Al Qaeda Beheads British Hostage in Mali

And don't forget that most beheadings are not guillotine clean... it is not a quick sever.... it is and can be a long and painful way to die.. so yes, to me it is shocking (in terms of emotion towards the thought of it.. not that these asshole terrorists do it) and disgusting

Technically, yes. This is why I am not sure they were "beheading" as they claim, more likely killing then severing the head for effect. Terrorism is more about image and shock value than anything else, so likely they were doing other things to actually kill their victims.

You're suggesting that there is something more shocking than the image of someone having their head cut off with a knife? Or am I misunderstanding you?

To some people, yes, even I don't see it as shocking at all. Seeing someone with their internal organs spread about the room while they are kept alive, now that's shocking to me. However, beheading isn't the method of killing here, for beheading is not as painful, however, cutting into a lot of tissue until they die, now that would be painful but it is not the same as beheading. Severing the head from a dead body is even less shocking to me.

I would continue this discussion because we clearly have a fundamental disagreement, but I'm starting to find the depth of topic strangely uncomfortable, so I'll move on and let anyone else take it up who cares to do so.

And don't forget that most beheadings are not guillotine clean... it is not a quick sever.... it is and can be a long and painful way to die.. so yes, to me it is shocking (in terms of emotion towards the thought of it.. not that these asshole terrorists do it) and disgusting

In which case it wouldn't be beheading, which has become a rally call. The death would occur long before the head was severed.

give it up,, her minds made up! remember she voted against Palin based on rumor! self admitted,, in "case it might be true" :eusa_whistle:

give it up,, her minds made up! remember she voted against Palin based on rumor! self admitted,, in "case it might be true" :eusa_whistle:

Funny, I didn't vote against (or for) anyone. Just didn't see either candidate as good enough to represent me, for varying reasons.

Nice derail attempt though, and decent spin. I give you an "E". Now, show any real beheadings and I will show you an almost painless death. So far all your points have been other forms of killing followed by the head being severed, nothing more.

Funny, I didn't vote against (or for) anyone. Just didn't see either candidate as good enough to represent me, for varying reasons.

Nice derail attempt though, and decent spin. I give you an "E". Now, show any real beheadings and I will show you an almost painless death. So far all your points have been other forms of killing followed by the head being severed, nothing more.

just an attempt to show them the delusional person you really are.. you are caught in an untenable situation and now want to parse what beheading is.. and you think people are dumb enough to swallow that crap? :lol::lol::lol:

In which case it wouldn't be beheading, which has become a rally call. The death would occur long before the head was severed.

No kitten.. it is still beheading.. and there are historical records of beheadings going wrong in England.. where it took multiple blows and was not an instant death.... which is why, as a matter of fact, that some royalty would actually have family pay for a 'more professional' executioner and a 'more guaranteed' one shot kill with a supremely sharpened heavy axe that was more purposely designed for the task

With such 'botched' or 'unprofessional' beheadings, death does NOT come 'long before' the severing.. and it is quite well noted in many instances that it is both gruesome and agonizing for the 'victim'

But nice try

No kitten.. it is still beheading.. and there are historical records of beheadings going wrong in England.. where it took multiple blows and was not an instant death.... which is why, as a matter of fact, that some royalty would actually have family pay for a 'more professional' executioner and a 'more guaranteed' one shot kill with a supremely sharpened heavy axe that was more purposely designed for the task

With such 'botched' or 'unprofessional' beheadings, death does NOT come 'long before' the severing.. and it is quite well noted in many instances that it is both gruesome and agonizing for the 'victim'

But nice try

Once upon a time long time ago,, (and I have no idea how valid this story is) I saw a documentary on TV the History Channel or A&E, and someone had published an experiment during the French Revolution.. A Cleanly severed head still has the ability to think reason and feel for about 15 seconds.. evidently a victim was supposed to blink and let them know they were still in there!
t

Beheading is still better than many other methods of death.

yea they could have cut his balls off and shoved them down his throat......that would have been better....

Kitty what i wanna know is....HOW THE HELL DO YOU KNOW?....have you experienced all these deaths you say are PAINLESS and BETTER?....

Last edited:
Beheading is still better than many other methods of death.

Depends on how it's done, I imagine. A swift cut with a sharp sword is probably painless while the terrorists usually saw back and forth with a small knife while the victim chokes and gags in pain until the spinal cord is severed.

There appears to be a prescribed methodology for this act.

Weapon

In most of the videos, the captives are decapitated with an 8-10 inch serrated knife. The person is held down while the knife is used in a slicing fashion, cutting the front of the victim’s neck first, followed by a combination of circular and sawing motions. A ceremonial knife is the weapon of choice for ritual murder; it is symbolically significant for the leader to draw blood from the victim. Across cultures, the role of the sacrificer is an honored and privileged position and maintains status within the group. In this case the sacrificer is an enforcer, a holy warrior implementing Allah’s law. The terrorists are ritually required to cut the necks of their enemies as proscribed in the Quran, thus transforming the execution into a holy rite.

Perlmutter - Mujahideen Blood Rituals

It also states that...

The ritual pattern begins with a statement from the executioner reciting the reason for the death sentence, which usually alludes to current political events, is teeming with religious language justifying the violence and praise for Allah, and often contains future threats. The victim then has the opportunity for last words; sometimes he confesses to being a spy or whatever the group has coerced him into confessing, or pleads with the audience to acquiesce to the kidnappers’ demands and secure his release. At this point the head is cut off with a small knife by the leader, sometimes while other participants hold the victim down; the head is then held in the air by the hair and placed on the victim’s back to shouts of Allahu Akbar, the battle cry of the mujahideen.

This seems to suggest 2 things.

1. The victim is alive and conscious when the beheading starts.
2. The victim is probably able to feel what is happening for a considerable period. Worse still, he or she knows what is happening.

So much for the single blow painlessly severing the spinal chord.

And yet if any of us were to fart in a terrorists prison cell we would be accused of torture.:evil:

Why are you so afraid of a handfull of fundimentalist religious assholes?

Prison is for convicted criminals ..aren't you refering to suspected terrorists?

See...here in the U S you are supposed to be presumed innocent until a jury of your peers decides you are not. Knee jerk fear mongerers don't get to make that determination.

That's the theory anyway...at least it was until a few sick fucks like Cheney showed up.

Have I mentioned how much I hate neo cons?

And yet if any of us were to fart in a terrorists prison cell we would be accused of torture.:evil:

Prison is for convicted criminals ..aren't you refering to suspected terrorists?

See...here in the U S you are supposed to be presumed innocent until a jury of your peers decides you are not. Knee jerk fear mongerers don't get to make that determination.

That's the theory anyway...at least it was until a few sick fucks like Cheney showed up.

Lecturing a Brit about trial by jury. Classic.

Lecturing a Brit about trial by jury. Classic.

Remember that little diatride I wrote about egglanders being pompus assholes? Know it alls? Superior??? That's a laugh. If it wasn't for my ancestors y'all would be specken de doich. It is you that aughta chill on the lecture circuit.

At this point the head is cut off with a small knife by the leader, sometimes while other participants hold the victim down; the head is then held in the air by the hair.

So if you want to spoil their fun, shave your head.

they don't behead you with a gulliotine idiot.. they saw your head off and you are allowed to scream in agony from start to finsish.. I cannot believe there is an individual on this earth so dumb as to say ...................

Um .. lopping off from the back of the neck does not allow you to "scream" at all.

I guess lopping off from the front (thereby cutting the windpipe and voice box / vocal chords) doesn't allow you to scream either. So I wonder which direction they hacked away at Nick Berg from, and why he screamed if it's all so painless.

The video shows Berg surrounded by five men wearing ski masks and shemaghs. A lengthy statement is read aloud. The statement says that Berg's killing was in direct retaliation for the abuse of prisoners by U.S. troops at Abu Ghraib prison. The masked men then converge on Berg and decapitate him with a knife. A scream can be heard as men shout the Takbir: "Allah Akbar".

Nick Berg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

When I first started watching the beheading vids, the terrorists would use a machete or a katana to sever heads. The last one I saw, it looked like they used a pocket knife. So, I can understand what KK is saying. The person is usually screaming even before the cutting starts. The screams never really change pitch (like from regular I'm so afraid scream to blood curdling scream). I think that it may seem more painful than it really is.

There is a video of a Serbian soldier severing someone's head. I was sure that when you feel the knife make the first cut, you would do everything to get out of the position. But it was like he didn't really know that they were cutting. He was screaming with his mouth closed and when they cut open his esophagus, it sounds like he opens his mouth.

Um .. lopping off from the back of the neck does not allow you to "scream" at all.

I guess lopping off from the front (thereby cutting the windpipe and voice box / vocal chords) doesn't allow you to scream either. So I wonder which direction they hacked away at Nick Berg from, and why he screamed if it's all so painless.

The video shows Berg surrounded by five men wearing ski masks and shemaghs. A lengthy statement is read aloud. The statement says that Berg's killing was in direct retaliation for the abuse of prisoners by U.S. troops at Abu Ghraib prison. The masked men then converge on Berg and decapitate him with a knife. A scream can be heard as men shout the Takbir: "Allah Akbar".

Nick Berg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

When I first started watching the beheading vids, the terrorists would use a machete or a katana to sever heads. The last one I saw, it looked like they used a pocket knife. So, I can understand what KK is saying. The person is usually screaming even before the cutting starts. The screams never really change pitch (like from regular I'm so afraid scream to blood curdling scream). I think that it may seem more painful than it really is.

There is a video of a Serbian soldier severing someone's head. I was sure that when you feel the knife make the first cut, you would do everything to get out of the position. But it was like he didn't really know that they were cutting. He was screaming with his mouth closed and when they cut open his esophagus, it sounds like he opens his mouth.

well why dont you and Kitty go out and try some of these,and then get back here and tell us which ones are the best....hey inquiring minds...

I swear to fricking frogs on my severed head libtards are unbelievable sometimes,, what in the sam hill do they put in that kool aid!

Forum List

Back