Al Gore challenged the 2000 election, leading to nasty feelings that survive to this day

If Trump challenges it, it may be on perfectly reasonable grounds.

Or it may because he has the temperament and personality of a spoiled, petulant 15-year old boy.

And he is the only presidential candidate in my lifetime about whom I can say that.

You weren't paying attention to Obama and his whining about everything that went wrong was George Bush's fault. And that went on for at least 4 years.

The egregious whining I've seen was from Republicans who refuse to accept that Bush was a president for 8 years and affected the world beyond his stay in office. According to them the clock rewinded back to 2000 at midnight on Jan 21 2009.

Great Recession on Jan 22 2009 ? OBAMA-DID-IT DONCHA-KNOW!!!

Bush continued the housing policies that were put in place by Clinton and that was his mistake. He then gave Obama TARP to fix the problem and Obama pissed it away on green energy programs and then laughed when asked about all of those shovel ready jobs that weren't there.
Bush doubled down on the Clinton housing and made it a key initiative of his, to add 5 million more poor people in to homes....

You are COMPLETELY INCORRECT on Obama using TARP to fund his Stimulus plan....they were TOTALLY DIFFERENT programs.

You are correct that it was not Tarp, but the ARRA that Obama pissed away billions of dollars on.

Last edited:
Al Gore challenged the 2000 election, leading to nasty feelings that survive to this day.

The problem started when the networks started calling Florida for Al Gore, based on polls closing in the eastern seaboard part of the state. But the panhandle is in Central Time, and the polls were still open. The Bush team called the networks and told them their predictions of a Florida victory for Gore were premature.

And then it turned out that Bush won Florida, by a wafer-thin margin of some 600 votes. And that decided the election.

Al Gore insisted that he had won the popular vote, and therefore Bush should concede the election. I watched him do this on national TV and the reporter looked at him with disgust. Gore was being a sore loser, a man who knew the Electoral College was the way the Constitution set up the Presidential election, but then demanded a rule change when he didn't win that way.

Al Gore, refusing to concede an election he had lost fair and square, challenged the count in four prescincts, all controlled by the Democratic Party, where he knew the Democratic Party could control the recount. A farcical process followed, whereby paper ballots were analyzed for "hanging chads" and other proof that the ballots had been counted wrong.

The Florida Supreme Court got involved. Bush asked them to put an end to the recount so that a winner could be declared but they refused. So then the United States Supreme Court stepped in, and put an end to it.

Democrats since then have insisted that Bush "stole the election" and this created a toxic atmosphere in Washington that lasted throughout the Bush administration.

The media paid for another recount, but when they finally counted up the votes and found out Bush did actually win the election, they buried the results to perpetuate the lie that Bush did not actually win the election.

For Democrats to attack Trump NOW, for saying he might challenge this election if he loses, as some sort of threat to the American Way of Life, Mom, and Apple Pie, is the height of hypocrisy. They obviously expect the media to NOT remind the American people that the Democrats did this just 16 years ago, and maybe they think the American people are too stupid to remember.
An idiot rewrites history with no knowledge of the law and true history.

Al Gore challenged the 2000 election, leading to nasty feelings that survive to this day.

The problem started when the networks started calling Florida for Al Gore, based on polls closing in the eastern seaboard part of the state. But the panhandle is in Central Time, and the polls were still open. The Bush team called the networks and told them their predictions of a Florida victory for Gore were premature.

And then it turned out that Bush won Florida, by a wafer-thin margin of some 600 votes. And that decided the election.

Al Gore insisted that he had won the popular vote, and therefore Bush should concede the election. I watched him do this on national TV and the reporter looked at him with disgust. Gore was being a sore loser, a man who knew the Electoral College was the way the Constitution set up the Presidential election, but then demanded a rule change when he didn't win that way.

Al Gore, refusing to concede an election he had lost fair and square, challenged the count in four prescincts, all controlled by the Democratic Party, where he knew the Democratic Party could control the recount. A farcical process followed, whereby paper ballots were analyzed for "hanging chads" and other proof that the ballots had been counted wrong.

The Florida Supreme Court got involved. Bush asked them to put an end to the recount so that a winner could be declared but they refused. So then the United States Supreme Court stepped in, and put an end to it.

Democrats since then have insisted that Bush "stole the election" and this created a toxic atmosphere in Washington that lasted throughout the Bush administration.

The media paid for another recount, but when they finally counted up the votes and found out Bush did actually win the election, they buried the results to perpetuate the lie that Bush did not actually win the election.

For Democrats to attack Trump NOW, for saying he might challenge this election if he loses, as some sort of threat to the American Way of Life, Mom, and Apple Pie, is the height of hypocrisy. They obviously expect the media to NOT remind the American people that the Democrats did this just 16 years ago, and maybe they think the American people are too stupid to remember.
I lived through it, asshole. Where were you? Under a rock?

If Trump challenges it, it may be on perfectly reasonable grounds.

Or it may because he has the temperament and personality of a spoiled, petulant 15-year old boy.

And he is the only presidential candidate in my lifetime about whom I can say that.

You weren't paying attention to Obama and his whining about everything that went wrong was George Bush's fault. And that went on for at least 4 years.
Comparing the public behaviors of those two men couldn't provide a clearer contrast.

Trump's fans love his behavior - the attacks, the insults, the name-calling, the non-stop hyperbole.

Obama is the opposite of that, and I think we all know it.

No. I was paying attention. For instance, I paid attention when the laws of Florida kicked in when the narrowness of the outcome mandated a recount.

No. I was paying attention. For instance, I paid attention when the laws of Florida kicked in when the narrowness of the outcome mandated a recount.
Yes, I know that. But Al Gore didn't accept the results of the recount either. You know this, and you know that everything I said is true. Stop being a liar for the Democrats. You will lose your soul, and it isn't worth it.

And you of course wrote Gore a very nasty letter for trying to get the Military vote tossed right?

The difference between Gore and Trump is that Gore never called the election, "rigged."

If in this election, there were very close states that Trump lost and challenged for recounts, that would not be an issue. Such challenges arise in elections. The problem is Trump's undermining the election process by claiming the election is rigged. That's not the same as claiming the election is close enough to warrant a recount, as Gore did in Florida.

Even worse for Trump is his claim that the election is rigged even before any votes were cast. That paints him as a whiny sore loser-to-be who can't accept that America is picking Hillary for president over him. If he can't blame himself for losing, he'll blame the process.

Yes, I know that. But Al Gore didn't accept the results of the recount either. You know this, and you know that everything I said is true. Stop being a liar for the Democrats. You will lose your soul, and it isn't worth it.
Gore's lawsuit and contention of the election happened after Election Day. Then Gore offered a gracious concession. How much of that sounds similar to Trump's rants?

i somehow doubt the veracity of your tale, i am afraid, guvnor.

you need to support your lore with at least factoids.
You must be 15-years-old or younger if you don't remember this. You might as well say the Civil War didn't happen, chump.
so, no support for your "version" of events, champ?

i knew it. thx 4 sharing.

The difference between Gore and Trump is that Gore never called the election, "rigged."

If in this election, there were very close states that Trump lost and challenged for recounts, that would not be an issue. Such challenges arise in elections. The problem is Trump's undermining the election process by claiming the election is rigged. That's not the same as claiming the election is close enough to warrant a recount, as Gore did in Florida.

Even worse for Trump is his claim that the election is rigged even before any votes were cast. That paints him as a whiny sore loser-to-be who can't accept that America is picking Hillary for president over him. If he can't blame himself for losing, he'll blame the process.
The system IS rigged. The Democrats are going all out to steal this election with illegal aliens, convicted felons and the dead. Millions of fraudulent votes may be cast for Hillary Clinton and the Democrats. I warned you in an earlier thread that Trump and his followers would not allow Democrats to get away with voter fraud this time, as Republicans have in the past. Why are you surprised by this?

The system IS rigged. The Democrats are going all out to steal this election with illegal aliens, convicted felons and the dead. Millions of fraudulent votes may be cast for Hillary Clinton and the Democrats. I warned you in an earlier thread that Trump and his followers would not allow Democrats to get away with voter fraud this time, as Republicans have in the past. Why are you surprised by this?
and you wonder why your "version" of events is not credible.

what a nutcase.

on topic awesomeness: there will not be millions of fraudulent votes cast for hillary and the democrats.

You must be 15-years-old or younger if you don't remember this. You might as well say the Civil War didn't happen, chump.

Florida election recount - Wikipedia

Izzat so.

Link?

Are you aware that Al Gore, as the still-sitting vice-president, squashed a protest attempt in the House to award him the Presidency when it came time to certify the vote?

Izzat so.

Link?

Florida election recount - Wikipedia
you should read it, compare it with your fairy tale presented in the OP, and find the differences. then come back and apologize for spreading bullshit.

Did a Fairy tell you this, or do you have any evidence of this actually happening?

and you wonder why your "version" of events is not credible.

what a nutcase.

on topic awesomeness: there will not be millions of fraudulent votes cast for hillary and the democrats.
BOMBSHELL! Rigged election? Democrat operative admits MASSIVE voter fraud

Izzat so.

Link?

Are you aware that Al Gore, as the still-sitting vice-president, squashed a protest attempt in the House to award him the Presidency when it came time to certify the vote?

Izzat so.

Link?

She don't need no stinkin link, just ask her!!!!!!!

Izzat so.

Link?

Izzat so.

Link?
http://www.nytimes.com/2001/01/07/us/over-some-objections-congress-certifies-electoral-vote.html

Forum List

Back