After Four Years IRS Finally Confirms There Was No Targeting Of Teaparty Groups

Let’s take a trip down memory lane. Do you remember Lois Lerner? BOLO? IRS audits of tea party organizations?

Sure you do. Back in 2013 Republicans were on the warpath over this. The IRS had identified dozens, maybe hundreds, of tea party organizations for extreme audits becasue of their political leanings...

After Four Years, IRS Finally Confirms There Was No Targeting of Tea Party Groups – Mother Jones
You must be brain dead. Your trust in Mother Jones is quite telling.

And you and I pay the bill

"The proposed settlement, which provides no monetary relief, includes an acknowledgment by the IRS that its treatment of the applicants was "wrong."

"For such treatment, the IRS expresses its sincere apology,'' the court documents state.

The deal, subject to court approval, also calls on each party to the litigation to "bear its respective fees and costs."

What bill?

Now, call on Lois to be put in Jail........
Dufus thinks those teams of lawyers who worked years on this get paid nothing.

Doesn't the government have lawyers on staff who do this kind of work? You think they hired out for the job?
"The Trump administration will be apologizing to Tea Party groups that underwent extra IRS scrutiny when applying for tax-exempt status during the 2012 election, and the settlement will include a "very substantial" payout, according to a lawyer representing more than 400 groups in the class-action suit. The Department of Justice did not make reference to a payout."

Tea Party groups to get "substantial" payout over IRS scandal, lawyer says

And you and I pay the bill

"The proposed settlement, which provides no monetary relief, includes an acknowledgment by the IRS that its treatment of the applicants was "wrong."

"For such treatment, the IRS expresses its sincere apology,'' the court documents state.

The deal, subject to court approval, also calls on each party to the litigation to "bear its respective fees and costs."

What bill?

Now, call on Lois to be put in Jail........
Dufus thinks those teams of lawyers who worked years on this get paid nothing.

Doesn't the government have lawyers on staff who do this kind of work? You think they hired out for the job?
"The Trump administration will be apologizing to Tea Party groups that underwent extra IRS scrutiny when applying for tax-exempt status during the 2012 election, and the settlement will include a "very substantial" payout, according to a lawyer representing more than 400 groups in the class-action suit. The Department of Justice did not make reference to a payout."

Tea Party groups to get "substantial" payout over IRS scandal, lawyer says

My original quote came from your original link. They should have gone to court so as to demonstrate that they were political groups that do not qualify for tax-free status. But then neither party wants to stop that type of funding even though the law says otherwise. It's' big money.

Let's see, the IRS dismisses charges against itself? That's a good trick. Why did Barry Hussein get away with preventing Lerner from testifying by invoking the rarely used "executive privilege"? I guess the old cliche "the cover up is worse than the crime" only works in republican administrations.

Let's see, the IRS dismisses charges against itself? That's a good trick. Why did Barry Hussein get away with preventing Lerner from testifying by invoking the rarely used "executive privilege"? I guess the old cliche "the cover up is worse than the crime" only works in republican administrations.

No, the Trump Administration settled the cases in a purely political move.

I am glad to see the IRS finally (again) admitted to targeting.

I said 'again' because Lois Lerner actually apologized for her department doing the targeting just days before she attempted to plead the 5th (and f*ed it up_ before Congress.

IRS admits targeting conservatives for tax scrutiny in 2012 election

"The Internal Revenue Service on Friday apologized for targeting groups with “tea party” or “patriot” in their names, confirming long-standing accusations by some conservatives that their applications for tax-exempt status were being improperly delayed and scrutinized.

Lois G. Lerner, the IRS official who oversees tax-exempt groups, said the “absolutely inappropriate” actions by “front-line people”...

IRS apologizes for targeting conservative tax-exempt groups – The Denver Post

"The Internal Revenue Service on Friday apologized for targeting groups with “Tea Party” or “patriot” in their names, confirming long-standing accusations by some conservatives that their applications for tax-exempt status were being improperly delayed and scrutinized."

Of course snowflakes continue to demonstrate that even when their own Democrats ADMIT to breaking the law snowflakes will continue to deny it.

Stick a fork in this thread it's 'done'.

I am glad to see the IRS finally (again) admitted to targeting.

I said 'again' because Lois Lerner actually apologized for her department doing the targeting just days before she attempted to plead the 5th (and f*ed it up_ before Congress.

IRS admits targeting conservatives for tax scrutiny in 2012 election

"The Internal Revenue Service on Friday apologized for targeting groups with “tea party” or “patriot” in their names, confirming long-standing accusations by some conservatives that their applications for tax-exempt status were being improperly delayed and scrutinized.

Lois G. Lerner, the IRS official who oversees tax-exempt groups, said the “absolutely inappropriate” actions by “front-line people”...

IRS apologizes for targeting conservative tax-exempt groups – The Denver Post

"The Internal Revenue Service on Friday apologized for targeting groups with “Tea Party” or “patriot” in their names, confirming long-standing accusations by some conservatives that their applications for tax-exempt status were being improperly delayed and scrutinized."

Of course snowflakes continue to demonstrate that even when their own Democrats ADMIT to breaking the law snowflakes will continue to deny it.

Stick a fork in this thread it's 'done'.

It's not done. What we have here is a handout to political allies, straight from the President. The next person who does it could be a Democrat. You might want to remember that.

It's not done. What we have here is a handout to political allies, straight from the President.
So the IRS admitting ... in 2013 ... it targeted Conservatives and the Trump administration settling the law suits resulting from that targeting is giving the victims of Obama's illegal targeting a 'handout'?!

Bwuhahaha.......

It's not done. What we have here is a handout to political allies, straight from the President. The next person who does it could be a Democrat. You might want to remember that.
So the IRS admitting it targeted Conservatives ... in 2013 ... and the Trump administration settling the lawsuits is giving the victims of Obama's illegal targeting a 'handout'?!

Bwuhahaha.......
Yes, of course it is. That's exactly what this is. It's not a secret. The IRS workers also targeted other files based on other keywords. This is purely political, more so than some cubicle jockey trying to lighten his workload.

Again, even in light of the IRS and those overseeing the illegal targeting both ADMITTING what they did and APOLOGIZING for doing it, snowflakes continue to bravely ... and ignorantly ... DENY on. 'Didn't happen!'

:p Bwuhahahaha...

Again, even in light of the IRS and those overseeing the illegal targeting both ADMITTING what they did and APOLOGIZING for doing it, snowflakes continue to bravely ... and ignorantly ... DENY on. 'Didn't happen!'

:p Bwuhahahaha...
I didnt say it didnt happen...it is what it is. And this political move (a smart one, really) is what it is, as well.

And this political move (a smart one, really) is what it is, as well.
I agree. After the Democrats admitted to targeting Conservatives and apologized, we now have a President who stepped in and settled the resulting law suits.

Don't leave Bill Clinton hanging as the ONLY US President to illegally use the IRS as a political weapon. Barry has earned his spot right there beside him.

Are you trying to take this 'honor' / 'distinction' away from Barry .. because he is black?

upload_2017-10-27_11-27-17.jpeg

[URL='https://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=https%3A%2F%2Fblackwaterdog.files.wordpress.com%2F2011%2F02%2Fpete6.jpg&imgrefurl=https%3A%2F%2Fblackwaterdog.wordpress.com%2F2011%2F02%2F12%2Fsouza-for-the-weekend%2Fpete6-2%2F&docid=Wb2SBCcQXHyx1M&tbnid=jthvnUILZwnFRM%3A&vet=10ahUKEwiz_9nsjpHXAhWD7SYKHY_tBx4QMwg8KAAwAA..i&w=1024&h=683&bih=920&biw=1001&q=obama%20laughing%20hysterically&ved=0ahUKEwiz_9nsjpHXAhWD7SYKHY_tBx4QMwg8KAAwAA&iact=mrc&uact=8']upload_2017-10-27_11-27-44.jpeg
[/URL]
[URL='https://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http%3A%2F%2Fvignette1.wikia.nocookie.net%2Fcardfight%2Fimages%2Fa%2Fae%2FFunny_shocked_face-5.jpg%2Frevision%2Flatest%3Fcb%3D20150125195524&imgrefurl=http%3A%2F%2Fcardfight.wikia.com%2Fwiki%2FFile%3AFunny_shocked_face-5.jpg&docid=YyqGskcfCA2riM&tbnid=GSCsywqPFsCopM%3A&vet=10ahUKEwi9zNbcjpHXAhWM6CYKHZD2DbQQMwj2ASgGMAY..i&w=498&h=344&bih=920&biw=1001&q=shocked%20face&ved=0ahUKEwi9zNbcjpHXAhWM6CYKHZD2DbQQMwj2ASgGMAY&iact=mrc&uact=8'][URL='https://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=https%3A%2F%2Fblackwaterdog.files.wordpress.com%2F2011%2F02%2Fpete6.jpg&imgrefurl=https%3A%2F%2Fblackwaterdog.wordpress.com%2F2011%2F02%2F12%2Fsouza-for-the-weekend%2Fpete6-2%2F&docid=Wb2SBCcQXHyx1M&tbnid=jthvnUILZwnFRM%3A&vet=10ahUKEwiz_9nsjpHXAhWD7SYKHY_tBx4QMwg8KAAwAA..i&w=1024&h=683&bih=920&biw=1001&q=obama%20laughing%20hysterically&ved=0ahUKEwiz_9nsjpHXAhWD7SYKHY_tBx4QMwg8KAAwAA&iact=mrc&uact=8'] [/URL][/URL]

I agree. After the Democrats admitted to targeting Conservatives and apologized, we now have a President who stepped in and settled the resulting law suits.

Don't leave Bill Clinton hanging as the ONLY US President to illegally use the IRS as a political weapon. Barry has earned his spot right there beside him.

Are you trying to take this 'honor' / 'distinction' away from Barry .. because he is black?

View attachment 156817

View attachment 156818
But there is really not evidence to suggest some sort of democratic conspiracy there. There is only evidence to suggest that these keywords, along with others (like, "progressive") were used to filter the workload. Might some cubicle jockey have had a political bone to pick? Sure.

Again, you Trumpkin cheerleaders need to gain a little perspective and try to remind yourselves that power routinely changes hands in this country, and what goes around comes around...

View attachment 156817

View attachment 156818
But there is really not evidence to suggest some sort of democratic conspiracy there. There is only evidence to suggest that these keywords, along with others (like, "progressive") were used to filter the workload. Might some cubicle jockey have had a political bone to pick? Sure.

Again, you Trumpkin cheerleaders need to gain a little perspective and try to remind yourselves that power routinely changes hands in this country, and what goes around comes around...
How would the search term "progressive" "filter the work load?"

But there is really not evidence to suggest some sort of democratic conspiracy there.
I will make sure to tell Lois Lerner, who admitted to and apologized for her department doing the targeting, that the next time I see her....

How about that? She admitted to doing it and apologized for it for nothing. :p

Forum List

Back