Al Franken 2000 on McCain: I don’t buy the war hero thing. Anybody can be captured

If Al Franken were at the top of the polls for the Democrats, it would be really fucking scary.

Just sayin' ...

Do you not think it scary that Cankles is at the top of the polls for Dems?

Far scarier than Al Franken.

The inability of conservatives to understand equivalencies has always baffled me

What a comedian said 15 years ago is the same thing as what the leading republican for president said yesterday
Yeah and liberals went after Paula Deen for using the n word 40 years ago. Your point is?

Hello. Are you deflecting from a deflection thread?

Go ahead and go after Franken. See if you can get him booted from the senate for a joke he made while being a professional comedian. It should be fun.
Number 4 that is defending Franken. What just yesterday anyone saying that about a veteran was bad. Now it's only if you are a president nominee that doesn't have a chance. Hey nutty, what about Obama closing a war memorial to war veterans, but let a protest about illegal immigration take place. That is the lowest of the low.

Where was Trump when Al Franken was in the Iraq war zone with the USO?
Did Franken dodge sniper fire like Hillary? Or did he fly in the Iraq war zone to eat thanksgiving dinner on thanksgiving like Bush did? Since you are trying to defend a person that said the same as Trump?

Are you calling me a liar for pointing out that Franken went to Iraq with the USO?

Here is absolute proof that Dims are the world's biggest hypocrites:

So the media, liberal hacks and so called Republicans have been bashing Donald Trump all day for speaking the truth about songbird John McCain, the often referred to ‘war-hero.’ Funny, Al Franken, a far left liberal Democrat said something very similar about McCain when he first ran for president in 2000.

I doubt I could cross the line and vote Republican. I have tremendous respect for McCain but I don’t buy the war hero thing. Anybody can be captured. I thought the idea was to capture them. As far as I’m concerned he sat out the war.

That’s actually worse than what Donald Trump said earlier today. Yet, did you hear the media or GOP go nuts and bash Al Franken for his comments about John McCain in 2000? Of course you didn’t, because they were just shrugged off by a left wing lunatic who would eventually become a Senator in the nutball state the call Minnesota.
Wrong too.

If Trump says anything even slightly controversial, the MSM, Ds, and establishment Rs will dump on him.

Right....the man is an "entertainer." He has no intention of winning the GOP nomination. He will continue to say ridiculous things, all the while, hurting the GOP. he is a walking, talking, egomaniac. If the GOP does not play nice with him, expect a "Ross Perot II"
Now we see that the RW is excusing Trump by comparing him to Al Franken when he was a stand-up comedian. Ok....I'll agree with that comparison folks.

You RWnuts can think you can tell Americans what they're supposed to think about Trump's attack on McCain,

but, sad day for you, most of them will think for themselves.

That's what the left is afraid of... Hence the DT scorched earth weekend. So predictable and desperate.

If Trump says anything even slightly controversial, the MSM, Ds, and establishment Rs will dump on him.

Right....the man is an "entertainer." He has no intention of winning the GOP nomination. He will continue to say ridiculous things, all the while, hurting the GOP. he is a walking, talking, egomaniac. If the GOP does not play nice with him, expect a "Ross Perot II"
It is amazing how many on the Left repeat exactly what they hear from the lib media.

Stop listening to NPR, surfing left wing websites, and watching all the broadcast and cable TV news networks. They make you dumb. Try expanding your information sources.

It is amazing how many on the Left repeat exactly what they hear from the lib media.

Stop listening to NPR, surfing left wing websites, and watching all the broadcast and cable TV news networks. They make you dumb. Try expanding your information sources.

BE AFRAID! BE VERY AFRAID! Donald doesn't like losers and he certainly will not take losing well. Even if he loses the nomination, he will still have the support of a Republican fringe. The GOP is in a very bad way. Either Trump wins their nomination or expect a third party.

What to do? What to do?

Yeah and liberals went after Paula Deen for using the n word 40 years ago. Your point is?

Go ahead and go after Franken. See if you can get him booted from the senate for a joke he made while being a professional comedian. It should be fun.
Number 4 that is defending Franken. What just yesterday anyone saying that about a veteran was bad. Now it's only if you are a president nominee that doesn't have a chance. Hey nutty, what about Obama closing a war memorial to war veterans, but let a protest about illegal immigration take place. That is the lowest of the low.

You dumb shit. It isn't defending Franken. Franken can do that himself. I suspect that within the next day or two, he'll issue some kind of statement regarding the words he said 15 years ago when he was a comedian. I expect that he's going to make the appropriate overtures toward McCain.

I haven't even banged on Trump for this. I actually think he regretted it the moment it left his lips. But...he's such an ass that he won't admit that. The guy has never publicly admitted making a mistake.

He overstated.....and actually thinks that McCain is a hero....in my opinion. He isn't even upset at McCains record regarding veterans. That's is all just cover for his stupid remarks. The guy is a big mouth. Period. He'll probably donate to McCain's reelection campaign.

My entire purpose here is to mock any and all USMB members who have said that they support the guy for PRESIDENT. You are all dumb fucks and a big mouth is all you need to cast your vote.
I support Carson, but liberals crapping all over yourselves over Trump is very amusing.
You never answered my question about Obama closing the war memorial, and letting protesters use it. Clinton didn't close it, so Obama went out of his way to hurt our great veteran's. What a piece of shit, and you support him.

Idiot. Obama's hands were not on that decision. Grow up.
Bullshit Obama made the decision on closing that memorial. He is just an example if just how bad liberals hate our troops.

You dumb shit. It isn't defending Franken. Franken can do that himself. I suspect that within the next day or two, he'll issue some kind of statement regarding the words he said 15 years ago when he was a comedian. I expect that he's going to make the appropriate overtures toward McCain.

I haven't even banged on Trump for this. I actually think he regretted it the moment it left his lips. But...he's such an ass that he won't admit that. The guy has never publicly admitted making a mistake.

He overstated.....and actually thinks that McCain is a hero....in my opinion. He isn't even upset at McCains record regarding veterans. That's is all just cover for his stupid remarks. The guy is a big mouth. Period. He'll probably donate to McCain's reelection campaign.

My entire purpose here is to mock any and all USMB members who have said that they support the guy for PRESIDENT. You are all dumb fucks and a big mouth is all you need to cast your vote.
I support Carson, but liberals crapping all over yourselves over Trump is very amusing.
You never answered my question about Obama closing the war memorial, and letting protesters use it. Clinton didn't close it, so Obama went out of his way to hurt our great veteran's. What a piece of shit, and you support him.

Bullshit Obama made the decision on closing that memorial. He is just an example if just how bad liberals hate our troops.

Please.....you are embarrassing yourself. Tone down the stupid a bit.

Please.....you are embarrassing yourself. Tone down the stupid a bit.
How do you feel supporting someone who did that to our veterans? I'm glad people like yourself are bringing back those facts, because you are scared shitless over Trump. We can use it against Hillary, keep up the good work.

The inability of conservatives to understand equivalencies has always baffled me

What a comedian said 15 years ago is the same thing as what the leading republican for president said yesterday

During a government shut down, functions are identified as essential or non essential By law, only essential functions can remain open

What makes you think memorials are essential functions?

So the media, liberal hacks and so called Republicans have been bashing Donald Trump all day for speaking the truth about songbird John McCain, the often referred to ‘war-hero.’ Funny, Al Franken, a far left liberal Democrat said something very similar about McCain when he first ran for president in 2000.

I doubt I could cross the line and vote Republican. I have tremendous respect for McCain but I don’t buy the war hero thing. Anybody can be captured. I thought the idea was to capture them. As far as I’m concerned he sat out the war.

That’s actually worse than what Donald Trump said earlier today. Yet, did you hear the media or GOP go nuts and bash Al Franken for his comments about John McCain in 2000? Of course you didn’t, because they were just shrugged off by a left wing lunatic who would eventually become a Senator in the nutball state the call Minnesota.
Stuart Smalley was a comedian in 2000, not a politician running for office.

During a government shut down, functions are identified as essential or non essential By law, only essential functions can remain open

What makes you think memorials are essential functions?
Why did Obama open it up for an illegal immigrant protest? Anyway Clinton didn't close it when the government shut down during his presidency. You really should quit blindly supporting Obama.

Stuart Smalley was a comedian in 2000, not a politician running for office.

There was no Stuart Smalley sketch regarding this, unlike the Tina Fey sketch on Palin that you liberals to this day think is really Palin.

You're all nuts, you rally are.

:lol:

I bet you $20 if Franken said that again tomorrow it wouldn't shoot him to #1 among Democrat candidates the way it did for Trump. You nutters are a sick bunch.
And that from a Democrat??? Your party was savage in attacking McCain when he ran against Obama, and now that you can use him him to further your cause, he's suddenly your darling...

This is a joke...

The most savage and dirty campaign McCain has gone through was against Bush... Disgusting behaviour.

John Kerry has spoken about this and not surprisingly has McCain's back. There is an element in the GOP party who swiftboat honorable veterans.

Trump is a chickenhawk with a silver spoon in his month...
Records contradict Trump s stated reason for avoiding Vietnam War service - NY Daily News

The GOP can be real scum like that

al franken is a comedian and what he said was tongue-in-cheek political satire.

"McCain but I don’t buy the war hero thing. Anybody can be captured. I thought the idea was to capture them.
As far as I’m concerned he sat out the war
."

not sure which liberals actually defended that statement, do you have a link?

anyone old enough to remember knows in 2000 most liberals were quite respectful of john mccain.

You may be right. Al Franken is a joke!

Forum List

Back