Al Qaeda Beheads British Hostage in Mali

Vel

Platinum Member
Oct 30, 2008
Tennessee
Al Qaeda Beheads British Hostage in Mali - International News | News of the World | Middle East News | Europe News - FOXNews.com

Al Qaeda Beheads British Hostage in Mali
Wednesday, June 03, 2009
A British man being held hostage in Mali has been executed, his captors said Wednesday, prompting strong condemnation from Britain of a "barbaric" act.
Edwin Dyer was one of four European tourists kidnapped on Jan. 22 as they returned from a music festival.
Messages posted on Islamic Web sites indicated that they were being held by Al Qaeda in the Islamic Maghreb (AQIM), a 300-strong Islamist terror group that operates in the desert borderlands of Mali, Algeria, Niger and Mauritania.
Despite intense behind-the-scenes negotiations by British and local officials in Mali, the hostage-takers claimed that they had carried out their threat to kill Dyer.
Gordon Brown said there was "strong reason" to believe that this was true. "I utterly condemn this appalling and barbaric act of terrorism," the Prime Minister said. "My thoughts are with Edwin Dyer’s family. I offer them the condolences of the whole country."
Dyer, who had been working in Austria and spoke fluent German, was on vacation in West Africa with German travel operator Oase Reisen. He was abducted, along with Warens and Gabriela Greiner, a Swiss couple, and Marianne Petzold, a German woman, near the border with Niger after attending the "Festival in the Desert," a celebration of music and nomad culture at Anderamboukane in Mali.
Their convoy of 4x4 vehicles was ambushed by armed men, who shot out the tires of the first car, containing the four tourists. A second jeep containing three more tourists was hit by bullets, but the occupants were unhurt and the vehicle managed to do a U-turn and escape.
The hostage-takers then carried out a mock execution, fir

I found it interesting that when I checked CNN, CBS and MSNBC that they had no mention of this story. They did however have a cute story about the Obama's dog and a story about regulating fat truck drivers.

Warning... The front page image shows a picture of Mr. Dyer taken after his capture. Those with empathy will feel the despair in that picture.

And yet if any of us were to fart in a terrorists prison cell we would be accused of torture.:evil:

the saudis just beheaded a native a few days ago....nothing was said to them either

Let's see. Obama is hanging out with the Saudi King as I type. He said this morning that he would seek the king's wisdom and counsel before his speech. Do you think he'll mention it?

Beheading is still better than many other methods of death.

Looks to me like it might hurt a little,, what say you? idiot?

Actually, compared to other forms of death, beheading is by far the least painful. Once the spinal column is severed most of the pain vanishes, then the brain suffocates very quickly. Name any other form of death, and it would be more painful, guaranteed.

Actually, compared to other forms of death, beheading is by far the least painful. Once the spinal column is severed most of the pain vanishes, then the brain suffocates very quickly. Name any other form of death, and it would be more painful, guaranteed.

Being vaporized by a hydrogen bomb.

Tsar_photo11.jpg

Being vaporized by a hydrogen bomb.

Tsar_photo11.jpg

I thought so to, and even knowing the truth would still prefer it. But the thing is, time is relative, so to you it would feel like an eternity of each layer of cells being burnt off before finally getting to your brain, since your brain would be on the last layers.

Any other bits of minutia you would like to share before we get back to how fucked up these people are ?

Forum List

Back