After Four Years IRS Finally Confirms There Was No Targeting Of Teaparty Groups

that is not how it works, nobody gets their full salary when they retire.
Are you kidding? Government jobs do.

Lerner's Pension Could Be as Much as $102,600/Year, $3.96 Million Lifetime

And her salary was 177,000, so she is not getting her full salary like you said. just admit you are wrong and move on. it is ok. Dont be a Trump
Oh. My. God.

I know right, if people would only be accurate and honest with their post and not lie in them, then we could actually get to the heart of the matter. Why not give that a try next time.
Boy, you nailed me! She ONLY gets $120k a year for breaking the law!

Actually, it is 102k. you are not a very bright person are you?
It would be much easier to discuss what should happen to her if we could get past the false information.
But I can see why you are such a fan of Trump

And her salary was 177,000, so she is not getting her full salary like you said. just admit you are wrong and move on. it is ok. Dont be a Trump
Oh. My. God.

I know right, if people would only be accurate and honest with their post and not lie in them, then we could actually get to the heart of the matter. Why not give that a try next time.

It would be much easier to discuss what should happen to her if we could get past the false information.
So now you make fun of my Lyxdexia!

What else are you going to tell us why criminals should be paid over 3 million tax payer dollars?

Oh. My. God.

So now you make fun of my Lyxdexia!

What else are you going to tell us why criminals should be paid over 3 million tax payer dollars?

We are a country where one is innocent till found guilty in a court of law. Because of that sometimes people get away with things and do not have to pay the price. I would like to see her have her day in court, but if she does not I am not going to lose sleep over it.

She broke the law. There is no denying that.

Specifically, what law did she break?
“used her position to improperly influence IRS action against conservative organizations, denying these groups due process and equal protection rights under the law”

I know that flies over your head, so replace “conservative” with “black” and it will make sense.

Poor judgement in using politically sounding names as a criteria for selecting which applications were chosen for verification is not a crime.

"Proof that an IRS employee acted in good faith would be a complete defense to a criminal charge; and proof that an IRS employee acted because of mistake, bad judgment, ignorance, inertia, or even negligence would be insufficient to support a criminal charge."

No Orange Jumpsuit For Lois Lerner

"Throughout the investigation, not a single IRS employee reported any allegation, concern, or suspicion that the handling of tax-exempt applications-or any other IRS function was motivated by political bias, discriminatory intent, or corruption. Among these witnesses were several IRS employees who were critical of Ms. Lerner's and other officials' leadership, as well as others who volunteered to us that they are politically conservative. Moreover, both TIGTA and the IRS's Whistleblower Office confirmed that neither has received internal complaints from IRS employees alleging that officials' handling of tax-exempt applications was motivated by political or other discriminatory bias."

“used her position to improperly influence IRS action against conservative organizations, denying these groups due process and equal protection rights under the law”

I know that flies over your head, so replace “conservative” with “black” and it will make sense.

Poor judgement in using politically sounding names as a criteria for selecting which applications were chosen for verification is not a crime.

"Proof that an IRS employee acted in good faith would be a complete defense to a criminal charge; and proof that an IRS employee acted because of mistake, bad judgment, ignorance, inertia, or even negligence would be insufficient to support a criminal charge."

"Throughout the investigation, not a single IRS employee reported any allegation, concern, or suspicion that the handling of tax-exempt applications-or any other IRS function was motivated by political bias, discriminatory intent, or corruption. Among these witnesses were several IRS employees who were critical of Ms. Lerner's and other officials' leadership, as well as others who volunteered to us that they are politically conservative. Moreover, both TIGTA and the IRS's Whistleblower Office confirmed that neither has received internal complaints from IRS employees alleging that officials' handling of tax-exempt applications was motivated by political or other discriminatory bias."
Then you’ll have no problem with Trump using the IRS as a political weapon.

And you and I pay the bill

"The proposed settlement, which provides no monetary relief, includes an acknowledgment by the IRS that its treatment of the applicants was "wrong."

"For such treatment, the IRS expresses its sincere apology,'' the court documents state.

The deal, subject to court approval, also calls on each party to the litigation to "bear its respective fees and costs."

What bill?

Now, call on Lois to be put in Jail........
Dufus thinks those teams of lawyers who worked years on this get paid nothing.

Doesn't the government have lawyers on staff who do this kind of work? You think they hired out for the job?

And you and I pay the bill

"The proposed settlement, which provides no monetary relief, includes an acknowledgment by the IRS that its treatment of the applicants was "wrong."

"For such treatment, the IRS expresses its sincere apology,'' the court documents state.

The deal, subject to court approval, also calls on each party to the litigation to "bear its respective fees and costs."

What bill?

Now, call on Lois to be put in Jail........
Dufus thinks those teams of lawyers who worked years on this get paid nothing.

Doesn't the government have lawyers on staff who do this kind of work? You think they hired out for the job?
So the war in Iraq cost nothing?

Are you saying President Obama somehow directed the misguided selection criteria Ms. Lerner used?

Are you saying President Obama somehow directed the misguided selection criteria Ms. Lerner used?
Why would a President direct the IRS to be a political weapon?

Oh wait, Nixon did and his articles of impeachment says so.

Let’s take a trip down memory lane. Do you remember Lois Lerner? BOLO? IRS audits of tea party organizations?

Sure you do. Back in 2013 Republicans were on the warpath over this. The IRS had identified dozens, maybe hundreds, of tea party organizations for extreme audits becasue of their political leanings...

After Four Years, IRS Finally Confirms There Was No Targeting of Tea Party Groups – Mother Jones
Well...yeah, because it was never a true story to begin with.

Only in far rightwing conservative precincts was this even a thing, they were lying from the start.

This is how insidious fake news is.

Odd to settle completely frivolous lawsuits....
It's not odd at all. It's a competely transparent political move on the part of the Trump administration.

Let’s take a trip down memory lane. Do you remember Lois Lerner? BOLO? IRS audits of tea party organizations?

Sure you do. Back in 2013 Republicans were on the warpath over this. The IRS had identified dozens, maybe hundreds, of tea party organizations for extreme audits becasue of their political leanings...

After Four Years, IRS Finally Confirms There Was No Targeting of Tea Party Groups – Mother Jones

So if there was no targeting of Tea Party groups, why did they apologized just today for discrimination and settled to pay hundreds of those groups?

US agrees to pay tea party groups in suits over IRS scrutiny

Tea Party groups settle lawsuit against IRS; agency apologizes for discrimination during Obama's presidency

So if there was no targeting of Tea Party groups, why did they apologized just today for discrimination and settled to pay hundreds of those groups?

US agrees to pay tea party groups in suits over IRS scrutiny

Tea Party groups settle lawsuit against IRS; agency apologizes for discrimination during Obama's presidency
Politics, of course.

Last edited:
You settle when you are wrong. You fight when you are right...especially when you have the US treasury financing your defense.

Are you serious? The IRS versus Tupelo Mississippi Patriots Non Profit?

Who has the better access to legal defense?

The IRS settled because they were breaking the law. It's not tough to figure out,

You had political groups - or groups appearing to be political - applying for tax exempt status that required them to be non-political.

Why wouldn't you target that?

:bsflag:

After 40 years, Charles Manson has confirmed that he did not commit the crimes he was accused of committing. Well. That settles it.

Well, the actual audit in the IRS case settles it.

Your reply also settles the fact you have any intellectual capacity.

And Manson is still guilty of the crimes he committed.

Consider this settled now.
Attorney General Jeff Sessions said the IRS owed the groups an apology after years of poor treatment and even longer refusal to concede bad behavior. He placed blame on “the last administration,” saying the targeting that went on under President Obama “was wrong and should never have occurred.”

One of the settlement agreements, filed in federal court in Washington, D.C., officially admits that the IRS singled out groups because of their political beliefs, in defiance of the law. The other settlement, in a class-action lawsuit in Ohio, includes a “generous” payout to more than 400 groups snared, according to a lawyer involved.

“There is no excuse for this conduct,” Mr. Sessions said in a statement. “Hundreds of organizations were affected by these actions, and they deserve an apology from the IRS.”

As of Thursday morning, however, the groups said they had yet to get such an apology.

“A true reckoning is finally up to the agency itself. Until the IRS itself steps forward to admit what really happened, we cannot have faith that the same abuse won’t be repeated again,” said Edward Greim, the lawyer who handled the class-action lawsuit for NorCal Tea Party Patriots and more than 400 other groups.

Not quite over yet. The IRS is trying cover their own ass.

You settle when you are wrong. You fight when you are right...especially when you have the US treasury financing your defense.

Are you serious? The IRS versus Tupelo Mississippi Patriots Non Profit?

Who has the better access to legal defense?

The IRS settled because they were breaking the law. It's not tough to figure out,

"You settle when you are wrong."

Or when it is politically advantageous. And the people deciding to settle, in this case, are not necessarily the ones accused of the wrongdoing, as you have so graciously pointed out... repeatedly...

I'll call your BS with reality.

Justice Department settles IRS lawsuits from 400 conservative groups claiming discrimination

More lies from the liars.

Wait....

screenshot_292.png

This proves it! LOL!

Forum List

Back