Al Bores Movie Bombs at Box Office

Mr.Conley said:
If the only response you have is that I'm a liberal because people are ignoring the facts, then my respect for conservatives has just been greatly diminished.

Your right partisan hacks have no need for something as trivial as "facts" or "evidence"

What facts or evidence? You call numbers multiplied by the number of theaters you arbitrarily chose is a true indicator of ANYTHING? Let's do a little adding and inject some reality into you supposition.

That movie may very well sell at the rate you are assuming in the NE and the Left Coast. But it isn't going to do anywhere near that everywhere in between.

Used to be liberals just did the subliminal selling of their ideals through the movies. Crap like this and Farenheit 911 are just blatant propaganda vehicles for the left, and revisionist history, to boot.

jasendorf said:
Sometimes I think the Republicans play stupid just to lull us into a false sense of security. I mean, can this many Republicans be so dumb as to not understand that a movie which is only being shown in 4 theaters isn't going to pull in $20 million in 4 days?

I think they do this just so we'll keep thinking they're dumb.

Sometimes we play stupid just to keep you simpleton libs intrigued.

But I'm beginning to get the notion that when it comes to stupid, YOU ain't playing.

GunnyL said:
Sometimes we play stupid just to keep you simpleton libs intrigued.

But I'm beginning to get the notion that when it comes to stupid, YOU ain't playing.

I'm rubber, you're glue... :blah2:

Gunny,
I'm not discussing the movie; I'm discussing its financial success.

Second, the numbers are credible. I'm not assuming anything. I got them from www.rottentomatos.com. They are the actual gross and number of theatres. Gross per theatre is the best way to measure the movies comparative success because obviously, since a movie shown at 4 theatres doesn't have the same audience size as one viewed at 6,000+ theatres. It's an accurate way to compare movies and judge future profits when the feature is expanded nationwide. It's common procedure, not some vast left-wing conspiracy.

btw, why not wait to you have actually seen the movies before judging it. Thats only reasonable.

jasendorf said:
Sometimes I think the Republicans play stupid just to lull us into a false sense of security. I mean, can this many Republicans be so dumb as to not understand that a movie which is only being shown in 4 theaters isn't going to pull in $20 million in 4 days?

I think they do this just so we'll keep thinking they're dumb.
I've never seen anything like this. Half the people here are just denying reality. $91,000 per theatre is amazing.

Mr.Conley said:
I've never seen anything like this. Half the people here are just denying reality. $91,000 per theatre is amazing.

It's the whole "fuzzy math" thing for them. Which, in regular people terms is just "math." They don't get it.

Mr.Conley said:
Gunny,

Second, the numbers are credible. I'm not assuming anything. I got them from www.rottentomatos.com. They are the actual gross and number of theatres. Gross per theatre is the best way to measure the movies comparative success because obviously, since a movie shown at 4 theatres doesn't have the same audience size as one viewed at 6,000+ theatres. It's an accurate way to compare movies and judge future profits when the feature is expanded nationwide. It's common procedure, not some vast left-wing conspiracy.

btw, why not wait to you have actually seen the movies before judging it. Thats only reasonable.

Last question first: Anything about Al Gore could be nothing BUT boring. And don't think one thin dime of mine is going to support anything of his.

Your little comparison theory sounds like the way McNamara counted casualties during the Vietnam War.

jasendorf said:
It's the whole "fuzzy math" thing for them. Which, in regular people terms is just "math." They don't get it.

Sure we get it. Based on some bullshit predictions, y'all call us ignoring reality while you are all the while trying to invent it.

GunnyL said:
Last question first: Anything about Al Gore could be nothing BUT boring. And don't think one thin dime of mine is going to support anything of his.

Your little comparison theory sounds like the way McNamara counted casualties during the Vietnam War.

Gunny... I've got to hand it to you... when you choose a wrong position, you hold it at all costs! You truly are a Marine's Marine!

GunnyL said:
Sure we get it. Based on some bullshit predictions, y'all call us ignoring reality while you are all the while trying to invent it.

Let's see... the dollar figures presented came from a site called "neoconcontrolcenter"...

the number of theaters which ran the show are undisputed.

Division isn't difficult. You should try it.

Mr.Conley said:
Gunny,

Wrong. If the movie were an actual success, it would have been shown nationwide rather than being a "straight to DVD" release. As it stands, the theater chains decided that the film was only fit for specialty marketing and as such was not shown under general release across the nation.

The numbers you cite may be credible, but your interpretation of those numbers is not. Comparative analysis is only valid when you can show the smaller sample set is a valid indicator of the larger distribution, and you failed to do that. In fact, I would contend that it would be impossible for you to prove that the small sample set of theaters which showed the film are in any way proportional to the set of public theaters nationwide.

jasendorf said:
Gunny... I've got to hand it to you... when you choose a wrong position, you hold it at all costs! You truly are a Marine's Marine!

My position is no more wrong than yours is right, but at least I know bullshit when I smell it.

You aren't even smart enough to know whether you're wrong or right to begin with. You're just agreeing with Conley because he's arguing the left-handed argument. I haven't seen such blatant ass-kissing since I retired.

jasendorf said:
Let's see... the dollar figures presented came from a site called "neoconcontrolcenter"...

the number of theaters which ran the show are undisputed.

Division isn't difficult. You should try it.

When I want to do some guesswork, I will.

CockySOB said:
Wrong. If the movie were an actual success, it would have been shown nationwide rather than being a "straight to DVD" release. As it stands, the theater chains decided that the film was only fit for specialty marketing and as such was not shown under general release across the nation.

The numbers you cite may be credible, but your interpretation of those numbers is not. Comparative analysis is only valid when you can show the smaller sample set is a valid indicator of the larger distribution, and you failed to do that. In fact, I would contend that it would be impossible for you to prove that the small sample set of theaters which showed the film are in any way proportional to the set of public theaters nationwide.
Incorrect, its a building rollout. They small and expand coverage across the nation over a few weeks. It should be found nationwide in a week or two. They do this all the time with smaller movies ie. My Big Fat Greek Wedding.

Obviously the movie is not going to pull in $300 million; however, while we can't predict the exact dollar figure, we can accurately predict whether the movie will succeed and make some ballpark figures. The movie just needs to stay above about $10,000 upon national distribution to succeed, and if it's pulling in about $91,000 at the theatres it's open at, then I'm not really worried. I then did a few calculations placing the movie with a similar, but smaller, distribution them X-Men to arrive at the 50-80 million dollar figure.

Mr.Conley said:
Incorrect, its a building rollout. They small and expand coverage across the nation over a few weeks. It should be found nationwide in a week or two. They do this all the time with smaller movies ie. My Big Fat Greek Wedding.

Obviously the movie is not going to pull in $300 million; however, while we can't predict the exact dollar figure, we can accurately predict whether the movie will succeed and make some ballpark figures. The movie just needs to stay above about $10,000 upon national distribution to succeed, and if it's pulling in about $91,000 at the theatres it's open at, then I'm not really worried. I then did a few calculations placing the movie with a similar, but smaller, distribution them X-Men to arrive at the 50-80 million dollar figure.

Let's see if I can predict the retorts to this...

1) MBFGW was a flop.
2) Numbers??? You're using NUMBERS??? Shame on you... we know its a flop becuase it's from Al Gore!
3) The midwest is to the coasts what Reagan is to Stalin! Nobody from Phily to Vegas will watch this POS!

jasendorf said:
Let's see if I can predict the retorts to this...

1) MBFGW was a flop.
2) Numbers??? You're using NUMBERS??? Shame on you... we know its a flop becuase it's from Al Gore!
3) The midwest is to the coasts what Reagan is to Stalin! Nobody from Phily to Vegas will watch this POS!

Little slow aren't you? Those replies were ALREADY posted, dumbass.

Mr.Conley said:

I just checked and the film is scheduled to hit Kerasotes theaters in the midwest around June 16, amid other big-ticket films like Fast & Furious 3: Tokyo Drift, The Lake House, and the new Garfield movie for kids. Showtimes and seat allocation isn't available yet, but should be available the week before the film hits the theaters.

I maintain that the film will fizzle faster than a Democrat's chances in the 2008 POTUS election.....

Perhaps Al would have made more money if he had produced this flick instead. I would have gone to see it!

:rotflmao:

al-gore-chatroom111.jpg

Forum List

Back