Obama's foreclosure plan

Stupid people fell for the scam. People should be smarter than that. I pay my house payments on time. Where is my mortage help.?

It's a damn joke.

Republicans, analysts question Obama's foreclosure plan - CNN.com

"Obama's response to critics: The plan will not support irresponsible homeowners."

LOL. Irresponsible. LMAO. How the hell do you get to owning more for your house than it is worth without being irrespnsible?

What a joke.

Bro - you need to actually do some research. You could have made every single payment on your mortgage perfectly on time and still owe more than your hose is worth because your home has plummeted in value through no fault of your own.

Plus predatory lending... why this country STILL allows a variable rate mortgage is beyond me.

Stupid people fell for the scam. People should be smarter than that. I pay my house payments on time. Where is my mortage help.?

It's a damn joke.

Stop bitching already. All I hear is fucking bitching everywhere - it's so goddamned sickening. "Well, I made all my fucking payments on time. Where's my help??"

Hey, asshole, if we don't do something to shore up the housing market soon, this economy is going to be a fucking cakewalk. Shoulda, woulda, coulda, it's been done - we need to fix it because this economy is hurting EVERYONE.

It's a damn joke.

You won't get any help. It will be you who will have to help pay for the stupidity of those who borrowed over their means, and the greedy banks that pushed it on them, and the liberal pelosi, reid, obama plan that is going to take your money to give to them.

Last edited:

"Obama's response to critics: The plan will not support irresponsible homeowners."

LOL. Irresponsible. LMAO. How the hell do you get to owning more for your house than it is worth without being irrespnsible?

What a joke.

Fairly simple.

You bought a house at the top of the market, and as the market value of the house erodes, what you owe on the house exceeds its market value.

That could easily have happened to people who bought houses recently in some areas -- including people who put 20% down and got a conforming standard 30 year fixed rate.

When, in some areas the market values of homes has dropped 50%, people who bought their homes with conforming mortgages ten years ago could EASILY find themselves owing more on their homes than their market values.

Their banks could theoretically call in their loans despite the fact that they put money down, paid their mortgage every month, and want to stay it it, too.

That's no joke. That's a family tragedy.

And those people SHOULD be protected from foreclosure, too, don't you think?

What a joke.

In reality--owing more than what the house is currently worth is the biggest problem we are seeing today. Overbuilt areas--homeowners with good intentions, good credit, good income bought homes at the high mark--when property values were at their highest--over the last couple of years. The housing buddle burst--just like the stock market during 2000/2001--property values dramatically dropped leaving owners owing more than what their home is currently valued at.

They cannot refinance to a lower rate, because the banks require 20-30% equity in their homes to do that. They may have excellent credit, & the ability to re-pay the loan but the bank will refuse because of the devaluation factor. So they are stuck. Now if they lose their jobs because of this recession--they are backed into a corner & end up walking out. This is the problem today. It wasn't because they were irresponsible--they simply just bought at the wrong time--not knowing that a collapse in housing values was around the corner.

The irresponsible were the ones that did in fact buy homes they could not afford. But, let's point the finger where it belongs. Our Federal Government--whose policies with Freddie/Fannie on September 30, 1999 reduced credit requirements for homeowners to qualify for a loan. Also in this bill was the no down payment. This in order so minorities & lower income could buy a home. It all fell apart because banks would loan money to people who could never qualify for a typical 30 year fixed rate loan, in our governments insistance that (everyone deserves homeownership policy). , regardless of their ability to re-pay the loan. The sub-prime mortgage crisis insued & then collapsed--leaving the above honest people in the ringer.

Because it was these irresponsible people & our enept federal government management of Fannie/Freddie that is directly responsible for property values collapsing. In fact, Freddie/Fannie is GROUND ZERO for all the bail-outs we have seen, the collapse of the housing market, property values, bail-outs for Wall Street, & also directly responsible for our unemployment figures right now.

Last edited:

What a joke.

Okay, now that is really a stupid statement. Many people are upside down on their mortgages for the simple fact that housing prices have crashed over the last 18 to 24 months. Don't you read the news?

It's a damn joke.

People who took on bigger mortgages than they could handle are the stupid ones. That is much different from your original post concerning people owing more than their homes are now worth.

What a joke.

Fairly simple.

You bought a house at the top of the market, and as the market value of the house erodes, what you owe on the house exceeds its market value.

That could easily have happened to people who bought houses recently in some areas -- including people who put 20% down and got a conforming standard 30 year fixed rate.

When, in some areas the market values of homes has dropped 50%, people who bought their homes with conforming mortgages ten years ago could EASILY find themselves owing more on their homes than their market values.

Their banks could theoretically call in their loans despite the fact that they put money down, paid their mortgage every month, and want to stay it it, too.

In theory, but that would only be shooting themselves in the foot. So long as the mortgage is paid, the bank isn't going to take the house from anyone.

What a joke.

Ever hear of a thing called Predatory Lending?

Ever hear of a thing called being responsible for what you agree to?
Ever hear of a thing called looking into something before you agree to it?

What a joke.

Fairly simple.

Quite simply, NO

It's a damn joke.

Stop bitching already. All I hear is fucking bitching everywhere - it's so goddamned sickening. "Well, I made all my fucking payments on time. Where's my help??"

Hey, asshole, if we don't do something to shore up the housing market soon, this economy is going to be a fucking cakewalk. Shoulda, woulda, coulda, it's been done - we need to fix it because this economy is hurting EVERYONE.

Hey genius, if the responsible one start doing what the fucking irresponsible morons are doing, what do you think will happen to the housing market? Let the brain surgeons that borrowed and lived beyond their means pay the consequences. Let's see who will do all the bitching then clown .........

What a joke.

Okay, now that is really a stupid statement. Many people are upside down on their mortgages for the simple fact that housing prices have crashed over the last 18 to 24 months. Don't you read the news?

If you took out a mortgage that you could afford to pay, how would falling house values put you in jeopardy of foreclosure?

What a joke.

If you took out a mortgage that you could afford to pay, how would falling house values put you in jeopardy of foreclosure?

Good question. Definetly NOT a good time to sell. My original post was aimed at people getting 2nd mortages making the total they owe more than their home is worth. That is being irresponsible.

In fact this happened to me back when my wife died. I had a shitload of debt. Good thing is I didn't want to be a burden on society. I handled it myself and today my Finances are in the black.

What a joke.

Being irresponsible isn't necessarily a requirement for you to become upside down in your mortgage. You can simply live in a high foreclosure area, and your house's value will suffer because of it.

A lot of people are upside down and haven't missed a payment.

Good question. Definetly NOT a good time to sell. My original post was aimed at people getting 2nd mortages making the total they owe more than their home is worth. That is being irresponsible.

In fact this happened to me back when my wife died. I had a shitload of debt. Good thing is I didn't want to be a burden on society. I handled it myself and today my Finances are in the black.

Some people just don't understand what "personal responsibility" is MM. They think the government should be there to save them from everything... even their own stupidity. We're becoming a nation of womb to tomb entitlement babies. Well, at least the younger generation is.

What a joke.

Fairly simple.

In theory, but that would only be shooting themselves in the foot. So long as the mortgage is paid, the bank isn't going to take the house from anyone.

I wouldn't be so entirely sure of that.

These are the same idiot bankers whose venal ways caused this meltdown, remember.

If a bank sees that the price of housing might be turning around, and they see low hanging fruit just ready for the plucking, don't be surprised if some of these SOBs pluck it.

Forum List

Back