After Four Years IRS Finally Confirms There Was No Targeting Of Teaparty Groups

Let’s take a trip down memory lane. Do you remember Lois Lerner? BOLO? IRS audits of tea party organizations?

Sure you do. Back in 2013 Republicans were on the warpath over this. The IRS had identified dozens, maybe hundreds, of tea party organizations for extreme audits becasue of their political leanings...

After Four Years, IRS Finally Confirms There Was No Targeting of Tea Party Groups – Mother Jones
Lol. It took them four years to conjure up an excuse. Funny stuff. The contortions required to believe this crap must be painful.

Let’s take a trip down memory lane. Do you remember Lois Lerner? BOLO? IRS audits of tea party organizations?

Sure you do. Back in 2013 Republicans were on the warpath over this. The IRS had identified dozens, maybe hundreds, of tea party organizations for extreme audits becasue of their political leanings...

After Four Years, IRS Finally Confirms There Was No Targeting of Tea Party Groups – Mother Jones

I guess that's your little secret, huh....

Tea party groups settle lawsuits over IRS mistreatment
After crushing them for years. I guess the true fascists won. Congrats.

You can't possibly be serious.

Your source is a Mother Jones article written on October 6, 2017. Your source is wrong. The IRS has admitted to targeting conservative groups such as the Tea party. They have issued an apology and have made financial settlements in some cases. My latest source is a Sean Hannity news report on October 26, 2017. Here's the link to Hannity's explosive opening monologue (IRS details start at 12:20).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Kv7Lzz-6Qk

There are many other sources who have reported the IRS admission of targeting conservative groups. Here is a link to these sources including the Washington Post, ABC News, USA Today and many more.

irs admits to targeting conservative groups - Google Search

You really need to become better informed. Try getting your news from Drudge Report instead of questionable “news” organizations. Here's the link:

DRUDGE REPORT 2017®

You can't possibly be serious.

Your source is a Mother Jones article written on October 6, 2017. Your source is wrong. The IRS has admitted to targeting conservative groups such as the Tea party. They have issued an apology and have made financial settlements in some cases. My latest source is a Sean Hannity news report on October 26, 2017. Here's the link to Hannity's explosive opening monologue (IRS details start at 12:20).

There are many other sources who have reported the IRS admission of targeting conservative groups. Here is a link to these sources including the Washington Post, ABC News, USA Today and many more.

irs admits to targeting conservative groups - Google Search

You really need to become better informed. Try getting your news from Drudge Report instead of questionable “news” organizations. Here's the link:

DRUDGE REPORT 2017®

Of course he/she (depends on the day) is wrong. I laughed when I read the links. Their first response is to attack sources, and they will.

You had political groups - or groups appearing to be political - applying for tax exempt status that required them to be non-political.

Why wouldn't you target that?
It doesn't require them to be non-political, you fucking dumbass. It only requires them to be non-partisan, which means they can't provide aid to a particular candidate. If they have to be non-political, then how did MediaMatters.org and Huffingtonpost get tax exempt status?

You really are one of the dumbest posters in this forum, and that's a low bar to squeeze under.

More lies from the liars.

Wait....

View attachment 156751

This proves it! LOL!
What are the numbers supposed to indicate?

The issue wasn't tea party, it was conservati

The issue wasn't tea party, it was conservative and christian groups. You do realize that the then head of the irs pled the fifth when testifying in front of congress? "I refuse to answer on the grounds I may incriminate myself. But there's nothing to see here move along".

This seems like the whole "did you know that half of all murders happen in the week before or the week after a full moon?" "Oh, wow, that's really scary, I'll make sure I know when the full moon is" "Do we tell then that the weeks that are a week before and a week after a full moon make up half the time?" "Nah, let them be scared" sort of thing.

They get audited and think that somehow they're being targeted because... because it's normal.

How%20desperate%20are%20you-S.jpg

Administration Agrees to Settle Tea-Party Suits Against IRS
Groups claimed agency engaged in discriminatory behavior
By
Aruna Viswanatha and

John D. McKinnon
Updated Oct. 26, 2017 4:50 p.m. ET

The Trump administration on Thursday said it has agreed to pay between $1 million and $10 million to settle lawsuits against the Internal Revenue Service for targeting tea-party groups in the Obama era, saying in court documents that the IRS “admits that its treatment...was wrong.”

Administration Agrees to Settle Tea-Party Suits Against IRS

Is this a joke thread? Because Sekulow confirmed the win in court. And it's huge.

I don't think it wa intended to be a joke. The OP did provide a link to Mother Jones news with the headline: After four years, the IRS Finally Confirms There Was No Targeting of Tea Party Groups.

Obviously Mother Jones got it wrong. What amazed me was how the OP disregarded all the many news sources that confirmed that the IRS admitted to targeting the Tea Party and other conservative groups.

Here is a link to the article written by Jay Sekulow of the ACLJ (American Center for Law and Justice). The article includes the following:

“In an unprecedented victorious conclusion to our years-long legal battle against the IRS, the bureaucratic agency has just admitted in federal court that it wrongfully targeted Tea Party and conservative groups during the Obama Administration and issued an apology to our clients for doing so. In addition, the IRS is consenting to a court order that would prohibit it from ever engaging in this form of unconstitutional discrimination in the future.

“In a proposed Consent Order filed with the Court yesterday, the IRS has apologized for its treatment of our clients (36 Tea Party and other conservative organizations from 20 states that applied for 501(c)(3) and (c)(4) tax-exempt status with the IRS between 2009 and 2012) during the tax-exempt determinations process. Crucially, following years of denial by the IRS and blame-shifting by IRS officials, the agency now expressly admits that its treatment of our clients was wrong.”

VICTORY: In Proposed Settlement, IRS Admits Wrongdoing, Apologizes for Targeting Tea Party and Conservative Groups | American Center for Law and Justice

Conclusion: The IRS admitted in court that they illegally targeted conservative groups including the tea party; therefore, the issue is settled with absolute finality. Those posters who are not aware of the court settlement have got to find better sources for their news. The OP fell for the story written in Mother Goose, I mean Mother Jones, and came across is being oblivious to what is going on..

Is this a joke thread? Because Sekulow confirmed the win in court. And it's huge.

I don't think it wa intended to be a joke. The OP did provide a link to Mother Jones news with the headline: After four years, the IRS Finally Confirms There Was No Targeting of Tea Party Groups.

Obviously Mother Jones got it wrong. What amazed me was how the OP disregarded all the many news sources that confirmed that the IRS admitted to targeting the Tea Party and other conservative groups.

Here is a link to the article written by Jay Sekulow of the ACLJ (American Center for Law and Justice). The article includes the following:

“In an unprecedented victorious conclusion to our years-long legal battle against the IRS, the bureaucratic agency has just admitted in federal court that it wrongfully targeted Tea Party and conservative groups during the Obama Administration and issued an apology to our clients for doing so. In addition, the IRS is consenting to a court order that would prohibit it from ever engaging in this form of unconstitutional discrimination in the future.

“In a proposed Consent Order filed with the Court yesterday, the IRS has apologized for its treatment of our clients (36 Tea Party and other conservative organizations from 20 states that applied for 501(c)(3) and (c)(4) tax-exempt status with the IRS between 2009 and 2012) during the tax-exempt determinations process. Crucially, following years of denial by the IRS and blame-shifting by IRS officials, the agency now expressly admits that its treatment of our clients was wrong.”

VICTORY: In Proposed Settlement, IRS Admits Wrongdoing, Apologizes for Targeting Tea Party and Conservative Groups | American Center for Law and Justice

Conclusion: The IRS admitted in court that they illegally targeted conservative groups including the tea party; therefore, the issue is settled with absolute finality. Those posters who are not aware of the court settlement have got to find better sources for their news. The OP fell for the story written in Mother Goose, I mean Mother Jones, and came across is being oblivious to what is going on..
well said

Well...yeah, because it was never a true story to begin with.

Only in far rightwing conservative precincts was this even a thing, they were lying from the start.

This is how insidious fake news is.
Reminds me of 30 years harassing Hillary.

Jay Sekulow: Victory! IRS admits Tea Party, other conservative groups were targets during Obama era

It took many years to resolve. But I am delighted to report that we have just obtained a resounding victory in our legal challenge to the IRS’s political targeting of conservative organizations.

In an unprecedented victorious conclusion to our four year-long legal battle against the IRS, the bureaucratic agency has just admitted in federal court that it wrongfully targeted Tea Party and conservative groups during the Obama administration because of their political viewpoints and issued an apology to our clients for doing so. In addition, the IRS is consenting to a court order that would prohibit it from ever engaging in this form of unconstitutional discrimination in the future.

In a proposed Consent Order filed with the Court yesterday, the IRS has apologized for its treatment of our clients -- 36 Tea Party and other conservative organizations from 20 states that applied for 501(c)(3) and (c)(4) tax-exempt status with the IRS between 2009 and 2012 -- during the tax-exempt determinations process. Crucially, following years of denial by the IRS and blame-shifting by IRS officials, the agency now expressly admits that its treatment of our clients was wrong.

More at link:

Jay Sekulow: Victory! IRS admits Tea Party, other conservative groups were targets during Obama era

And Bill Clinton confirmed that he never had sexual relations with that woman.

These tea party groups are anti-American groups working to undermine American leadership in the world. Wouldn't surprise me if Russia had something to do with them all the way back to 2009 or 2010.

Destroying our ability to maintain our own country is a pretty big win for Putin.

These tea party groups are anti-American groups working to undermine American leadership in the world. Wouldn't surprise me if Russia had something to do with them all the way back to 2009 or 2010.

Destroying our ability to maintain our own country is a pretty big win for Putin.
It seems you have changed your screenname? What's up with that?

Forum List

Back