after this would you trust the RNC to reform health care?

Yep it is around 5 months old at most.

Not nearly as old as Obama getting elected though.

Ummmmm, point?

that your dissing it as being old news was no point.

This went on for nearly 2 decades all the while the Republicans were extremely anti abortion.
Hypocracisy? And inept insurance management?

It IS old news and was worn out on this board when it was new news. Why are you bringing it up now? And what does it have to do with your thread title question?

i fail to see how this has any bearing on whether anyone from the republican party can reform h/c....

i highly doubt the new members or the members who have had coverage since 1991 really read every little fine print. it most likely is just coverage they get and they just look at the basics. if you want to fault them for not checking the fine print on their coverage, go for it. weak, but you have do something after the embarrassing loss yesterday and obama's 0-3 personal appeal in the political arena.

non issue really.

It was someones job to review the insurance plan.

Just so funny considering the RNC's stance on abortion.

lame

Ummmmm, point?

This went on for nearly 2 decades all the while the Republicans were extremely anti abortion.

It IS old news and was worn out on this board when it was new news. Why are you bringing it up now? And what does it have to do with your thread title question?

If we ignore history we will repeat our mistakes.
The future is built upon the past.

If we ignore history we will repeat our mistakes.
The future is built upon the past.

Nice quote. Now answer my question, please.

The RNC could not even manage it's own health care insurance, why should I think they could properly reform everyones?

That was my point, you brought up the old news stuff.

the libertarian part was a general comment not aimed at you.

The RNC could not even manage it's own health care insurance, why should I think they could properly reform everyones?

That was my point, you brought up the old news stuff.

the libertarian part was a general comment not aimed at you.

You are deflecting. ANd you are attempting to do it in all directions at once and simply makes you look like a flailing partisan. If nothing else, you are transparent. More than I can say for Obama...

I want the pre existing condition stuff done away with. That is as long as you are switching insurance. Not if you wait till you get sick to buy it.
I would say as long as you insurance coverage gap has been under 1 year the pre existing restrictions do not exist. I know if you lose your job it may be a while before you get more insurance.
Fine. as long as you allow the insurance company to price their policies accordingly.

A Republican health care bill would include:

A tax credit whenever someone buys a private policy.

A health care savings plan.

A cap on medical malpractice lawsuits.

The end.

Wrong. Again.
Add in :
Portability, you own the policy not the government of your employer.
Pre-existing conditions would be covered.
No lifetime caps or dropping coverage due to claims
True tort reform - not just a cap. The end of frivolous lawsuits
Competition across State lines
Lower premiums for individuals and small businesses
Fiscal Responsibility - does not create a new entitlement program
Preserves Dr/Patient relationship
No unfunded Mandates
No Government Panels to determine coverages

Again, as long as you allow fair pricing of risk, no insurance company WOULD refuse a future customer. That said, many other points you mention would lower this cost already.

Loser pays and cap lawyer fees to non-reward based rate, or no higher than a set percentage of damages won. Make it less lucrative to 'shop' for clients that are spurious or questionable. Fines for lawyers that take false claims or greater civil penalties for those who commit the fraud.

And I'd add: End all state mandates. Let the customer buy the policy they need, not what bureaucrats say they need to have covered.

Posted 12 November 2009 - 10:13 PM

RNC insurance plan covers abortion

The Republican National Committee’s health insurance plan covers elective abortion – a procedure the party’s own platform calls “a fundamental assault on innocent human life.”

Federal Election Commission Records show the RNC purchases its insurance from Cigna. Two sales agents for the company said that the RNC’s policy covers elective abortion.

Informed of the coverage, RNC spokeswoman Gail Gitcho told POLITICO that the policy pre-dates the tenure of current RNC Chairman Michael Steele.

“The current policy has been in effect since 1991, and we are taking steps to address the issue,” Gitcho said.

RNC Insurance Plan covers abortion - Political Hotwire: Political Forum

So you are sourcing a post on the interweb chat forum that has no source to prove a point?
Article not found or expired on Yahoo! News
Showing related results for: http://news.yahoo.com/s//news/story/maple/en-US//news/story/mapl...

The Republican National Committee’s health insurance plan covers elective abortion – a procedure the party’s own platform calls “a fundamental assault on innocent human life.”

Federal Election Commission Records show the RNC purchases its insurance from Cigna. Two sales agents for the company said that the RNC’s policy covers elective abortion.

Informed of the coverage, RNC spokeswoman Gail Gitcho told POLITICO that the policy pre-dates the tenure of current RNC Chairman Michael Steele.

“The current policy has been in effect since 1991, and we are taking steps to address the issue,” Gitcho said.

So you are sourcing a post on the interweb chat forum that has no source to prove a point?
Article not found or expired on Yahoo! News
Showing related results for: http://news.yahoo.com/s//news/story/maple/en-US//news/story/mapl...

Just one of the first google hits. I did not check out the source. But the facts in the post are valid, google it yourself.

Truth is truth regardless of the source.

A Republican health care bill would include:

A tax credit whenever someone buys a private policy.

A health care savings plan.

A cap on medical malpractice lawsuits.

The end.

Wrong. Again.
Add in :
Portability, you own the policy not the government of your employer.
No lifetime caps or dropping coverage due to claims
Competition across State lines
Lower premiums for individuals and small businesses
Fiscal Responsibility - does not create a new entitlement program
Preserves Dr/Patient relationship
No unfunded Mandates
No Government Panels to determine coverages

Facts are stubborn things that tend to make liberals look like morons.
I;m OK with everything except coverage of pre-existing conditions. Let policies be sold across state lines and competition will take care of that on its own.
Also anything that mandates rates or coverage.

Competition among how many parent insurance companies?

You think a subsidiary company in one state is going to compete against a same company subsidiary in another state?

Last edited:

As an independant, center right, right to choose supporting american this has absolutely no effect on my level of trust of the politicians in the GOP.

Plus I like a lot of the republican health reform proposals that the dems wouldn't even let get debated on the floor last year. I hope the dems in power adopt some of those now that it appears they may be forced to restart the process of fixing the problems we have with health insurance.

Last edited:
The only reason the republicans now have a healthcare plan is because the democrats were doing it. Minus that, the republican who already have a great plan could give a shit. Can no one see that! And regarding abortion, how it that all the moralists come out of the walls when abortion is mentioned but give not a crap for the children who die every 15 seconds. The tragedy of abortion requires compassion and solutions not BS.

"In the 1950s, about a million illegal abortions a year were performed in the U.S., and over a thousand women died each year as a result. Women who were victims of botched or unsanitary abortions came in desperation to hospital emergency wards, where some died of widespread abdominal infections. Many women who recovered from such infections found themselves sterile or chronically and painfully ill. The enormous emotional stress often lasted a long time."

HISTORY OF ABORTION

The republican plan...and yes, one exists and has existed for months.....addressed the issues of cost....Tort reform and open the borders to increase competition.

If implemented, the result a couple of years down the road could be analyzed and other initiatives implemented if it did not help the "uninsured" issue.

The democratic alternative will not go into affect for 4 years.

Now, if we take that phony number of "14,000 lose their health insurance each day"....that would mean that by the time the plan is implemented, 20 million people will have lost thier insurance.

Of course that is crap....but regardless, the democratic rhetoric was we need to do this immediately becuase 14K people lose their insurance each day...

So who do you truly trust to reform healthcare?

Forum List

Back