus, how did you people lose control of that state?

Fucking Illinois. They don't even recognize my concealed carry permit. Nor does Minnesota.

I got my permit 11 years ago. No classes, a simple DD-214 emailed to the WI DOJ and $50 bucks to prove that I wasn't wanted by the FBI.

I've been shooting ever since I was 10 years old. My dad was a shooter, a hunter, a reloader, had 12 kids and brought home boxes of guns, and nobody ever had an accident. I reload for 10 different calibers, can strip almost any firearm down to the component parts and reassemble it with no leftover parts, and I shoot thousands of rounds every year in my back yard range or at the public range.

I can recite the four basic rules of firearms safety from memory, and in the 11 years I've carried a loaded Glock 19 Gen 4 with two spare 15-round magazines every day, I've never been tempted to shoot anyone.

Well, there was that one time. But I also understand that carrying a concealed weapon means that I gave up my right to be an asshole, so he lived.

I think those chiefs are looking at the revenue generated from the classes. In my state the class costs in the neighborhood of $145.00 and a renewal class every 5 years. The sheriff's department gets a cut of that. Typically, the class is taught by a deputy, so there's that

The permit fees are about $150.00 and the state police keep ALLLLLL that money. That's $150.00 Everytime you renew.

That's why police brass oppose constitutional carry.
All law enforcement organization here opposed it. Not for the money. My class was not by law enforcement.
State that look at it as am money making opportunity (and I agree, sounds like yours does) made and are making a bad mistake. People are going to have weapons. It would be better for law enforcement to know who they are dealing with and know people in general have some level of standardized minimal training in handling, safety and the laws.

All law enforcement organization here opposed it. Not for the money. My class was not by law enforcement.
State that look at it as am money making opportunity (and I agree, sounds like yours does) made and are making a bad mistake. People are going to have weapons. It would be better for law enforcement to know who they are dealing with and know people in general have some level of standardized minimal training in handling, safety and the laws.
Well no, law enforcement doesn't need to know what weapons I own, nor the extent of my capabilities with those weapons. Nosey ass cops are the reason I quit going to a free, public range and spent 800 bucks to join a private range. One day a cop observed my proficiency with my EDC and started asking my name, where I live and on the way to his vehicle he stopped to look at my license plate.

We call them "Fucking Illinois Bastards" in Wisconsin.

Don't tell me you've never heard that before. :laughing0301:

I have not, but I am a long way from Wisconsin.

Hell, I did not know that hoosier was an insult till I moved here!

Wow. I can see why you favor constitutional carry. What the heck is GAT?
View attachment 614287
Plus a $10.00 FOID Firearms Ownder ID?
Jesus, how did you people lose control of that state?

Don't blame me, those laws predate me. I do not have such a card because none of my guns are registered, and to get one I would have to register them.

Well no, law enforcement doesn't need to know what weapons I own, nor the extent of my capabilities with those weapons. Nosey ass cops are the reason I quit going to a free, public range and spent 800 bucks to join a private range. One day a cop observed my proficiency with my EDC and started asking my name, where I live and on the way to his vehicle he stopped to look at my license plate.
You have free public ranges up there? Who picks up the brass, repairs target stands, etc?

Don't blame me, those laws predate me. I do not have such a card because none of my guns are registered, and to get one I would have to register them.
If not bought through the system, I would not register them either. My brother and I both have weapons our father owned and certainly never registered. We do not have a Fire Arms Identification card requirement down here. I had not actually heard of it, until you told me your state.

You have free public ranges up there? Who picks up the brass, repairs target stands, etc?
I pick up as much brass as I can, along with my fellow range whores. Policing brass isn't an issue...lol. The one I went to is operated by the department of natural resources. It was a nice range. 100 yard rifle deck, 50 yard pistol deck, shotgun deck. Too many nosey ass cops, though .

yet I can practice my religion without a permit, I can walk down the street and talk without a permit. I can stand on the corner and tell people about Jesus without a permit.

Why should I need one to privately practice the 2nd amendment?
You’d need to ask states and local jurisdictions that require them.

The fact remains that requiring a license or permit to carry a concealed firearm is perfectly Constitutional – the Supreme Court having never invalidated such laws – and requiring a permit to carry a concealed weapon is likewise ‘Constitutional carry.’

Again, ‘Constitutional carry’ is a political contrivance of the right, having nothing to do with the Constitution, Second Amendment, or the law.

The article linked below reviews the nature of fees and expenses related to Constitutional rights:

“Nonetheless, some modest taxes might not amount to substantial burdens, as a review of taxes and fees on other constitutional rights illustrates. Taxes based on the content of speech are unconstitutional, regardless of their magnitude. But this is a special case of the principle that discrimination based on certain kinds of characteristics — race, sex, religiosity, or the content or viewpoint of speech — is unconstitutional. Setting aside these special areas of constitutionally forbidden discrimination, and setting aside poll taxes, which were constitutional until the Twenty-Fourth Amendment forbade them, other kinds of taxes, fees, and indirect costs imposed on the exercise of constitutional rights are often permissible.”

^^^^
Another lie.
Carrying a concealed weapon in Florida is illegal – hence the requirement for a license.

The purpose of the license is to avoid being subject to criminal prosecution for carrying a concealed weapon.

License-holders are also exempt from the state’s three-day wait requirement when purchasing a new gun; a license-holder may take his new gun home the same day of purchase.

Moreover, license-holders are allowed to keep a gun in their car at work even if their employer prohibits guns on the work property.

Florida’s License to Carry a Concealed Weapon or Firearm isn’t going anywhere.

Why should I need one to privately practice the 2nd amendment?
Like all rights, the Second Amendment right is subject to limits, regulations, and restrictions by government consistent with Second Amendment jurisprudence.

Among those lawful, Constitutional regulations is that a permit or license must be obtained to carry a concealed firearm.

Those who believe such laws violate the Second Amendment are of course at liberty to seek to have permit requirement laws repealed through the political process or challenge permit requirement laws in court through the judicial process.

Otherwise, nonsense such as ‘Constitutional carry’ is a ‘solution’ in search of a problem that doesn’t exist; it’s an example of the aspirational/political second amendment, a bad-faith partisan effort to garner votes and placate the conservative base.

Those who believe such laws violate the Second Amendment are of course at liberty to seek to have permit requirement laws repealed through the political process or challenge permit requirement laws in court through the judicial process.

Otherwise, nonsense such as ‘Constitutional carry’ is a ‘solution’ in search of a problem that doesn’t exist; it’s an example of the aspirational/political second amendment, a bad-faith partisan effort to garner votes and placate the conservative base.

So, we are seeking to have permit requirement laws repealed through the political process, as you suggest and yet you call it a solution in search of a problem.

I do not agree that it is not a problem, I should not need the government's permission to exercise my freedom as long as doing so does not in any way impinge on the freedom of anyone else.

If I have a gun on my person or not has zero bearing on your or anyone around you. Requiring the government's permission to do so is no different than needed the government's permission to say a prayer silently in public

Like all rights, the Second Amendment right is subject to limits, regulations, and restrictions by government consistent with Second Amendment jurisprudence.
Among those lawful, Constitutional regulations is that a permit or license must be obtained to carry a concealed firearm.
When did the USSC rule that carry permits are constitutional?

Just one of the numerous benefits of being a rural landowner. I can go to the range without leaving my property.

Forum List

Back