Al Franken 2000 on McCain: I don’t buy the war hero thing. Anybody can be captured

Here is absolute proof that Dims are the world's biggest hypocrites:

So the media, liberal hacks and so called Republicans have been bashing Donald Trump all day for speaking the truth about songbird John McCain, the often referred to ‘war-hero.’ Funny, Al Franken, a far left liberal Democrat said something very similar about McCain when he first ran for president in 2000.

I doubt I could cross the line and vote Republican. I have tremendous respect for McCain but I don’t buy the war hero thing. Anybody can be captured. I thought the idea was to capture them. As far as I’m concerned he sat out the war.

That’s actually worse than what Donald Trump said earlier today. Yet, did you hear the media or GOP go nuts and bash Al Franken for his comments about John McCain in 2000? Of course you didn’t, because they were just shrugged off by a left wing lunatic who would eventually become a Senator in the nutball state the call Minnesota.
Not shocking that disparaging remarks about McCain by democrats are so easily found.
The hypocrisy of the left knows no bounds.

al franken is a comedian and what he said was tongue-in-cheek political satire.

"McCain but I don’t buy the war hero thing. Anybody can be captured. I thought the idea was to capture them.
As far as I’m concerned he sat out the war
."

not sure which liberals actually defended that statement, do you have a link?

anyone old enough to remember knows in 2000 most liberals were quite respectful of john mccain.
You mean the way you just defended him. Since he is a democrat, it was just political satire?

I bet you $20 if Franken said that again tomorrow it wouldn't shoot him to #1 among Democrat candidates the way it did for Trump. You nutters are a sick bunch.
We don't kiss the ass of a president who closed a war monument to veterans, but opened it up for an illegal immigrant march. You are the sick ones.
It was closed because of the GOP and your former leader Rafael Cruz. In fact Obama had many of the illegal immigrants at that protest arrested, while leaving the veterans be.

But if it makes you feel better to play pretend, then go ahead. It's been a rough few years for you nutters. :itsok:
Lol, come back from fairy land.
Yet everything I said was true! :laugh:

Maybe if I say it while wearing a shitty toupee you'll believe me. :rofl:

Here is absolute proof that Dims are the world's biggest hypocrites:

So the media, liberal hacks and so called Republicans have been bashing Donald Trump all day for speaking the truth about songbird John McCain, the often referred to ‘war-hero.’ Funny, Al Franken, a far left liberal Democrat said something very similar about McCain when he first ran for president in 2000.

I doubt I could cross the line and vote Republican. I have tremendous respect for McCain but I don’t buy the war hero thing. Anybody can be captured. I thought the idea was to capture them. As far as I’m concerned he sat out the war.

That’s actually worse than what Donald Trump said earlier today. Yet, did you hear the media or GOP go nuts and bash Al Franken for his comments about John McCain in 2000? Of course you didn’t, because they were just shrugged off by a left wing lunatic who would eventually become a Senator in the nutball state the call Minnesota.

So in 2000 Al Franken said something stupid?

That is your proof about all Democrats?

Something said 15 years ago.

By that standard, your posts would mean that every Conservative is a flaming idiot.
Number 3 democrat to defend Franken.

15 years ago Franken was a comedian making political humor
Yesterday, Trump was the leading Republican presidential candidate

I guess that is the same thing
Al Franken is a leading elected official in the Democratic Party.
Did he ever apologize, btw?
Dems are the biggest hypocrites to walk the planet.
So you're saying you agree with Franken? Because if not, then you'd be quite the hypocrite! :rofl:

Political humor is provocative. It is expected from comedians

It is not expected from the man Republicans want to make commander in chief

If Trump says anything even slightly controversial, the MSM, Ds, and establishment Rs will dump on him.

Right....the man is an "entertainer." He has no intention of winning the GOP nomination. He will continue to say ridiculous things, all the while, hurting the GOP. he is a walking, talking, egomaniac. If the GOP does not play nice with him, expect a "Ross Perot II"

I bet you $20 if Franken said that again tomorrow it wouldn't shoot him to #1 among Democrat candidates the way it did for Trump. You nutters are a sick bunch.
We don't kiss the ass of a president who closed a war monument to veterans, but opened it up for an illegal immigrant march. You are the sick ones.
It was closed because of the GOP and your former leader Rafael Cruz. In fact Obama had many of the illegal immigrants at that protest arrested, while leaving the veterans be.

But if it makes you feel better to play pretend, then go ahead. It's been a rough few years for you nutters. :itsok:
Lol, come back from fairy land.
Yet everything I said was true! :laugh:

Maybe if I say it while wearing a shitty toupee you'll believe me. :rofl:
The Obama administration let the protest proceed, but wouldn't allow veterans visit. You supported it.

If Trump says anything even slightly controversial, the MSM, Ds, and establishment Rs will dump on him.

Right....the man is an "entertainer." He has no intention of winning the GOP nomination. He will continue to say ridiculous things, all the while, hurting the GOP. he is a walking, talking, egomaniac. If the GOP does not play nice with him, expect a "Ross Perot II"

I thought he was a U.S. senator. Trump is only one of 16 candidates for the Republican nomination.

Political humor is provocative. It is expected from comedians

It is not expected from the man Republicans want to make commander in chief
So you're saying Al Franken is a joke? I'd agree!
Remind me what donald trump's position in the GOP is.

I bet you $20 if Franken said this tomorrow Democrats would applaud him and back him and the state of Minnesota shows they would vote for him. You libs are a sick bunch.

OH?....Who the hell is Al Franken. He's a former comedian who got elected to US Senate in state that prides itself on being an extra large version of Vermont.
The reason why Trump is rising in the polls is because the establishment republicans are lining up against Trump by spouting typical PC bullshit.

Forum List

Back