Alabama becomes the 22nd Constitutional Carry state...no permit needed to carry a gun if you are a law abiding citizen.

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
To be free...you need guns....lots of guns in the hands of your people.......Ukraine is learning that lesson today........people trapped in democrat party cities where the democrat party first attacks and intimidates the police and then they release the most violent gun offenders over and over again.....are learning this lesson as well...

To be free...you need guns....lots of guns in the hands of your people.......Ukraine is learning that lesson today........people trapped in democrat party cities where the democrat party first attacks and intimidates the police and then they release the most violent gun offenders over and over again.....are learning this lesson as well...

I live in a constitutional carry state, have several weapons, after being raised with weapons, trained with weapons and training others with weapons. Still, no fan of "constitutional carry". It kind of throws the whole "well regulated" part of the 2nd Amendment, right out the window. No worry for me, personally, though. I am permitted all but about 15 states. I believe everyone has a right to have a weapon to defend their home and family. I just think there should be some training and certification involve to carry them on the street.

Yup. My home state just keeps getting better…

I live in a constitutional carry state, have several weapons, after being raised with weapons, trained with weapons and training others with weapons. Still, no fan of "constitutional carry". It kind of throws the whole "well regulated" part of the 2nd Amendment, right out the window. No worry for me, personally, though. I am permitted all but about 15 states. I believe everyone has a right to have a weapon to defend their home and family. I just think there should be some training and certification involve to carry them on the street.

Sorry.....any mandatory training will become the tool the left will use to ban guns........that is a simple fact.

Considering that constitutional carry doesn't even increase gun accidents or crime, there is no need to mandate a tool that will empower the gun grabbers.

Sorry.....any mandatory training will become the tool the left will use to ban guns........that is a simple fact.

Considering that constitutional carry doesn't even increase gun accidents or crime, there is no need to mandate a tool that will empower the gun grabbers.
Like always, left too paranoid about guns in general and the right too permissive about guns in general, but only "possibly" too paranoid about the left's irrational fears. Years ago, I had no difficulty getting a permit, not any onerous costs, or bizarre hoops to jump through. I am a believer in training and certification. I carry, daily if out and about. I am still mindful of some of the stupid crap I have seen on ranges, know, some people have no business carrying in public.

Like always, left too paranoid about guns in general and the right too permissive about guns in general, but only "possibly" too paranoid about the left's irrational fears. Years ago, I had no difficulty getting a permit, not any onerous costs, or bizarre hoops to jump through. I am a believer in training and certification. I carry, daily if out and about. I am still mindful of some of the stupid crap I have seen on ranges, know, some people have no business carrying in public.

Yeah......lucky you.......that won't last if you mandate the training....everything you say was easy for you, will become expensive, onerous and will make it impossible for normal people to own and carry a gun for self defense ......

I too believe in training.....as much as you can get.......I also understand the left, and that if you give them mandatory training, it will be used to deny Americans the Right to own and carry a gun....

I live in a constitutional carry state, have several weapons, after being raised with weapons, trained with weapons and training others with weapons. Still, no fan of "constitutional carry". It kind of throws the whole "well regulated" part of the 2nd Amendment, right out the window
"Well regulated" modifies "militia".
The right to keep and bear arms is held by "the people".
Not the militia.
Not the people in the militia.
The people.
Thus, "well regulated" is irrelevant in a discussion regarding the right to keep and bear arms.

22 down, 28 to go

"Constitutional carry"

lol

A ridiculous political contrivance having nothing to do with the Constitution or law.

Requiring a permit to carry a concealed firearm is likewise Constitutional carry, in no manner violating the Second Amendment.

Yeah......lucky you.......that won't last if you mandate the training....everything you say was easy for you, will become expensive, onerous and will make it impossible for normal people to own and carry a gun for self defense ......

I too believe in training.....as much as you can get.......I also understand the left, and that if you give them mandatory training, it will be used to deny Americans the Right to own and carry a gun....
Normal people can afford it here. The people that cannot afford it, have not taken the classes, learned or re-familiarized themselves with the laws, regulation, governing use, defining self-defense. etc can sometimes get themselves into trouble and harm others, like those idiots in Georgia, doing "life without parole". They are the same people that do not keep a relationship with a competent lawyer and the lawyer's card in their wallet, same people that do not carry increased liability insurance due to carrying, are not dues paying members of an association of carriers, with legal assistance, that keep up with the laws, gives training and educational material, etc. Carrying, like other "freedom" comes with responsibilities and many may not consider the downside.
I think it ought to be available at reasonably low expense in all states and cities. It is not, but should be. Saying no training necessary, we don't need to know what to expect from you and don't care (which is what the constitutional carry laws really say) is stupid. Just my opinion.

"Well regulated" modifies "militia".
The right to keep and bear arms is held by "the people".
Not the militia.
Not the people in the militia.
The people.
Thus, "well regulated" is irrelevant in a discussion regarding the right to keep and bear arms.
Every weapon carrier, whether they signed up, wish to be or not is or should look at themself as part of the militia in general, ready and able to step in as necessary for the common good. Many are actually a danger to themself and everybody around them. Legally arming on the street every thug, that has evaded criminal prosecution before the age of 18 is dumb.

Forum List

Back