AGW is a driver in mass extinction events

There is no evidence that the government is enriching itself or seizing more power via AGW.

How, specifically, do you believe those two things are happening?
New Study Shows California/New York Approach to Fighting Global Warming Hurts Working Class and Minority Communities
ā€œOverzealous global warming laws and regulations are taking away jobs and opportunity and increasing energy poverty for those who canā€™t afford higher fuel and electricity bills,ā€ said Dr. Wayne Winegarden, PRI senior fellow in business and economics and author of Legislating Energy Poverty.

Click here to download a copy of Legislating Energy Poverty.

Legislating Energy Poverty reviews the impact of global warming policies adopted in California and New York, such as unrealistic renewable energy goals, strict low carbon fuel standards, and costly subsidies for buying higher-priced electric cars and installing solar panels. The report finds that, collectively, these expensive and burdensome policies are dramatically increasing the energy burdens of their respective state residents.

Among the specific findings:

ā€¢ Average state electricity prices in California are the highest in the lower 48 states, and electric prices in New York are the nationā€™s sixth-highest.
ā€¢ Monthly power bills in inland California are 57 percent higher on average in the summer months than in coastal parts of the state.
ā€¢ California drivers pay the nationā€™s 2nd-highest gas prices, while New York drivers pay the 14th-highest.
ā€¢ The Golden State has the nationā€™s highest poverty rate, while the Empire State has the nationā€™s seventh-highest poverty rate.
All these negative effects are because government is both enriching itself (through taxes) and seizing more power (by controlling how people live).

Numerous studies have concluded that we are moving into the Earth's sixth mass extinction event. The cause are almost all anthropogenic: pollution, loss of habitat, global warming, disruption of predator/prey relationships, migratory changes, introduction of new diseases, etc.

This study finds that increased levels of anthropogenic global warming lead to increased number of species extinction events. Acting to mitigate AGW will limit the number of species lost.

Extinction risk from climate change
Abstract

Climate change over the past āˆ¼30 years has produced numerous shifts in the distributions and abundances of species1,2 and has been implicated in one species-level extinction3. Using projections of species' distributions for future climate scenarios, we assess extinction risks for sample regions that cover some 20% of the Earth's terrestrial surface. Exploring three approaches in which the estimated probability of extinction shows a power-law relationship with geographical range size, we predict, on the basis of mid-range climate-warming scenarios for 2050, that 15ā€“37% of species in our sample of regions and taxa will be ā€˜committed to extinctionā€™. When the average of the three methods and two dispersal scenarios is taken, minimal climate-warming scenarios produce lower projections of species committed to extinction (āˆ¼18%) than mid-range (āˆ¼24%) and maximum-change (āˆ¼35%) scenarios. These estimates show the importance of rapid implementation of technologies to decrease greenhouse gas emissions and strategies for carbon sequestration.

The New Green Threat: Extinction Rebellion
charles the moderator / 10 hours ago April 2, 2019

Translated from The Ilmastotiede blog

If youā€™ve seen news reports of this winterā€™s climate campaigns, you may have spotted logos and banners of Extinction Rebellion. Is it just another new climate movement? It didnā€™t really show up on my radar until after I started wondering why climate activism suddenly seems to be following very similar trajectories in many countries.

How did the Finnish school strikes start? What about the support campaign collecting signatories among the scientific community? Similar campaigns seem to have appeared almost simultaneously in other countries too. Is it only imitation, or is there some international coordination in play?

Extinction Rebellion in Finland

In Finland, the campaign to collect signatures from the scientific community was arranged by Extinction Rebellion activists. The movement arrived here in November. Over 1200 members of the scientific community signed the letter supporting climate school strikes. The most known climate scientists of them was probably Markku Kulmala,
long read
The New Green Threat: Extinction Rebellion

There is no evidence that the government is enriching itself or seizing more power via AGW.

You talking to me? Then quote my posts.. Those idiots ruining the Maldives lead EVERY UN IPCC walk-out when the checks don't get cut.. Are you unaware of all of this? Look up Maldives and demands for Climate Change compensation... AKA -- moola. AKA extortion...

How many species went extinct before man was ever on earth?

Extinction - Wikipedia

Over 99% of all species that ever walked the Earth are extinct.

So... you don't mind if we go extinct? When we don't have to? I mean.... you don't think it's worth the effort? Is that what you're saying?
upload_2019-4-3_0-36-32.jpeg

So you think ALL of mankind is going to go extinct because of global warming and rising sea levels?

What??? You think it would be like Noah's Flood if the ice caps actually melt and cover all land masses in water?

Got news for you bud... Not enough water to do that unless you import some from elsewhere.

*****CHUCKLE*****

:)

Last edited:

You talking to me? Then quote my posts.. Those idiots ruining the Maldives lead EVERY UN IPCC walk-out when the checks don't get cut.. Are you unaware of all of this? Look up Maldives and demands for Climate Change compensation... AKA -- moola. AKA extortion...

Just for argument's sake, assume for a second that AGW is valid and that it is causing the ocean to rise which is going to make the Maldives uninhabitable. Who is responsible? Not the Maldiveans.

Just for argument's sake, assume for a second that AGW is valid and that it is causing the ocean to rise which is going to make the Maldives uninhabitable. Who is responsible? Not the Maldiveans.

Let's say, for a moment, that a cooling trend causes the sea level to drop, exposing new, usable lands for the people of the Maldives to exploit. Who gets the profits?

I suggest I do.

images

Whichever insurance company that they use.

*****CHUCKLE*****

Disappointed in my evaluation of you as an environmentalist.. Because you fail to see the enviro carnage that these "Beverly Hillbillies of the Pacific" have DONE to that island chain BY THEMSELVES and instead -- you just can't give up USING them as poster children for "saving the planet"..

You're no environmentalist.. You're only in this GW thing because you "believe" all the distortions, misrepresentations of the science and the FEAR campaign...

images

Whichever insurance company that they use.

*****CHUCKLE*****

You nailed it.. Look at the picture of their flagship island.. The one with NO TREES, NO BEACHES, and one of the Top Five population densities on the planet.. A tiny island in the Pacific should NEVER even approach that build-out and population density..

So WHY are they so blood thirsty for UN redistribution monies HOWEVER they can it?????

Because there's not an insurance in this UNIVERSE that would insure all (or any one) those highrises and infrastructure..
And the clock is ticking till some tropical storm sets path for that fatally bad idea...

1280px-Male-total.jpg

And if they can use GWarmer religious zealots like Crick to make them VICTIMS -- YOU'RE gonna pay the survivors when they claim the storm was CAUSED by GW...

Last edited:
Seems to me that if change of a few degrees can cause a mass extinction event, then every time we go into or leave an Ice Age there would be such an event.

So any species that has around for a cycle or two should be OK. Only species that specifically evolved very recently would seem to be at risk.

Forum List

Back