after this would you trust the RNC to reform health care?

aww....you blew it for me.
When UScitizen responded with "the florida model did not work"...I was going to say "and the Mass model did?"

And then ask....which model that did not work cost the taxpayer more money?

And he would have left the thread.

where have I shown support for or said the MA model worked?

I haven't read you saying you support it anywhere. However, the example of MA is a good counter-example to the one you provided from FL.

Perhaps both models are wrong. So do we keep doing more of the same in either case if they do not work?
Some seem to think that way. Not you though I think.

Or we aply basic Econ 101 which says that when you set an artifcially low price on something you create shortages that will result in some kind of rationing. And that is exactly what the late unlamented Democratic proposal was.
On the other hand, if you let prices go to a market rate then there will be enough for everyone and make people responsible for their own healthcare and own health then they will respond accordingly.
Sounds like a plan.

Yes! Even more-so now. They're already taking Scott Brown's advice. The Democrats are about to quit on their terrible health care debacle and go back to the drawing board. Even many Democrats know that Pelosi & Reid really have f*cked things up. They tried to force an awful & massive indecipherable boondoggle on us and the people said H*LL NO! No one was ever going to read this debacle or ever understand it. So back to the drawing board for sure. Hopefully this time the Democrats will unlock those meeting room doors and let the Republicans join the discussion. I guess we'll see on that one. This terrible nightmare is dead though and that's good enough for me at this point.

I really do not know the result, and doubt if any do or if they do they are not talking.

I view Tort reform supporters as a faith based thing.
I genuinely welcome anyone to prove me wrong.
I prefer facts instead of partisan based hyperbole.

So the democratic plan is filled with facts and not partisan hyperbole?

Someone being allowed to sue a surgeon for 7 figures due to a scar on their big toe after foot surgery is not enough to say that tort reform woiuld hewlp matters?

And yes...that was a case I was selected to be a jury for...until I said in the interview....."I have frineds that lose limbs in wars, and this chick wants 7 figures for a scar on her toe....AFTER ELECTIVE SURGERY?"

the resulting healthcare plan is garbage as the result of lobbyist influence and renting of congress.

No but a hospital cutting off the wrong leg is.
The person was left with no leg to stand on.

How much are your legs worth?

gross negligence is not what tort reform is all about.

Tort reform refers to those that have emergency surgery...say a tracheotomy...becuse they accidentally swallowed a pencil...who then sue the surgeon becuse they have a scar on their throat.

Tort reform refers to the individual who sees a doctor for a headache...but neglects to mention the lump in his back....and months later the individual dies of a tumor and the family sues the doctor he saw for a headache...with the claim that he should have checked his back for lumps at the same time.

So the democratic plan is filled with facts and not partisan hyperbole?

Someone being allowed to sue a surgeon for 7 figures due to a scar on their big toe after foot surgery is not enough to say that tort reform woiuld hewlp matters?

And yes...that was a case I was selected to be a jury for...until I said in the interview....."I have frineds that lose limbs in wars, and this chick wants 7 figures for a scar on her toe....AFTER ELECTIVE SURGERY?"

the resulting healthcare plan is garbage as the result of lobbyist influence and renting of congress.

Tort reform refers to those that have emergency surgery...say a tracheotomy...becuse they accidentally swallowed a pencil...who then sue the surgeon becuse they have a scar on their throat.

Tort reform refers to the individual who sees a doctor for a headache...but neglects to mention the lump in his back....and months later the individual dies of a tumor and the family sues the doctor he saw for a headache...with the claim that he should have checked his back for lumps at the same time.

that is how tort reform is sold, but not how it turns out.

And that is it? Since the soilution did not work, do not find a better solution?

Tort reform, properly implemented, can save billions.

And that is it? Since the soilution did not work, do not find a better solution?

Yep keep putting those blown fuses in, one of them has to work eventually.

the problem is you still have faith in one of the major political parties. I do not.

Last edited:
Or some doctor on night duty came by, examined the patient, signed off on the chart and then the next day the patient has a heart attack and dies and his family sues everyone, including the doc who saw him in the night.

Small private medical practices are rapidly becoming a thing of the past. Good doctors are closing up shop because they simply can't handle the costs. Tort Reform could help. It should definitely be on the table.

Last edited:
Posted 12 November 2009 - 10:13 PM

RNC insurance plan covers abortion

The Republican National Committee’s health insurance plan covers elective abortion – a procedure the party’s own platform calls “a fundamental assault on innocent human life.”

Federal Election Commission Records show the RNC purchases its insurance from Cigna. Two sales agents for the company said that the RNC’s policy covers elective abortion.

Informed of the coverage, RNC spokeswoman Gail Gitcho told POLITICO that the policy pre-dates the tenure of current RNC Chairman Michael Steele.

“The current policy has been in effect since 1991, and we are taking steps to address the issue,” Gitcho said.

RNC Insurance Plan covers abortion - Political Hotwire: Political Forum

wow. I forgot about this.

Yep keep putting those blown fuses in, one of them has to work eventually.

the problem is you still have faith in one of the major political parties. I do not.

You see...I am not the one who believes in replacing fuses that continually blow.
I believe in using a higher grade fuse.

However, I am not the type that replaces an entire fusebox becuase one particular fuse continues to blow.

Government should not fund the killing of babies. There are exceptions but in general the Government should not be in the business of killing babies. If you want to kill your baby then so be it. Just don't demand that all tax payers pay for it though. I never understood how the Government could get involved with the baby-killing industry. I just don't support that involvement. Neither party should support such involvement either. Hey just my opinion anyway.

A Republican health care bill would include:

A tax credit whenever someone buys a private policy.

A health care savings plan.

A cap on medical malpractice lawsuits.

The end.
whats wrong with that as a start

your claim of it being "the end" is just your spouting more partisan BULLSHIT

Pure assumption by someone who has the fist family as his (her) avatar.

Gee......such credibility you exude.

Show me the efforts made by republicans and then you can put your feet back on the ground. Till then you're full of shit.

Show me the efforts made by republicans and then you can put your feet back on the ground. Till then you're full of shit.

Nice language....but I digress.

The efforts are quite obvious. You just did not want to see them.
Now with the fillibuster proof senate a thing of the past, even a blind partisan such as you will see it.
Funny...even Obama himself said that NOW he will reach across the aisle.

I suggest you start doing some research. You have been completely blinded by your partisanship.

Republicans put forward a 230 page bill last May. Unlike the massive 2000+ page bills (loaded with arrogant overreach) proffered by the House and Senate Democrats, the Republican bill took an incremental approach focusing on controlling costs through market oriented measures.

Of course, it was totally ignored by the Dems. Looks like we may be revisiting the sensible approach after all. :clap2:

Republicans put forward a 230 page bill last May. Unlike the massive 2000+ page bills (loaded with arrogant overreach) proffered by the House and Senate Democrats, the Republican bill took an incremental approach focusing on controlling costs through market oriented measures.

Of course, it was totally ignored by the Dems. Looks like we may be revisiting the sensible approach after all. :clap2:

It was totally ignored by the media as well...except for that fake news network Fox

Forum List

Back