Al Qaeda's structure.

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by PatekPhilippe, Jan 16, 2010.

1. PatekPhilippe

PatekPhilippe Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,200
    I'm curious to see what people's opinions are on Al Qaeda and their structure.

Are they just a bunch of whacko's who act in the name of Bin Laden or are they a highly organized terrorist group with a complex hierarchy to include sophisticated intelligence gathering, recruiting, ideoligical and security apparatuses.

Please feel free to make your case with links to what effects your opinion.

2. XXI Pium

XXI Pium 21st Century Patriot

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Your question should not be about Al Qaeda and its works but whether is it a real organization or not.

3. PatekPhilippe

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,200
    Make your case.....you have an open forum here.

4. XXI Pium

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4
    I'm a skeptic regarding Al Qaeda, it's an odd organization that was/is seemingly convenient for Blair and Bush/Obama. Don't you notice every time wherever Al Qaeda seems to just pop out of nowhere, it's where our leaders want to go? If Al Qaeda was ever real, it was just a mujaheddin group that fought the Soviets when the Soviets invaded Afghanistan but then again there were 1000 other mujaheddin groups fighting at the same time too.

5. CMike

CMike Zionist, proud to be

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,408
    They are highly organized otherwise they wouldn't have been able to pull off the first WTC attack, 911, the NWA bombing attack, etc.

They probably have also gotten money and support from state sponsors.

I would find it very difficult to talk about their hierarchy or prove it since they never sent me an organizational chart.

6. rightwinger

rightwinger Paid Messageboard Poster Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +45,530
    I think its a little of both. Not anything near the organization of 9-11. Their communications are under surveilance. Their support in the Islamic world is waning. Their finances are in shambles. They are hunted wherever they set up shop.
    It doesn't mean Al Qaeda is not a threat. They can still launch attacks on a smaller scale. But their days as a worldwide organization of terror are numbered

7. B L Zeebub

B L Zeebub Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +75
    They are not as sophisticated or as structured as the IRA, but they dont have to be.

There hierarchy does appear to use the same cell system when in contact with the cannon fodder .

8. PatekPhilippe

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,200
    Good points. However I think they have evolved since the days of fighting the Soviet. I d agree that they were just a bunch of losely connected mujahadeen warriors during that time with an extremely rich fighter among them. But the groups who came together, followers of bin Laden and Egyptian Islamic Jihad, in 1988 began a far more sinister chapter in the transformation of the mujahadeen, Zawahiri's terrorist experience and bin Laden's money.

9. XXI Pium

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Do you know what Mujaheddin means in Arabic? It literally means "freedom-fighter". ;)

10. PatekPhilippe

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,200
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/34890929/ns/world_news-washington_post//

Read this article. I believe they nailed Al Qaeda dead on.....a highly sophisticated terror organization. B.L.Zeebub is correct in his assessment...they keep the fodder away from the true circles of power. I also agree to a certain extent, with rightwinger but I think he underestimates their reach and power to attack us. As evidence of this I willcite the underwear bomber and the attack on the CIA in Khost.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2010