After Four Years IRS Finally Confirms There Was No Targeting Of Teaparty Groups

Let's not prosecute any criminals and save lots of money!

Welcome to Leftardia, a world void of reason and morals.

No I didn't suggest we shouldn't prosecute criminals ... Just that it was silly to use cost as a reason and ignore the cost of the alternative.
If your solution is to win at all costs ... Well, that isn't a sufficient example of cost savings.

Perhaps I am just a tad bit too pragmatic for your tastes ... :)

Let's not prosecute any criminals and save lots of money!

Welcome to Leftardia, a world void of reason and morals.

No I didn't suggest we shouldn't prosecute criminals ... Just that it was silly to use cost as a reason and ignore the cost of the alternative.
If your solution is to win at all costs ... Well, that isn't a sufficient example of cost savings.

She broke the law. There is no denying that. Criminals walking free because it costs money to prosecute them is insane.

She broke the law. There is no denying that. Criminals walking free because it costs money to prosecute them is insane.

You still don't get my point ... My point was whatever Lois Learner gets in compensation is not what proves her guilty.
If she is guilty, she should have gone to jail (didn't happen) ... What matters is that she is no longer in charge.

Not to mention that you are the one that brought up costs in your OP ... :thup:

Yea, the IRS did nothing wrong.:badgrin:

How do Progs fucking live with themselves? Such POS hypocrites.

How is that Koskininin MFer still employed by the IRS and how is Lois Lerner not in prison?

Last edited:
Wait a minute....wasn't this a FAKE scandal?

Why did he IRS settle with these groups? The groups were lying....right?

Let’s take a trip down memory lane. Do you remember Lois Lerner? BOLO? IRS audits of tea party organizations?

Sure you do. Back in 2013 Republicans were on the warpath over this. The IRS had identified dozens, maybe hundreds, of tea party organizations for extreme audits becasue of their political leanings...

After Four Years, IRS Finally Confirms There Was No Targeting of Tea Party Groups – Mother Jones
Well...yeah, because it was never a true story to begin with.

Only in far rightwing conservative precincts was this even a thing, they were lying from the start.

This is how insidious fake news is.

Odd to settle completely frivolous lawsuits....

Wait a minute....wasn't this a FAKE scandal?

Why did he IRS settle with these groups? The groups were lying....right?

Sessions is in charge ... The Trump Administration doesn't want the IRS in the limelight just to give opponents a reason to start questioning his dealings again.
Not saying that Sessions or the Trump Administration should have swept in under the rug ... Just recognizing the absolute circus the left would have made out of any attempts to do otherwise.

You pick your battles ... Idealism is awesome on paper ... Doesn't necessarily work that well in the real world ... :dunno:

Let’s take a trip down memory lane. Do you remember Lois Lerner? BOLO? IRS audits of tea party organizations?

Sure you do. Back in 2013 Republicans were on the warpath over this. The IRS had identified dozens, maybe hundreds, of tea party organizations for extreme audits becasue of their political leanings...

After Four Years, IRS Finally Confirms There Was No Targeting of Tea Party Groups – Mother Jones

I guess that's your little secret, huh....

Tea party groups settle lawsuits over IRS mistreatment

And you and I pay the bill and no one even gets a reprimand at the IRS.

From the article you linked ... "... prompted the resignation of the IRS' top official at the time, along with other officials tied to the matter."

They weren't reprimanded ... They resigned at the senior levels.
Where that may not punish all parties involved ... It gets rid of those who provided the direction staff was required to follow.

With full pension benefits now they will make their top salaries every year for the rest of their lives.

that is not how it works, nobody gets their full salary when they retire.
Are you kidding? Government jobs do.

Lerner's Pension Could Be as Much as $102,600/Year, $3.96 Million Lifetime

And her salary was 177,000, so she is not getting her full salary like you said. just admit you are wrong and move on. it is ok. Dont be a Trump

And you and I pay the bill

"The proposed settlement, which provides no monetary relief, includes an acknowledgment by the IRS that its treatment of the applicants was "wrong."

"For such treatment, the IRS expresses its sincere apology,'' the court documents state.

The deal, subject to court approval, also calls on each party to the litigation to "bear its respective fees and costs."

What bill?

Now, call on Lois to be put in Jail........

And you and I pay the bill and no one even gets a reprimand at the IRS.

From the article you linked ... "... prompted the resignation of the IRS' top official at the time, along with other officials tied to the matter."

Where that may not punish all parties involved ... It gets rid of those who provided the direction staff was required to follow.

With full pension benefits now they will make their top salaries every year for the rest of their lives.

And her salary was 177,000, so she is not getting her full salary like you said. just admit you are wrong and move on. it is ok. Dont be a Trump
Oh. My. God.

She broke the law. There is no denying that.

Specifically, what law did she break?
“used her position to improperly influence IRS action against conservative organizations, denying these groups due process and equal protection rights under the law”

I know that flies over your head, so replace “conservative” with “black” and it will make sense.

Oh. My. God.

I know right, if people would only be accurate and honest with their post and not lie in them, then we could actually get to the heart of the matter. Why not give that a try next time.

And you and I pay the bill

"The proposed settlement, which provides no monetary relief, includes an acknowledgment by the IRS that its treatment of the applicants was "wrong."

"For such treatment, the IRS expresses its sincere apology,'' the court documents state.

The deal, subject to court approval, also calls on each party to the litigation to "bear its respective fees and costs."

What bill?

Now, call on Lois to be put in Jail........
Dufus thinks those teams of lawyers who worked years on this get paid nothing.

Oh. My. God.

I know right, if people would only be accurate and honest with their post and not lie in them, then we could actually get to the heart of the matter. Why not give that a try next time.
Boy, you nailed me! She ONLY gets $120k a year for breaking the law!

Forum List

Back