Airport Body Scanners

And although we fought using guerilla tactics, that isn't the same as terrorism. Franklin had not been exposed to women and children being targeted and slaughtered.

Though half the problem was the fact that the British military treated American households as their own. You could be killed or thrown in jail for refusing to provide any British soldier with room and board.

Exactly, and that brings into question the whole idea of British humour being "dry". Had they been wetter would we not have had to use the tactics of primates? And what's wrong with monkeys anyway that they've been maligned this way. They aren't the link to anything, leave them alone! BBQ sounds really good right now. Mmmm.

That's right. Buses still run (and they're ridiculously expensive, I might add) and you can always drive. Or walk. Or ride a horse.

I would like to take this opportunity to remind everyone.....Abraham Lincoln, who was Republican but who has somehow become the lefty Prez. du jour, suspended habeas corpus during wartime. So did Roosevelt.

Benjamin Franklin was an interesting and intelligent guy, but he wasn't a god. Perfect democracy and freedom is just as much a myth as perfect communism.

I don't know what Abe Lincoln illegally suspending habeas corpus has to do with this thread, but you're correct that he did.

That's right. Buses still run (and they're ridiculously expensive, I might add) and you can always drive. Or walk. Or ride a horse.

I would like to take this opportunity to remind everyone.....Abraham Lincoln, who was Republican but who has somehow become the lefty Prez. du jour, suspended habeas corpus during wartime. So did Roosevelt.

Benjamin Franklin was an interesting and intelligent guy, but he wasn't a god. Perfect democracy and freedom is just as much a myth as perfect communism.

I don't know what Abe Lincoln illegally suspending habeas corpus has to do with this thread, but you're correct that he did.

People are whining about being "subjected" to scanning, and pissing and moaning about how badly (they still get to fly) we treat Muslim travellers...not by actually stopping them from traveling, but because we're nervous about them. So if you can't see the relevance, there's not much I can do for you.

People are whining about being "subjected" to scanning, and pissing and moaning about how badly (they still get to fly) we treat Muslim travellers...not by actually stopping them from traveling, but because we're nervous about them. So if you can't see the relevance, there's not much I can do for you.

Well being subjected to excessive searches at an airport is not the same as having your President illegally take away your Constitutional protections. You have a choice to go into the airport, you don't have a choice if the President suspends habeas corpus illegally.

War's hell. When you have America-hating idiots insisting that we provide the same privileges to terrorists, and try them in our own civil courts, providing them with all the rights that American citizens have, you take what precautions you have to do to protect the safety of the people until the threat has subsided.

Don't worry, though. Obama doesn't give a shit. He wants to turn our enemies loose.

Good one less person to worry about flying and taking a seat I might want.

Lets let airplanes get blown up cause you feel security is unimportant.

There isn't one thing they've done since 9/11 that would have prevented 9/11. The box cutters were planted on the plane by the cleaning crew, many of whom were illegals. All they've done is find a way to hassle the innocent so that they stupidly feel safe. The truth is that the thing preventing another 9/11 is the passenger's. They know better now and won't let it happen again.

I never heard that the cleaning crew planted bo xcutters for the hijackers for 9/11...you got any links on that?

Well being subjected to excessive searches at an airport is not the same as having your President illegally take away your Constitutional protections. You have a choice to go into the airport, you don't have a choice if the President suspends habeas corpus illegally.

Dude, you are using the word excessive improperly. If you have gone through security at any time after 9/11 you have implicitly agreed to at least a strip search. Just because it hasn't happened to you, doesn't mean it isn't happening.

To me, if the option is strip search or walk through a scanner that will render me naked. I'm taking the scanner. I hate the delay of even taking my shoes off let alone taking all my clothes off. The people looking at the scanner will be so jaded after their first shift, your nudity will hardly matter to them. Unless you have two dicks they'll be immune to whatever they see.

My point is you are subject to a more excessive and invasive search now. This would actually be an improvement in both security and invasiveness of proposed searching.

I hope they do...I plan to have fun withthe screeners

Go through, do a jerking off motion as I walk through it.

Maybe a wiggle, do a little a dance, pose like the statue David

Be creative!

Dude, you are using the word excessive improperly. If you have gone through security at any time after 9/11 you have implicitly agreed to at least a strip search. Just because it hasn't happened to you, doesn't mean it isn't happening.

To me, if the option is strip search or walk through a scanner that will render me naked. I'm taking the scanner. I hate the delay of even taking my shoes off let alone taking all my clothes off. The people looking at the scanner will be so jaded after their first shift, your nudity will hardly matter to them. Unless you have two dicks they'll be immune to whatever they see.

My point is you are subject to a more excessive and invasive search now. This would actually be an improvement in both security and invasiveness of proposed searching.

That's not the option though. The option, for now, is metal detector or scanner. If they find something suspicious in the scanner they're still going to strip search you, the same way they would if the metal detector continually goes off. It's an undue invasion of privacy on a massive scale, and I certainly won't be taking part in it if it becomes mandatory in all airlines.

when i went through fort lauderdale this past weekend they had a cool machine...blew little bursts of air that detect explosive material...first time I ever saw it

I hate the puffer....it takes too long.

yeah, it did...I asked the guy what would happen if I ripped one while the machine puffed air.

He just laughed and I went on my way

They actually had one of these body scanners when I traveled recently. I can't remember which airport. But they did have a sign that said you could opt out if you wanted to and go through the metal detector.

That's not the option though. The option, for now, is metal detector or scanner. If they find something suspicious in the scanner they're still going to strip search you, the same way they would if the metal detector continually goes off. It's an undue invasion of privacy on a massive scale, and I certainly won't be taking part in it if it becomes mandatory in all airlines.

Then you don't need to fly.

New Topics

Forum List

Back