Al Bores Movie Bombs at Box Office

CockySOB said:
I just checked and the film is scheduled to hit Kerasotes theaters in the midwest around June 16, amid other big-ticket films like Fast & Furious 3: Tokyo Drift, The Lake House, and the new Garfield movie for kids. Showtimes and seat allocation isn't available yet, but should be available the week before the film hits the theaters.

I maintain that the film will fizzle faster than a Democrat's chances in the 2008 POTUS election.....
All we can really do now is wait. Based on the numbers, and the fact that I think your looking at this from a purely partisan perspective, I think you are wrong, but only time will tell.

Are they seriously making another Garfield movie. ugg....

GunnyL said:
That they aren't data dinks trying to backhandedly assure everyone of Gore's popularity with some concocted figures?
You've resorted to using only personal attacks. I win.

If the numbers are wrong, then put your money where your mouth is and prove it.

Mr.Conley said:
All we can really do now is wait. Based on the numbers, and the fact that I think your looking at this from a purely partisan perspective, I think you are wrong, but only time will tell.

Are they seriously making another Garfield movie. ugg....

You've resorted to using only personal attacks. I win.

If the numbers are wrong, then put your money where your mouth is and prove it.

You win? WHAT do you win? First off, that was not a personal attack aimed at YOU specifically. I guess I should say "I win" because you are reading something that isn't there?

You don't win because you haven't convinced me of your clairvoyance with facts and evidence. Just supposition.

I don't win because you refuse to see your guesswork for what it is.

This is completely incredible. Mr. Conley, there are a lot of people here who are blatantly unaware of how the movie business is run. I feel for you in this argument.

ok everybody:

A good comparison for Al Gore's flick is March of the Penguins. The popular documentary about Penguins narrated by Morgan Freeman. Both are low-budget documentaries, and both opened in 4 theaters on their first weekend.

During that 4 theater first weekend, March of the Penguins drew $34,373 per theater for a total of $137,492. Over the course of 23 weeks, it increased the number of theaters and eventually made $77,413,017. Compare that to its cost--and the fact that it is a documentary--and it was an ENORMOUS commercial success.

An Inconvenient Truth made $91,828 per theater for a total of $490,860 its opening weekend. That is pretty incredible. If it follows the same trend as March of the Penguins...it will be an even bigger success and will make Al Gore and even richer man than he already is.

Most of the commentary in this thread has just been absolutely inane.

Mr.Conley said:
Show me where I'm wrong instead of just saying it and then I will believe you.

I explained in detail where I thought you were wrong. Let's start with predicting an unknown. Your analysis is based on the assumption that "all will go according to plan." Plans go awry all the time.

Be that as it may, feel free to find something else to argue with me about. In reality, fail or succeed, the movie will be nothing more to me than a barometer of those who want to willingly subject themselves to liberal propaganda, regardless the number.

Otherwise, I could really care less. I wouldn't pay to go see political propaganda as entertainment regardless which side was showing it.

Latest figures, for weekend starting June 2, 2006:

An Inconvenient Truth (2006)

Weekend Total $1,331,508
Weeks 2
Screens 77
Weekend screen avg. $17,292
Cumulative box offic $1,912,482

**Btw, it's showing at 77 screens, not 4.

Abbey Normal said:

Weekend Total $1,331,508
Weeks 2
Screens 77

Really tearing into them today, huh? Remind me not to piss you off until at least tomorrow.;)

Abbey Normal said:

Weekend Total $1,331,508
Weeks 2
Screens 77

Might be the case... you have a :link:

An Inconvenient Truth may not be getting many headlines when the weekend ends, but Al Gore's documentary on global warming had a fantastic opening. The movie earned over $120,000 on Wednesday and Thursday, and another $280,000 or thereabouts over the three day weekend, all from four theaters. That gives it a per theater average of $70,585, based on current estimates, easily the highest score of 2006, and comfortably in the all-time top 50. Mr. Gore can't seem to catch a break though... all the talk on Tuesday will about the movie that landed at number two in the Per Theater chart - X-Men grabbed a very respectable $28,000 per theater. On the other hand, when it comes to legs, An Inconvenient Truth will likely be one of the stand-out movies of the Summer.

Movie An Inconvenient Truth
Gross $281,330
Theatres 4
Per Theater $70,333
Total $404,879
Days 5

http://www.the-numbers.com/index.php

As with his desire to be President, not many people give a damn about what the deranged Al Bore has to say

We can only hope the delusional one enters the race and faces the Red Queen Hillary

jillian said:
:funnyface

Are the giving away tickets on "Dead" Air America?

Oh, sorry - only listeners can win prizes on the radio. "Dead" Air America needs to get listeners first.

Can "Dead" Air America even afford to buy the tickets?

MtnBiker said:
I'm less concerned about how much the movie generates in revenue, but how many people will actually take the moive as gospel.

There is a sucker born every minute

However, given how Al Bores movie is doing one could say there is a sucker born every hour

red states rule said:
Are the giving away tickets on "Dead" Air America?

Oh, sorry - only listeners can win prizes on the radio. "Dead" Air America needs to get listeners first.

Can "Dead" Air America even afford to buy the tickets?

Oh...I'm sorry, did you say something?

Thought not.

Truth sucks, huh? :wine:

Forum List

Back