Age of Consent Law and consequences.

Colorado's law seems to make more sense than others which simply state 16 or whatever the age. What I don't get is explaining sex to nine year olds and then expecting nothing will occur until 16. Adults should send a clear and consistent message to kids.

When I was about 7 years old I fell in love with the girl next door, also 7. We wanted to get married but our parents wouldn't agree. One summer night we were in the yard catching fire flies and putting them in a ventilated jar. When we had enough fire flies we went up on the porch and sat in a swing. We looked at the stars and Milky Way for a while then she said, "Wanna do something dirty?" and I said "Yeah, let's shit on the porch." So she got up went in the house and locked the door. At that time I knew I had been dumped.
Sad story Hoss. But at 7 you didn't have your game going yet. I've known guys that would do something like that at 20.

When I was about 7 years old I fell in love with the girl next door, also 7. We wanted to get married but our parents wouldn't agree. One summer night we were in the yard catching fire flies and putting them in a ventilated jar. When we had enough fire flies we went up on the porch and sat in a swing. We looked at the stars and Milky Way for a while then she said, "Wanna do something dirty?" and I said "Yeah, let's shit on the porch." So she got up went in the house and locked the door. At that time I knew I had been dumped.
Sad story Hoss. But at 7 you didn't have your game going yet. I've known guys that would do something like that at 20.

Knowing hoss, HE was still doing it at 20

Knowing hoss, HE was still doing it at 20
Actually by the time I was 20 I was married and had a son on the way. He'll be 56 in August

Age of consent law varies in the US. This is of concern to me because I have a 16 year old son who is at the stage of having "crushes" and had one on a 13 year old.

In Colorado, for example, In Colorado, a person who is under 15 can legally consent to have sex with someone who is no more than 4 years older. Additionally, a person under 17 can legally consent to sex with a person who is no more than 10 years older.

That means a 16 year old is legally allowed to have sex with a 25 year old in the state of Colorado

Check the laws out first. But then for your son engage him on why on the why he loves her. Oh shoot these days I am so glad my son is not in the zone. Cripes when every little girl checks out to be a Kardashian doll holy toledo that is bad for moms with sons.
The crush lasted about three days. He's already over it.

It would be simpler if there was some universally agreed age of consent. It varies from state to state and country to country.

It would be simpler if there was some universally agreed age of consent. It varies from state to state and country to country.

Though revealed in a humorous way here, the point not everyone matures at the same time is true. Expanded lifespans has afforded us the luxury of marrying later and still completing reproductive and family raising lives.

The point is that age of consent isn't written in stone. It's variable.

Gay Bias in Rulings

For teenagers who are gay or lesbian and engage in consensual sex, the laws are much tougher. A 2004 case heard by the Kansas Supreme Court had civil libertarians and gay rights groups protesting the existence of a double standard. Matthew Limon was a mentally disabled 17-year-old when he had consensual sex with a 14-year-old boy. Under the Romeo and Juliet law enacted in Kansas in 1999, Limon would have been sentenced to 15 months in prison if the boy had been a girl. But because the law states that partners must be members of the opposite sex, Limon was given a 17-year sentence.
Is Your Daughter's Older Boyfriend a Romeo or a Molester?

Here's an interesting case:

"I'm a 22 year old college student and I met this girl at a party. We were talking about college and she said that she was a "sophomore" and later told me that she was 19 years old. I ended up getting her number and we hung out several times over the course of a few months. She was nice, funny and we became good friends and got along. I was attracted to her and one night she explained her attraction and feelings for me and later that night we ended up having sex and ended up sleeping with each other about 4 times total that week.

Anyways, later she breaks down crying and tells me that she really really likes me and has feelings for me but she lied to me. She is only a sophomore in high school and is 16 years old. She told me she was older to impress me, was initially attracted to me but had no idea that we would end up having sex (though she said she wanted to since she first saw me that night) We've stopped sleeping together but now she's blackmailing me. At first she was ok with things and apologized but a few months have gone by and she really wants to have sex and keeps asking me for it and I turn her down. She is now threatening that she'll "tell people" if I don't sleep with her. I'm starting to become very worried. I was played, she told me she was 19...she looked like she could easily pass for much much older. Additionally she was at a college party so I assumed that she was in college. Age of consent is 16 in WA but I'm assuming that what I've done is still illegal.

What would you do?
I accidentally slept with an underage girl. What should I do? Help?

"I'm a 22 year old college student and I met this girl at a party. We were talking about college and she said that she was a "sophomore" and later told me that she was 19 years old. I ended up getting her number and we hung out several times over the course of a few months. She was nice, funny and we became good friends and got along. I was attracted to her and one night she explained her attraction and feelings for me and later that night we ended up having sex and ended up sleeping with each other about 4 times total that week.

Anyways, later she breaks down crying and tells me that she really really likes me and has feelings for me but she lied to me. She is only a sophomore in high school and is 16 years old. She told me she was older to impress me, was initially attracted to me but had no idea that we would end up having sex (though she said she wanted to since she first saw me that night) We've stopped sleeping together but now she's blackmailing me. At first she was ok with things and apologized but a few months have gone by and she really wants to have sex and keeps asking me for it and I turn her down. She is now threatening that she'll "tell people" if I don't sleep with her. I'm starting to become very worried. I was played, she told me she was 19...she looked like she could easily pass for much much older. Additionally she was at a college party so I assumed that she was in college. Age of consent is 16 in WA but I'm assuming that what I've done is still illegal.

What would you do?

Silence will be considered guilt, best to beat her to the police and report the whole thing.

What would you do?

Silence will be considered guilt, best to beat her to the police and report the whole thing.
But the age of consent doesn't make it illegal.

What would you do?

But the age of consent doesn't make it illegal.

Blackmail would.

Forum List

Back